If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• DJS
    DJS

SCOTUS: Kentucky clerk must issue same-sex marriage licenses

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

Updated 8:02 PM ET, Mon August 31, 2015

Let's hope this is the final screech from the haters who wrap themselves in the bible - or their egoist political philosophy I doubt it will be, but let's hope.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad that's over. It was ridiculous for her to think she didn't have to do her job and marry people because of her religious beliefs. She is a county clerk, it's not her decision who qualifies to get married, that is defined by law. It would be like a racist refusing to marry a mixed race couple, the courts are some imply not going to allow it. If she feels that strongly about it she can quit her job.

• Village Idiot
  • kaik
    kaik
    She is three time divorcee, and married for the fourth time. She fasted, but still look like overweight pig prior slaughter. Obviously, she is one of the Xtians who pic and choose. Unfortunately, she was elected and cannot be removed from office, even if she get arrested for contempt of court. She only could be recalled by the county population.
  • DJS
    DJS

Jesus isn't the reason for her treason.

It's hate.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

She should quit like certain other self righteous nitwits do. Its a job. If you wont do it, why make a supreme court case-LITERALLY- about it?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Jesus isn't the reason for her treason. It's hate.

How do you know if this is true? What is known is that she did not do her job.

In the US same sex marriages is the law of the land but so is is freedom of religion and freedom of expression. Just as gay people have rights under the law so do others. But should people be forced to approve of gay marriages? I think that people must recognize gay marriages because it is law. I wonder what would happen if a gay married couple attended KH? Would they and could they kick them out if they held hands, etc.

In this particular case where this woman did not wish to issue the license, I do not think that she can claim freedom of religion, but I do not know for sure. She did not perform the marriage and she does not have to approve of it. It is the State that issues the license not her. She only does the paperwork. But if she has a problem with that, she could find another job that does not impose on her doing what she does not want to do. I would like to know how Marvin Shilmer sees this matter, but if religion is her reason or another valid reason, then must the State be forced to protect her rights and accommodate her someway so that she does not have to issue licenses to same sex marriages?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    We know because she said so, fisher person. Attending a KH has nothing to do with this, nor does freedom of religion. The state , either federal or local, has no obligation to allow her to not do her job based on her choice of religion.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I like the response of Bill Maher about the Repubs and fundy's crapping their pants about the SCOTUS ruling for legalization of gay marriage. He asked, "don't they realize its not mandatory?"

They don't have to get married to a gay person, live your lives Ted Cruz and the gang and keep your Jesus to yourself.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The state , either federal or local, has no obligation to allow her to not do her job based on her choice of religion.

Sure they do. And sure they have. I do not know if it applies in this case though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit