We're all Americans....Reparations?

by Country Girl 106 Replies latest social humour

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

You know.. I am just done with my opinion. I don't care anymore. This thread is gonna go on for months... it doesn't matter!You are gonna love who you love and like who you like.. and nothing is going to change that. I asked the question so that we could all talk about it... and we could meet with our differences. I think we have done that, and that is good. Please.. let this thread die.

Country Girl

• sableindian
    sableindian

Thi Chi,

I've been to the site you put up. I think it is a great site. A little information is gullible. But I happen to like this site. I think it is educational and sensitive. It is also bringing out information that minorities already knew. And, as I mentioned before, I am all for education on this issue. In fact I believe the best thing about bringing up reparations for the unproduced promise of the US government is that it is bringing out information that was ignored previously.

Here in Georgia, we will be voiting on the Confederate flag issue. This site brings out the issue very well.

What I believe is that each "group" that benefitted will have to make judgement for themselves what THEY will do to have themselves clear.

Me, I'd rather have my reparations and treaty agreements with my Creator. And leave the eternal punishments to Him also.

But in the meantime...hopefully, the education will continue.

Shalom

Sableindian

Edited by - sableindian on 25 January 2003 18:16:59

• sableindian
    sableindian

Country Girl,

Can you imagine this is under "Jokes and Humor"? But I am glad for the thoughts. Meet you on a thread where we can show a lil mo' love.

Til then

Sableindian

• sableindian
    sableindian

Yes, Mega Dude, but not with money. Let's say 2 people are building with blocks. It is a contest to acquire lifes necessities. They both start off equally, but one person continually has their blocks burned, stolen, knocked down, hidden, etc. While the other one has help and suggestions. They are in seperate rooms and the one who has great success with his building can not understand why the other one did not have success. He then thinks of the things that would not make HIM unsuccessful. Lazy, stupid, ignorant, criminal (who would burn, steal, hide, etc. your blocks? You must have done it yourself)

So, now the person without the help is WAYYYY behind. Also they have a tag on them that they did not earn.

I think that those who are in that predicament should be allowed to learn any skill (training, college,etc) for 3 generations. With this, they can earn money for the next generation and so on and so on. They should be given the opportunity to learn finances and the economical successful history of their people. Actually, if there are poor Whites in this category, I would love to see them take advantage of it also. Let me get even bolder. There are women and children who are cast aside by males who need a helping hand also. Men who have kept them down and secluded leave them and their do not know how to take care of themselves. I think if you have 2 children and have only the money to educate one child and one is a female, then the female should be WELL educated. The male will make due in this society.

So, yes, if there are no obstacles for reparations, then I believe it can succeed. But as we know, there are politics and there are politics. Watch out for the politician whether White, Black, Brown, etc.

I believe that when we are all successful, no one would mind living next door to ANYBODY!

(Now how to make this thread a joke and humor subject. THAT IS THE REAL QUESTION! lol)

Shalom

Sableindian

Edited by - sableindian on 25 January 2003 18:37:24

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out. --- Sydney Smith 1771

• sableindian
    sableindian

To Jst_me,

" don't know about Atlanta...I would like to go but we'll see. I will be at Schimetzen though. Funny about your ceremony (or maybe not, sorry). Have you ever heard of Fort Freedom in Appalachicola??"

Well, as for that ceremony...I could write a book. For that and what led up to it. I'm 53 and things were a bit different when I was coming up. I lived in a house with about 5 bedrooms and we had 4 generations. My great grandmother, 2 (spoiled) brothers, my mom (who was never home cause she was a doctor on call!!!) grandparents and "the girls" (My oldest sister was away at college) My whole life was controlled. I jumped from one control to another. Very interesting life, indeed.

Fort Freedom sounds familiar but I can not remember what connection my memory has with it. (1st thing to go...yadda tuh yadda tuh)

When I find out more Pow Wow info I will search and find. LOL

Take care

• jelly
    jelly

The biggest obstacle for most minorities to achieve some form of success today is their own subculture of ignorance, victimization, and entitlement. Asian people came to America suffered the same set of unfair circumstances and made it, why not the black of Indian community? Read my previous post if you want my view. I think most of the reparations supporters should keep in mind what they want is some payment for a crime that never happened to them, and they want the people that did not commit it to pay. The playing field is mostly equal now so succeed or rot nobody stole your building blocks.

Terry

• jst_me
    jst_me

yrs2long.....awesome quote.

sableindian...do the creeks have a story about a rattlesnake.....a rattlesnake is what he is, that is what some of the people posting here are, they are what they are (if you know this story you know what I mean). My favorite MLK quote is: "There is nothing in the world more dangerous than sincere ignorance or consientious stupidity". People either are like the rattlesnake, or they dont really want to know. Sometimes (as evidenced by posts here) these conversations are lessons in futility.

also....

as for Fort Freedom...it is in Appalachicola...LOADS of spirit there...here is a really good link:

http://www.frostburg.edu/dept/mdfl/mbolovan/africanfort.htm

• sableindian
    sableindian

Jelly, I'm not really interested in your previous posts...not unless you have already enumerated and documented the accusation you have of what happened to the Indigenous People and the Black People with the Asian People.

"suffered the same set of unfair circumstances "

Otherwise, this is just rhetoric of a mindless machine spewing out refuse.

Some little statistics to help you out:

"From 1882-1968, 4,743 lynchings occurred in the United States. Of these people that were lynched 3,446 were black. The blacks lynched accounted for 72.7% of the people lynched. These numbers seem large, but it is known that not all of the lynchings were ever recorded. Out of the 4,743 people lynched only 1,297 white people were lynched. That is only 27.3%. Many of the whites lynched were lynched for helping the black or being anti lynching and even for domestic crimes"

1642Under the regime of Director Kieft, a friendly village of harmless, unsuspecting "Indians"(an estimated 120 men, women, and children) near the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam (later to become New York City's borough of Manhattan) -- were butchered with bayonets while they slept. But according to an eyewitness named DeVries, a most revolting atrocity involved a male straggler, about twenty-five years of age, who'd had his left hand and legs hacked off, and was found alive in daylight the next morning "supporting his protruding entrails with his other hand."

Okay, your turn. Asian "same circumstances", please.

"Its understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like you"
    ---Ferris Bueller

• sableindian
    sableindian

jst_me,

I know a couple of rattlesnake tales. Is this the one where the man asked the rattlesnake to kill the sun? Or the baby rattlesnake who wanted to have a rattle? Or the one about the woman, her children, her husband, the screaming and the death circle. (maybe I heard a different version.) I think the latter may be the one.

Well, you get the picture.

By the way, I have a sister with a similiar screen name. It is justmemato.

Just a lil trivia.

Edited by - sableindian on 27 January 2003 15:57:5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit