by slimboyfat 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

He can't even properly interpret a table. No wonder he accepts JW doctrines

---

Neither can you!

---

Wow. No, doofus, Simanu began on 21 June in that year. But you believe it started on 1 July, remember? It’s Nisanu that you incorrectly believe began in May

--

Nope, it is June 30/ July 1,588 BC.according to VAT 4956

Go away boofhead.!

scholar jw

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Nope, it is June 30/ July 1,588 BC.according to VAT 4956

Now he’s happy to include the previous evening! 😂🤦‍♂️ But Simanu never begins on June 30 (or any day after 27 June) on the Julian calendar in the Neo-Babylonian period either. And ‘scholar’ was adamant that the previous evening isn’t a valid starting point for PD anyway. 😂 And of course VAT4956 says nothing of the sort because it refers to an eclipse on 15 Simanu (5 July 568BCE), not 1 Simanu for the wrong date in the wrong month in a different year.

And unfortunately for ‘scholar’, I’ve already demonstrated that I have interpreted PD correctly where ‘scholar’ dismally failed.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Me I'm very ignorant about all this but weren't there Jews left behind in Jerusalem who could easily have began preparations particularly as they were working class and likely to be the kind to do most of the actual rebuilding / cleaning etc?.
    Jeffro I was referring to preparations for making the trip from Babylon to Jerusalem rather than preparation for rebuilding Jerusalem.

Apologies for the confusion I didn't put it very clearly. What I meant was that having people in and around Jerusalem (probably old servants & their famillies) would help speed up preparations. (I'm sure they dispatched messengers to Jerusalem straight away) I just imagined they wouldn't need to take so much if things were waiting on their arrival? Just a supposition that would speed up the job?

• Pierre1977
    Pierre1977

‘Maybe Hillah is in a different direction’ (but there is irrigated farmland in the other directions anyway).

And since when does farmland count as an rebuilt city?

🤦‍♂️ And no, the modern city of Tyre isn’t in a different location, and includes the Sidonian Port that was used to conquer the city from the north after the causeway plan failed (and the heritage protected area in the south-west are Roman ruins).

I only claimed that Tyre isn't fully rebuilt, not that not any part of it is rebuilt. All of Tyre should be rebuilt to make the prophecy unfulfilled. And Tyre should have the glory of Ancient times, too, as I said:

And “not being found” again raises the question: In what way found? Clearly not simply by the location because Ezekiel said Fishermen would be there. So, “not being found” doesn't mean not being located by anyone, but not in the condition of a mighty and wealthy port city like Tyre once was.

You continue:

Quite smart, and significantly more than you.

“He that praises himself spatters himself.” — Romanian proverb

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I attended a Christadelphian lecture where the speaker claimed that Tyre wasn’t rebuilt because the central part of the current settlement still contains the old ruins. He used Google maps and it seemed to check out. What this means for Bible prophecy I don’t know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Check out the images on Google

• Pierre1977
    Pierre1977

It means that it's not fully rebuilt. And that Tyre would not be populated at all is not what Ezekiel predicted because he sais that fishermen would spread their nets there. So, the presence of many buildings there doesn't mean it's a false prediction — it would only be if Tyre once again attained its former power which Ezekiel predicted should not happen. If anything, Beirut is the Lebanese city that has the most influence in the Northwestern Levant. I still believe the Bible.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Now he’s happy to include the previous evening! 😂🤦‍♂️ But Simanu never begins on June 30 (or any day after 27 June) on the Julian calendar in the Neo-Babylonian period either. And ‘scholar’ was adamant that the previous evening isn’t a valid starting point for PD anyway. 😂 And of course VAT4956 says nothing of the sort because it refers to an eclipse on 15 Simanu (5 July 568BCE), not 1 Simanu for the wrong date in the wrong month in a different year.

--

Nope. According to the data in VAT 4956 the eclipse is more correctly assigned to 15 July 588 BC and not to 5 July 568 BCE as the result of the research by WT scholars.

--

And unfortunately for ‘scholar’, I’ve already demonstrated that I have interpreted PD correctly where ‘scholar’ dismally failed.

--

The said scholar does not trust your interpretation of PD's tabulation!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat:

I attended a Christadelphian lecture where the speaker claimed that Tyre wasn’t rebuilt because the central part of the current settlement still contains the old ruins. He used Google maps and it seemed to check out. What this means for Bible prophecy I don’t know.

🤦‍♂️ the UNESCO heritage site of the Tyre Hippodrome is an area that was part of the mainland city of Ushu when Tyre was still an island, so it means absolutely nothing. It’s even more desperate than Pierre’s plaintive arbitrary claim that Tyre is not rebuilt at all unless it’s ‘fully rebuilt’, whatever that means.

Despite their desperation, Tyre wasn’t actually completely destroyed let alone not fully rebuilt after Alexander conquered the city, and it wasn’t burned as falsely suggested in the Bible. It continued to function throughout the Seleucid, Greek and Roman periods. It had a decline in the 13th century after Muslim conquest but continued to exist, as it still does even now.

Please don’t encourage the nutters.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

Apologies for the confusion I didn't put it very clearly. What I meant was that having people in and around Jerusalem (probably old servants & their famillies) would help speed up preparations. (I'm sure they dispatched messengers to Jerusalem straight away) I just imagined they wouldn't need to take so much if things were waiting on their arrival? Just a supposition that would speed up the job?

You may be right, though there aren’t any specific details available about preparing Jerusalem for the arrival of the returnees. There were people still in Judea, particularly the region of Benjamin but also other small settlements, so they might have been able to assist with getting the area functional when they heard about those coming from Babylon. But even if their weren’t, the Jews returning from Babylon wouldn’t need to bring building materials with them on the journey, just what they needed for the journey itself and to initially settle. Work on the temple foundations didn’t begin until 537BCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit