Just read that Carl Olof Jonsson died yesterday

by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

But you haven’t actually studied those things at all. You’ve merely grappled with your own cognitive dissonance until you could deceive yourself into thinking that ‘it’s the science that’s wrong’, rather than the arbitrary interpretations of a minor religious denomination.

--

Scholar has studied COJ very thoroughly too !!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️ But you still accept irrational nonsense (see also ‘sunk cost fallacy’ and ‘appeal to emotion’). That’s worse than believing nonsense simply due to being uninformed.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

But you still accept irrational nonsense (see also ‘sunk cost fallacy’ and ‘appeal to emotion’). That’s worse than believing nonsense simply due to being uninformed.

And you can believe that if that’s what you like to choose. But scholar has shown that it is reasonable to conclude that based on solid -539 and 70 year desolation based on JW valid Bible interpretation is is not nonsense because you don’t like JW. You say it is nonsense but it makes sense and prophetic sense also.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

And you can believe that if that’s what you like to choose. But scholar has shown that it is reasonable to conclude that based on solid -539 and 70 year desolation based on JW valid Bible interpretation is is not nonsense because you don’t like JW. You say it is nonsense but it makes sense and prophetic sense also.

Fallacy: Straw man attack. I have provided a great deal of information specifically indicating why the JW position is incorrect. The claim that I simply ‘don’t like JW’ is therefore an obvious lie.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fallacy: Straw man attack. I have provided a great deal of information specifically indicating why the JW position is incorrect. The claim that I simply ‘don’t like JW’ is therefore an obvious lie.

Abdolutely not. The only information that you have provided is solstice. Just about everything else are fallacious remarks as scholar keeps pointing out to you and commentary. It has been shown by scholar that wt interpretation of chronology is valid. And that’s that.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

---

The information that you provide is simply a rehash of COJ' thesis which in turn is a rehash of SDA's interpretation of Bible Chronology. The only thing that is new in your Blog is an array of pretty coloured charts.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️ Having been thoroughly trounced from every angle, poor ‘scholar’ whines unintelligently about ‘pretty charts’ while his crony Fisherman fallaciously gurgles praise for his role model. I think we’re done here. Honest people can assess the material here for themselves.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Having been thoroughly trounced from every angle, poor ‘scholar’ whines unintelligently about ‘pretty charts’ while his crony Fisherman fallaciously gurgles praise for his role model. I think we’re done here. Honest people can assess the material here for themselves.

--

The only 'trouncing' you have done is in your own mind for you offer nothing new or of substance when it comes to the 607 BBCE debate. Your so-called 'fine material' is simply COJ's GTR rehashed with a few pretty coloured charts.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Your so-called 'fine material' is simply COJ's GTR rehashed with a few pretty coloured charts.

I’m sure Fisherman will be along any moment to ‘request’ proof for that claim, having such high standards of evidence as he does. 😂

• Tigris
    Tigris

Hi there,

I am reading COJ’s A critique of the two-part article published in the public editions of The Watchtower Part 1, and noticed he said on page 1:

“In 2005 I wrote a 13-page refutation of such “standard letters” [from the Watchtower Society explaining 607] that could it be sent to those who contacted me. If someone is interested in receiving a copy of one the Society’s “standard letters” and of my refutation of it, just send me an email.”

My question is, does anyone have his refutation of the “Society’s ‘standard letters’”? Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit