If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Let's not forget - in a cynical attempt to avoid being guilty of discrimination, she also apparently stopped issuing marriage licenses for all, even "KimDavis sanctioned" people.

Really, one "I found Jebus" fundie can hold so many people's lives to ransom to get her own warped way?

Her only option now is to resign. There is no other outcome to this. The court should not and cannot back down. She cannot 'allow' things in her name that she previously claimed she couldn't because of conscience / principle and we know fundies never say "oh, I was wrong" (except when caught on Ashley Madison).

I predict a resignation in her future or else an impeachment.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Now you're finally saying the same thing actual smart people have been saying

Is that what you think? You are wrong.

That reply isn't relevant to anything. I'm in no way surprised that what you write has nothing to do with reality.

Sure it is READ what the AG said smarty pants.

Are you done being 100% wrong an uninformed now?

More rhetoric.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Is that what you think? You are wrong.
    Sure it is READ what the AG said smarty pants.
    More rhetoric.

Now you're just being wimpy butthurt on top of 100% wrong, utterly and absolutely intellectually lazy and completely uninformed.

Seriously. have you EVER contributed anything to humanity? If so, I hope it was a lot because this thread with everyone of your posts is a lot of debit. If you believe in Jesus, you should hope he never sees this thread before he decides you fate.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Agree- But what could happen concurrently with that are religious riots.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon:

Her only option now is to resign.

That would be the ethical option but she isn't going to do the ethical thing.

There is no other outcome to this.

She can keep dragging her feet.

The court should not and cannot back down.

Agreed but, like I stated above, it's a chess game and moves have to be carefully weighed instead of rushed.

Impeachment is not an option! If it's held up for a vote the same people who voted for her will take her side. That would give them an even bigger victory with major repercussions nationwide.

And, from her point of view, there is no reason to resign. She has the support of many who would think of her as a quitter if she were to resign.

Check and checkmate?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

VI,

That would be the ethical option but she isn't going to do the ethical thing.
    There are ways to force her to do that. She will have no choice.

She will be checkmated. The Supreme Court has ruled. She is defying the Supreme Court . It is not about an accomodation.

That is just my view VI. I am not sayig you are wrong.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman:

"She will be checkmated. The Supreme Court has ruled. She is defying the Constitution . It is not about an accomodation."

Just how will she be checkmated? You're thinking in terms of law. She's acting in terms of popular support which can manifest itself in the form of defiance against the law. Nullification is the word that comes to mind.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    She's acting in terms of popular support which can manifest itself in the form of defiance against the law.

Agree. But that is how I see the chessboard right now. A lot of people do not agree with ss marriages and a lot people did not agree with Blacks and civil rights. There could be a civil war but this government is ready for that too. Hopefully it is only a show to get someone elected and this will die out. Great link. I think that what you said is what another poster was alluding to when he posted that the new President would do something like that. I cannot see that happening but it could. DJS posted just how many European countries and other countries legalized ss marriages. I cannot see the US not doing it also. It has.

How will she be checkmated? They will find a way to force her to resign.

What do I know about government. But that is how I see things.

People who read my posts know I do not post to get people to like me.

• Simon
    Simon
    And, from her point of view, there is no reason to resign. She has the support of many who would think of her as a quitter if she were to resign.

Then she will go to prison. Everyone will see Huckabee's "send me instead" is empty rhetoric and the whole thing will eventually fade from the news as fast as his election hopes. He's pinning things on the right-wing evangelical vote but that is a shrinking proportion of the population (thank, erm ... "god")

The march of history is against her. There are simply too many examples that can he put in place of Gay Marriage to show up the bigotry she expresses - interracial marriage being just one. She even contradicts her own claimed beliefs. She can be ripped to shreds argument-wise.

She has no case, she had no argument. It's all empty rhetoric. This is only "news" because of current political dysfunction.

She either backs down, goes to prison or quits. I don't think she''ll do #1, couldn't take #2 and so #3 is inevitable. Of course she'll spin it as "conscience" or whatever. Who cares, as long as a fundie who can't put their job responsibilities ahead of their antiquated warped beliefs isn't in a government position.

The other option is of course the US panders to her madness and sets a precedent that mires it in legal conflict for the next 10 years. Say hello to the other 3rd world countries while you fall apart if that's the case. I hope common sense prevails but who knows. Huckabee or Cruz for president? God help us all and prepare for WWIII

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......................I`ll be Back In Jail Before You Know It!..Image result for hallelujah

..................Image result for Kim davis released

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit