North Korea's Threat

by Shakita 97 Replies latest jw friends

• D8TA
    D8TA
    I post statistics and facts on North Korea

Here's a cookie. Now, I wasn't talking about stats in N. Korea was I? And I didn't say YOU were a Blind Patriot now did I? "...a few of you are loaded with it."

I do not deny in any way whatsoever about what is going on in N. Korea, I am simply pointing out that the same issues can be thrown at the U.S. and it's foreign policy.

As for those who use "The U.S. isn't perfect" argument, crimeny, you sound like JW's with the "Governing Body". Should you persist on such an argument, then it can be applied to any nation in which your current-media-government-propaganda mind is being led to despise. Hey...if this "isn't perfect" argument works for the U.S., no reason why it shouldn't work for Iraq, China, North Korea, etc.

• Farkel
    Farkel

D8TA,

: Sooo...anybody look at the stats for the homeless and people who are starving in the U.S.?

Red herring.

Farkel

• Shakita
    Shakita

D8TA:

Here's a cookie.

No thank you. I am watching the sweets.

Mrs Shakita

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

D8TA,

Yeah, but tons of people are dying to get into this country too because of it's freedoms.

And who would you rather have as a Superpower, China?

Tons of people fought for the freedoms you enjoy, so back off, COMMIE!

:-P

-back2dafront

from the Typical Pro-American Comebacks Class

• Farkel
    Farkel

realist,

: by the way...the Us rebuilds only countries they need.

Yeah? Tell us why we needed Japan after we nuked them, then? The Marshall Plan was for rebuilding ALL of Europe from WWII, including Finland. Tell us why Finland is so important to us, compared with say, Germany.

Learn your history before you start talking out of an orifice that was made for elimination.

Farkel

• IronGland
    IronGland

I really hate nukes and bio-weapons. I wish there were some sort of cosmic referree who would somehow make it impossible for humans to have them. I want the world to be safe for conventional war. That asshat needs a 10,000 pound laser guided bomb to pay him a visit,but noooooo, now we have to treat this loser as a 'member of the club' because he managed to scrape together a nuke or two at the expense of his peoples welfare. If he doesn't already have a nuke then he needs to be the next one on the list after saddam. Actually he should be first. I realise there is concern with all that artillery raining down on Seoul, but that's what foxholes are for.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yeru,

: You again show how trully UNrealistic you are by your comments.

I just caught this statement of yours. If that was just an emphasis on "UN" as in "UNrealistic" then I guessed wrong. But if that was an emphasis on the United Nations as in "UN" then that statement was brilliant.

The UN is a thorn in our side and I say if they don't like what we do, then "fornicate" them. We don't need them any more than we need a "Ministry of Love" (as described in the book 1984)

Farkel

• D8TA
    D8TA

Farkel:

Red herring

Farkel, that was a two word answer. Now tell the nice folks here as to why it's a "Red herring", please?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Back,

I don't think I ignore all the bad that this country does and imposes on itself and others. I'm a critic of this counrty on many levels, BUT we're the best thing going in the world to date. If you know any other country where people are trying to get in the way they try to enter the US let me know. However, just because we have problems here doesn't mean we should ignore what's going on in the world.

D8TA,

How many people die in the US due to starvation? Yes, there are indeed hungry people in the US. But lets look at CAUSES rather than just flat numbers. My neice and her kids sometimes go without food. WHY? She works, but she can't get food stamps because the last time she was on them she defrauded the system. The kids will sometimes go a day without food, but she always has her beer and smokes. How many are homeless because they've chosen drugs and alcohol over job and family? We've sent TONS of food to NK, almost all of it went to the military. You are indeed comparing apples and oranges. However, in NK, over a million have DIED from starvation. There are indeed those in the US who are hungry, some have fallen through the cracks, but we're trying to help them. Whereas, the NK government is starving it's own citizens.

IF NK gets Nukes (if they don't already have a few) what will they do with them? HARD CASH! Think Bin Laden and company can meet his price? Should we wait until most of NYC or LA is a nuclear wasteland before we react?

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 10 January 2003 21:57:3

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Yeru, understood, but you have people dying to get into other countries too, and people dying to get out of this one (not literally, to my knowledge, but..you know what i mean).

So I guess you're saying that since there are problems in the world that need addressing, you are in a position to assist by being in the military.

That's one way to look at it. I could never say that your efforts will not do the world some good, because more than likely they will. If this is your reason for joining the forces, I can't say anything negative about that.

Well, to each his own. I'm glad you are a critic as well though - don't ever loose that ability.

Good luck buddy.

-back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit