At the mouth of 2-3 witnesses a matter is established .Gods word the bible proves a generation is 50 years +, or - 5 years

by smiddy 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses make a big deal about the 2 or 3 witnesses in judicial decisions yet they ignore that evidence when it suits them.

Firstly :

Regarding the length of a generation matthew ch.1:17 gives a strong clue ,their are 3 lots of 14 generations mentioned which equal 42 generations from the time of Abraham to Jesus .

Watchtower publications give Abrahams birth as 2018 BC......They also give jesus birth as of 2 BC a period of 2016 years

2016 yrs. divided by 42 gen. =48 years per generation

Secondly:

Luke Ch.3 : 23 - 38 indicates their are 76 generations from Adams creation to the birth of Jesus a period of 4024 years according to watchtower chronology .

4024 years divided by 76 generations =53 years per generation

Warning : Dont be misled by a furphy , how long a person or group lives has nothing to do with how long a generation is .

Thirdly:

When Jesus gave his prophecy in Matt.24 :34 "this generation will by no means pass away untill all these things occur." he was no older than 33 years right ? This prophecy occured in the year 70 AD., well within the 50 year timeslot for a generation as outlined in Gods word the Bible .

Conclusion : Gods word the bible testifies 3 times that a generation is no longer than 50 + or - a couple of years

Nowwhere in either the Hebrew scriptures or Christian greek scriptures is their any justification for proclaiming an extension of this time period for a generation.

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wow, well put!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This aspect of generation was discussed at length here. The original post (Kepler) and my post # 129 touch on this aspect. But the whole thread was very interesting.

Take Care

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bump

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nice work and I'll check out the other thread too.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The scripture about Job and his sons and grandsons being 4 generations is great too. I assume "grandsons" would include great-grandsons, otherwise how could there be 4 generations. Even though it does not focus on the length of a generation like the scriptures you mentioned, it does show that the overlapping teaching is bogus.

" And Job continued living after this a hundred and forty years and came to see his sons and his grandsons-four generations." Job 42:16

• mP
    mP

smiddy:

why didnt you tkae jesus geneology from matthew ? Abraham and his father lived nearly 250ish years each, so i guess that makes a generation 250 years.

• smiddy
    smiddy

mP

Your making the mistake of thinking the total years of ones life is a generation. Not so . Abraham was one generation , his father was of another generation . Adam was supposed to have lived 930 years , are you suggesting that was one generation ?

I am a father , who has a son , who in turn also has a son , that is 3 generations . A generation has no relevance as to how many years a person lives.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy
    Bump
  • smiddy
    smiddy

bump

A further answer to mP `s question / suggestion ,

The cover of the WT magazine showing all those elderly people , all of which lived for different lengths of years , clearly shows that the Governing Body considered all of them to be of the one generation .

The Watchtower of May 15 1984 , ..."1914 The Generation That Will Not Pass Away"

And sadly they are all dead , that generation did pass away. their is still no Great tribulation and no Armageddon in this year of 2015,, and instead of it all happening before the end of the 20th Century as they indicated ,we are 15 years into the 21st Century .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit