If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman:

"As it was posted previously, all they had to do is go to another jurisdiction to get their license and this woman would not have been punished by the government."

Why should they have to go to another county?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Why should they have to go to another county?

If you mean now, to not risk their licenses being invalid.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

So you believe in marriage according to the bible?

For some reason I can't post a picture via url, here's a link for better version.

http://cheezburger.com/6217367552

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    In this same general religious expression topic, how do you feel about a Muslim women told to to remove a hijab etc, if her job says she needs to? ( or an airport security etc)
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    So you believe in marriage according to the bible?

Does gay marriages open the door to bigamist, polygamist, and practicing bestiality?

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    To not risk their licenses being invalid

It shouldn't get to that point. She should have done her job that she agreed to do. If I refuse to do a part of my job duties then I get fired. I have no business being there. She doesn't like the law, fine, resign from the job and save us the headaches. You cannot logically expect the couple to go out of their way when the law says they don't have to. Legally they were allowed to go there and get a license. Her feelings and beliefs are irrelevent.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    No risk if they just went to another county (HINT HINT) This judge seems very impartial to me
    Instead of going to another county to get the license, they went out of their way to to go through legal proceedings to get Davis punished.
    As it was posted previously, all they had to do is go to another jurisdiction to get their license and this woman would not have been punished by the government. It was not the government that wanted her punished
    Maybe they are afraid to impeach her (pink slip for not doing her job) because doing so would violate Davis Civil rights.
    What I have read in the news articles on the net is not that government is going after Davis for not doing her job, but that gays went after her and demanded that she should be punished.

Let's deal with these erroneous non-arguments, shall we?

1) Part of her duty is to handle marriage licenses that meet the requirements of the law. She does not get to pick and choose which parts of the law she likes. There is no need to go to another county. It is 100% illegal for her to deny a same-sex couple the same license that an opposite-sex couple would get now that same sex marriage is legal. The reason that other people have no been found in contempt of court is because the court has not ordered them to do it and had them refuse. Same sex couple have the right to get a license from the clerk and she has the duty to issue them. End of story.

2) The only way she can be impeached is by the state legislature, who is not in session at the moment. Any discussion of impeachment is moot without the legislature. Being impeached for not doing her sworn duty and violating valid court order is not a violation of civil rights. Honestly, from your poor grasp of everything about this situation, I doubt you even understand what civil rights are.

3). "The gays" did not demand she be punished. She is only being punished for refusal to execute upon her sworn duty. It is her choice to be punished for violating a judges order and it is not done on the say so of "the gays" nor did they demand it.

Seriously, how wrong can you be so often?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It shouldn't get to that point.

The point is that they should not have to go another county and that is why gays demanded to punish her instead of being inconvenienced.

• DJS
    DJS

Fish,

Yeah I'm with you. That Rosa Parks woman should have kept quiet and found a different form of transportation. Demanding that she ride THAT bus in THAT city in a DIGNIFIED manner!! Those uppity blacks. Look what she caused, civil rights for everybody, including x-tians.

They should not have to go anywhere to get a license other than the county in which they live. WTF is wrong with you and your kind? I've read this nonsense on x-tian fundie websites. The only person wrong in this matter was Ms. Davis.

If having more than one wife/husband is made legal at some time in the future, why would you care? Once again, that is a religious issue, not a secular one. And why do you and those like you continue to link gay marriage with other issues un-related?

WTF is wrong with you?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If you mean now, to not risk their licenses being invalid.

Why in the world do you imagine their license would be invalid?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit