North Korea's Threat

by Shakita 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Just out of curiosity, how many of you here had ever heard about a place called Timor?

How many knew about the extent of the suffering there?

What about human rights? Do these people have human rights? Freedom, The pursuit of happiness and blah,blah, blah .

Edited by - Emiliano on 13 January 2003 15:52:53

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Is this the same Timor where the Islamic Rebels set off bombs in shops killing innocent civilians?? Or is this the Timor where the Islamic Rebels go around beheading tourists when their ransom demands are not met. Or is this the Timor where the Islamic Rebels go around burning Christian Churches?????

There are 2 sides to every story.

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

crazy

Yes thats the one. Do you know the story?

Terror breeds terror.

In north america the american indians were known to scalp the pale faces. All that hasd an explanation. Its kinda similar

Edited by - Emiliano on 13 January 2003 16:59:29

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Oh by the way did you know that the scalping thing was something that was first done by the settlers to the indians? But hollywood portays it a diffrent way.

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Terror is not terror only when it is done to us.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Farkel,

Since everyone seemed to have missed it, here's your attack on Emiliano that you've denied:

Emiliano,

We do not have any utopian government on this planet, and we can choose where to live. Just where do YOU live, by the way? If you live in the USA and hate it so much, then get the fuck out of here and move to Cuba. Or North Korea. Or even worse than those two places: move to Paris.

Farkel

I dunno about anyone else, but when someone tells me to "get the fuck out" that's a personal attack, and I don't react very nicely to words like that.

-back

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Our system has problems, but I'll take it over any other system in existence today. Did you know that the US government is the current longest standing system of rule on this planet? Yep. The British system is newer than ours. Same with China, Japan, Russia, all of Europe and even Ethiopia! It is still the model for all countries who wish to have a government which is a Republic.

I agree with this and mainly because the American system does give ppl the opportunity to uplift themselves and better their condition. Some more than others, but prolly better than any other country of a comparable size and population.

• Shakita
    Shakita

On c-span yesterday there was a news conference from The US Institute for Peace, in Washington, DC. It was very interesting. Here are some highlights:

http://www.usip.org/oc/releases/2002/1223_NBnkorea.html

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit