TV.JW.ORG (September 2015) - Generation explained again

by Designer Stubble 210 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

runforever - You are 100% correct on this comment:

So one generation is from 1893 to 2015 and counting? 122 years so far?

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Israel Ricky Gonzales

You brought up a very important point: That Jesus linked the time of the end and "this generation" with Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy.

Mathew 24:15 has as a reference Daniel 9:27. Daniel 9:27 speaks of the last week of the 70 weeks of Daniel.

The jw's say that last week of the 70's weeks already took place in the first century.

Many bible researchers say the 70's week will be in the future.

From Daniel 9:24-27 you can see that there is a gap between the 69 and 70 week. The jw's do not recognize this gap.

If you read the whole context you can see that during the last week a short term - 7 year "covenant" is made by a price of the country who comes to destroy Jerusalim, but he breaks the covenant at the half of this period of 7 years.

The wt even changed the verse Daniel 9:27 to make it appear more that the covenant is made by Jesus and support the fact that the 70th week already took place. NWT States “And he will keep the covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week, he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.

While NIV : He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’[h] In the middle of the ‘seven’[i] he will put an end to sacrifice and offering

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Splane says we should give a scripture that can say how much a generationis, here it is:

Mathew 1: 17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I just had a revelation about the org.

from watching splane's chart: They will close the door to the anointed ones again.

This is what my gut tells me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Readily discerned his presence in that year????

Rutherford didn't come up with that b@!!&ck$ till the 1920's

• username
    username
    FWF - FUCK WE'RE FUCKED!
  • Defianttruth
    Defianttruth
    Apparently(TM) the pronoun "this", which in every other written form and grammatical usage since the beginning of the written english language has always been a singular person, place, thing, idea......., in the one and only use of "this" it refers to two generations. Confused? Let the Governing Body (TM) lovingly(TM) put it to you this way. For over a millennium worldly scholars have taught the word "this" is a singular pronoun. In various languages such as Latin, Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic, singular pronouns have been used. Now, we brothers know it is grammatically impossible to use a singular pronoun to represent more than one noun, but if we didn't use our super happified smarts from our average 8 grade school education, as we all know higher education is evil, we wouldn't be able to make our ecclesiology accurate. The only hope we have is you brothers and sisters are so stupid, I mean loyal, you won't even notice us raping the English Language. As you know, we are the Guardians of the Galaxy. Sorry I mean Guardians of the Doctrine(TM)......... Hold on, we can't trade mark Guardians of the Doctrine it seems those pesky Catholics beat us to it. Let me start over. As you know, we are unpresumptously God's Channel of Communication and it is impossible for us to be wrong as we are speaking for God. If you dare think about this brazen act of intellectual dishonesty at all, we will cut you off lovingly(TM) from your family by sending our executioners, I mean Dukes of the Kingdom after your ass.
  • username
    username
    I see Applegate reared its ugly head again. Looking at Davey boy I think he is wearing one of those golden Apple watches too!
  • prologos
    prologos

wt actually teaches the generation will pass away, because according to them, the anointed, -who are the overlapping generation-, will pass on , called to heaven, raptured before Armageddon.

Jesus: --will not--

wt: --will--. willful contradiction?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Splane says we should give a scripture that can say how much a generationis, here it is:

Mathew 1: 17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

......................................WATCHTARDED..
    Image result for math word

.............................Without WatchTarded Math..

................WBT$ Numbers Would Never Make Sense!..

.........................Image result for jw.org broadcasting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit