VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Wingcommander...you might look into Sealift Command. It's the civilian mariner side of the Navy. They operate the tankers, cargo & hospital ships...like the USNS Comfort. You might be able to get AS (Able Seaman) qualified if you're near a coastal city with a maritime school. They'd probably be more willing to waiver your condition, as compared to the Navy. Again, you'd be a civilian, serving aboard a Navy vessel. You'd have a uniform of some sort...but not exactly that of the regular Navy. You'd go to all the same ports of call, probably undergo Tattoo crossing the equator. Get sh!tfaced in places like Bahrain, and you'd probably 'qualify' for the anchor tatoo on ur forearm.

Maybe you've tried this already...but, alot if guys don't even know about it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Any religion that teaches, even to their children: All the world is evil. World destruction is 'needed' for happiness. They don't need to kill anyone, but they have a "hit-man" (Jehovah) to take care of that. They will see the birds eating the flesh of millions/billions. They will be spending likely years, burying everyone's bones, but then they will find happiness. ???

This is a setup for some very disturbed people. Compound that with some living with critical racial issues now. Compound that with "gay" inclinations, when taught they are "evil" for that. Taught that if they aren't happy with their life and act out otherwise, then the most loving, good people, including their mom, will cut them off cold.

How the brain works through all that is very complicated. Children's brain cells fed that crap can be very critical.

Most can work through that positively, but ones need support, and need to start reading and living positive things. Identifying falsehood, learn to sort through negative thoughts. Some won't be able.

p.s. Be assured, this is not an excuse to kill innocents. I believe in the death penalty in such cases. Some then kill themselves in their misery and I wish they would do that themselves before any others.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Have you ever met a bipolar or schizophrenic person? - why yes, my deceased mother was bipolar ('manic depressive' it was called back then). She had to take lithium to prevent her from going 'high'. At no time was my mother a threat to anyone - even when she refused to take her lithium. She wouldn't have hurt a fly.

Next ...

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    Then if you have been that close to someone bipolar, you should be familiar with the symptoms and the constant rambling subject changes and paranoia, and wouldn't be asking those types of questions, right?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Then if you have been that close to someone bipolar - yes, I was. I love my mum more than anyone else in the world.

you should be familiar with the symptoms and the constant rambling subject changes and paranoia - I have some familiarity, yes. I lived with my mum for the first 18 years of my life. She refused to take lithium three times, and subsequently went 'high' and was hospitalised, on three occasions. At no time was she violent, said 'violent things', or gave any other indication towards violence. The worst thing she ever did was cheat on my dad one time with another inpatient.

wouldn't be asking those types of questions - f**k off! I will not be lectured over the internet by arrogant pr1cks. I can ask any damn question I like. Geddit?!

What concerns me is that it's only one step from blaming crimes on mental illness to blaming 'the authorities' or 'the white power structure', or similar, and regarding the perpetrator as the victim.

Here's my qualifications: although I have no formal qualifications on mental illness, I have lived with someone afflicted with bipolar disorder (my mum) for the first 18 years of my life.

From 2009 to 2011 - I received a National Diploma in Animal Management at [redacted] College, grade: distinction; merit; merit.

From 2012 to 2015 - I received a BSc (Hons) in Animal Biology at [redacted] University, grade: First Class.

Now who the f**k are you?!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    After reading Flanagan's story, for some reason he made me think of someone who used to post here, not saying that the poster has murdered or ever alluded to such things hear but, I couldn't help but think of Miz or George or whatever you want to call him, he used several different names here. I'm just honestly sayin' that\'s who this Flanagan guy made me think of.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@ShirleyW - if it's the person I think you're referring to, he was known as 'confusedandalone' when I first joined.

Are we on the same page?

If that's the case, despite any similarities there may have been between the two, I find it difficult to believe that our former poster is capable of the retarded thuggery that Flanagan committed. I could be wrong ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    I've been told that confusedandalone is apparently a decent person who loves their family, and wouldn't be capable of doing what Vester Flanagan did ...
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

LoveUniHatesExams - I didn't say in my post above that I think he would do something like that, it's just Flanagan's mixed up life that reminded me of him. When Miz was on here he was all over the place with hating the Dubs then thinking about going back plus other stuff, Like I said for some odd reason he just flew into my mind while reading the story of Flanagan

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@ShirleyW - I know you didn't.

it's just Flanagan's mixed up life that reminded me of him - yeah, maybe there are some similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit