TV.JW.ORG (September 2015) - Generation explained again

by Designer Stubble 210 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

Still trying to guess the date of the big A, eh? Not for anyone to know...been delayed for over 2000 years so far. Certainly someone in 93 CE said it was "just around the corner".

Still claiming they know when heaven is "sealed up"? Really? And how many are there now exactly?

Pathetic little men in Brooklyn, just shut the hell up already & leave that ouija board alone!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The cutoff date for this generation has now moved to 1992 (was once 1935), the year that Fred Franz died."

That is not new. Ever since day 1 it was mentioned AS AN EXAMPLE that they would have had to serve together with Franz who died in 1992. So not moved to 1992, but serving BEFORE 1992.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Mark Sanderson is 50...thus born in 1965...if he was anointed at 21 then that is 1986 well before 1992 and therefore he IS part of the second group of anointed and thus the Big A can come near the end of his life thus if he lives the standard 80 years then theoretically the end can be 30 years away.

Why are folks saying on here he is NOT part of the second group, he easily can be. Unless we know when he started to partake?

• Splash
    Splash
    smiddy 2 years ago I posted a thread listing 3 Bible accounts

Is this the one you were thinking of?

notsurewheretogo Mark Sanderson is 50...

Sanderson was baptised at the age of 9 or 10 in Feb 1975. I guess he believed the end was imminent.
    As such he overlaps Franz quite easily, so is part of the same 'Generation' as Franz and Russell by way of being an overlapper.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Thanks Splash, just confused as to why Oubliette says Mark Sanderson is most likely not part of the second group then. I believe the GB think he is and thus the end can be postponed on the current understanding for at least 30 years.
  • Listener
    Listener

Splane makes special mention that Franz was baptized in 1913 so in 1914 he qualified to be considered as one of the anointed that discerned the times of the end and therefore part of the first group. Back in 1914 up to about 1935 all those baptized were considered to be anointed. I think he is making the point that those of the second group would be considered to be of that group, not when they were born or even baptized but at the time they considered themselves anointed and before the death of the last anointed person in the first group.

This wouldn't be so bad if they were just speculating once again.. It would be easy to excuse their speculation on the basis that they are just trying to maintain an urgency amongst the sheep so that they remain on the watch. But they are not merely speculating. They claim that this teaching is what Jesus meant when he said 'this generation'. Splane also lists a number of men who were and are anointed, he doesn't say that these people 'claim' to be of the anointed but states it as fact.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

NSWTG: if he was anointed at 21 then that is 1986 well before 1992

IF he claimed to be anointed before Franz died, THEN you would be right.

Do you know this for a certainty?

In the '80s and '90s it would have been very unusual for a 20-something punkass JW to claim to be anointed.

It is possible, just extremely unlikely. As far as I can tell, the GB is not providing any details one way or the other. They don't really like to give anything that resembles evidence, do they?

By the way, let's get one thing straight: NO ONE IS ANOINTED BY HOLY SPIRIT. That notion is a myth.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why are we all trying to make sense of this stuff?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

stuck: Why are we all trying to make sense of this stuff?

That is a really good point!

In case I wasn't clear, my explication was intended to show just that: This is all nonsense!

WT "theology" is incoherent and internally inconsistent. The GB is under the delusion that the use of the word "evidently" somehow suffices for actual evidence.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    stuckinarut2:
    • Why are we all trying to make sense of this stuff?

Perhaps because some find it fun in much the same way as others do discussing alien abduction with orifice probing? At least the abduction nonsense sounds more plausible and a lot more entertaining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit