VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Sorry... "cowards", thats more politically correct no?

To say America is too scary of a place to be in, is pretty extreme, whoever from where ever is saying such a general paranoid thing.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

WT indoctrination does not inspire JW or anyone to kill. I also do not believe that the recent killings on the news by people lashing out are motivated by wanting infamy as those in the past such as the killing of JL or JFK. Today, the motive is simple, people are angry and they want payback. Although religion is used to inspire terrorism, the reason behind terrorism is hate of the US and similar countries.

People that are thriving have to reason to lash out except to maintain their position.

"Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

... and dinky little countries like the UK? Have you been to the UK and were disappointed it was small?

Re my previous posts about living in America I basically just stated that I'm not prepared to take that risk - my life, well-being & health are far more important to me.

I also called America 'a great country', and agreed with you when you said that it is generally peaceful, if you were paying any attention.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

LoveUniHateExams

So come over here, lets hang out, I 99% promise you won't be killed by a lunatic.

I think you guys got me all wrong, I love to make fun of Americans too. But there is the funny part and the reality.

I miss Top Gear UK like you wouldn't believe

I used to crack up at their jabs at the U.S. where other people took it so personal. In fact the road trip across the south I thought was hysterical. Especially how they would keep making references to murder, "the car was most likely owned by a murderer" Or "how many people were murdered in it". To me its hyperbole. Mocking american issues, but also making satire of it as an extreme.

Again I think america has sone good and bad qualities, but why must it be the bane of the worlds existence? every place does. We love everyone! (except the french )

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@FMF - as I said before, perhaps I should be more open-minded. I don't particularly like cities but I love the countryside and the beach. America's got vast areas of diverse, beautiful wilderness ... I'd love to visit Yellowstone National Park. I'd like to see pine woodland in the Deep South (I find it interesting that there is evergreen vegetation at that latitude).

I miss Top Gear UK like you wouldn't believe - yeah, I miss that program, too. Clarkson should never have been sacked ... I'm sure it could have been sorted out with an apology and a handshake.

why must it be the bane of the worlds existence? - I agree with you 100% here. America generally has a high standard of living, gives poor people the opportunity to better themselves, has excellent universities (Harvard, MIT & some others are ranked better than Oxbridge), has freedom of thought, belief and religion and still some people act like America is to blame for everything! That p1sses me off.

We love everyone! (except the french ) - yes, I'm not so keen on the French, too much garlic, infidelity and female armpit hair. Give me a flaxen-haired Scandinavian girl or curvy black girl any day of the week

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Sorry strat. Didn't mean to provoke you to the point of such anger. I apologize. Sincerely. Not joking.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Foster's...Australian for beer.

Cheers!

• Simon
    Simon
    Several ugly & insulting comments have been removed: please keep on-topic and respectful.
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    privately calling someone a Homo makes you feel manly...well...that is too bad.

Yeah it is too bad, since I have no firsthand experience. We just had sheep back on the farm, so what the f%ck do I know.

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Oh sh!t, I'm gonna get banned for life now. Time for another Fosters.

Sorry, Simon. 😬

Sorry strat. Didn't mean to provoke you to the point of such anger. I apologize. Sincerely. Not joking.

No worries. I'm on my third Fosters & just lit up a corn-cob pipe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit