North Korea's Threat

by Shakita 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

backtodafront,

I understand that Iceland is THE mecca for geneological and DNA research. The locals can trace their ancestry clear back to the Vikings, generation by generation!

One thing Iceland cannot be accused of doing is meddling in the affairs of the rest of the world!

Farkel

• Englishman
    Englishman
    One thing Iceland cannot be accused of doing is meddling in the affairs of the rest of the world!

*Ahem!* *Embarrassed cough..*

Actually Farkel, we sort of went to war with Iceland as well back in 1973. The Icelanders wanted to muscle the Brits out of their fishing waters, so we sent in several destroyers and gave their gun-boats a few friendly nudges...oh dear..we're ever so amiable really..honestly.

• Realist
    Realist

Emiliano,

excellent posts!

it sad that most americans can't see whats going on. the almost total lack of information in the US media is certainly responsible for that.

farkel,

like usually you are not addressing Emiliano's statements but are attacking him personally. sad, sad.

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Realist,

Yes its sad and it is something that is intentionaly done to "us, the masses". In order to keep us in line.Keeping us in line by keeping us ignorant, busy with mindless sit coms, and tons of commercials so that we are programed as automatons in the Capitalist consumer machine popping out $$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the other end.

Kinda reminds me when I was in the Watchtower, They kept us so busy with their theater or their "talks" recievieng their commercials to consume more publications to keep their presses running.

I guess Farkel may consider me and " independent thinker" with "apostate ideas". It's that us and them mentality. This world is so small. There is only us.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Thank god people aren't resorting to falling back on stereotype of Americans.....we're all just worthless, obese playboys, right?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Emilio,

Have you ever seen the "slums" of India, China, N. Korea, Mexico...etc..etc...

Last time I checked our "slums" have running water, electricity, heat, and plumbing. Billions of people on earth do not enjoy the comforts of our "slums". Maybe YOU need to get your head out of the sand.

D8TA,

The USSR/Russia/Whatever has the largest stockpile Nuclear Weapons, not the U.S. Out Total amount of Military Sales may be the highest, but that is becuause we charge the most. There are FAR more AK-47s out there than M-16s. AKs cost $150, M-16 $1500. So yes, we sell the most in $$$$$ but not the most in equipment. Try the soviets on that one.........last time I checked we were not selling our subs and cruisers to the N. Koreans and the Chinese.....

English,

Whats with you English always ramming people?? If im not mistaken, you did the same thing in the Falkland War. Be more American and just shoot.........

• Farkel
    Farkel

realist,

: like usually you are not addressing Emiliano's statements but are attacking him personally. sad, sad.

Show us all where I attacked him personally.

Farkel

• Emiliano
    Emiliano

Crazy,

Yes I know they are worse. Whats your point? Are we to be ok with our slums until they reach that level?

Edited by - Emiliano on 13 January 2003 12:14:28

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Remember everyone, it's just fine to hate americans, really, it is.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Emilio,

My point is that while are 'slums' might be bad in our standards, compaired to the rest of the world they are 5 bedroom houses. Obviously we are not as bad as you make us out to be. Where does it state that the U.S. has to be some shinning Knight?? Where is it written that we the good ol' U S of A has to be some moral leader? The savior of the Free Wolrd? NO WHERE, and yet we tend to behave ourselves and do our best to bring some sort of STABILITY to this mad world. If we were not around the North would have invaded S. Korea, China would have invaded Taiwan, Russia would have invaded Europe...etc..etc...... So the ends justify the means. Am I saying that we are perfect? No. Do we do stupid things? Yes. Do we support bad people to further our own cause? Yes. Does every other world power do this? Yes. So are we the only bad people in the world? No. Are we a lot better than say China or Russia? Yes. Do people immegrate to China? No. Should we spend MORE on the military? YES.

The problem with ignorant people is that they want to stay that way.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit