Brother who works on JW Broadcasting gave a 20 minute talk, said something big is coming next month.

by wifibandit 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thats very interesting... I dont think its the announcment but i could forsee a time in 10 years or so when they go route
  • millie210
    millie210

So if they had started broadcasting a week sooner or a week later, would it still have been Jehovahs hand?

Who had control over when they launched?

Well.......the answer would be......

THEM

thats who!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From my inside source at Bethel ...

The King of the North is Ulysses S Grant

The King of the South is Robert E Lee

The King of the North overtook the King of the South during the Great (Civil) War.

Rub a Dub

• mana11
    mana11
    New Gold Watches for the GB
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Ok, I have my money on what Cappytan said. Since we are all speculating here. And I will give a background as to why is possible.

JW Broadcasting was a pilot. Pilot is over and is now permanent. Meaning that in order to reach everyone they need to become the next Netflix. Not economically possible if you are not charging a service fee. Even netflix manages to do this but is not easy. Their network had to be engineered over years, just to support the streaming part, let alone producing the content. I know, I am about to get a Netflix appliance in my network to save streaming costs and I usually talk Netflix engineers at network conferences.

Reaching a household in this fashion, not only will mean a huge infrastructure investment but also means you have to push the viewer to want it so bad they are willing, not just to buy a device, but also learn how to use it. Not everyone is up to speed with technology, especially in JW land and not everyone around the world can get the tech or cheap internet to watch it.

If they manage to put it on the air, chances are the audience will probably increase almost immediately. I know my mother in law would probably turn that channel on all day long. Good thing I don't have cable. Besides this, DirectTV and Dish have other programs for selling. As an internet provider, if you want to offer triple play service (Data, voice and video) but your network can not support the video portion (IPTV), DirectTV and I believe DISH too, offer a partnership program. You do the sales and billing, they do the support and you collect a portion of the revenue. Sounds like something the WT would want? I know my employer is considering getting into that program. Not difficult at all. Imagine the next letter to the congregations? Buy DirectTV at a discount, get JW live! What a blessing from Jehovah! you can help the world wide work while watching your favorite TV shows !!

And if the channel is on DTV... are you not able to stream it to any of your devices? Not sure because I do not have their service. I cut the cord a long time ago. But if so, what better way to off load your network than to have DTV do it for you?

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Brother Jackson is no longer one of Jehovah's Witness
  • jw07
    jw07
    At 10:06 he says that the stages were able to hold 200 lbs more than they were made for. That's not Jehovah's hand, that's physics and Watchtower violating the registered weight rating! If they don't have enough sense to reinforce them then they will collapse very soon.
  • jw_potato
    jw_potato

Just a note: this talk was in Canada. Something like DTV sounds somewhat plausible, but is that America-exclusive? I don't know if he would have been saying that much if it isn't available in Canada.

And, yes, I'm the recorder/uploader of the video.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes
    We are pleased to announce that you no longer need to have hard copies of the public Watchtower and Awake because we will cover every page on our JW Broadcasting. Our loving God has seen fit that we just need to leave tracts at the door because people are so busy that they would read these over more lengthy magazines. It is recommended that you just leave the tracts in the door and don't talk to anyone. The end is near and if we talk to the householder they may refuse the tract. Please keep track of all tract placements when turning in your service report. The heading on these reports will be changed to eliminate the mag column to be replaced by tracts. To make sure that everyone has access to the online study watchtower, Apple has agreed to offer us a special discount of 30% for their iPads and the congregations will buy and rent iPads to all who can not afford to buy one. We can see Jehovah's hand in this as his war chariot races to the impending, right around the corner, don't buy any green bananas, GT.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    DirectTV is available in many countries, sometimes under different brands. Even then, the distribution network and the satellite feeds are not always part of the same company. Canada may turn a bit more difficult because of location. TV sats are geostationary, which means they fly over the equator line. The further you go north or south, the weaker the signal gets, to the point where service becomes increasingly difficult. Other than that, there is not much of a geographical limitation or border that can dictate wether the service is accessible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit