VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well the media is biased in all directions. Im not a right wing nutjob, Im not a gun "nut".

I'm a pretty normal person who happens to own a firearm. Knows how to keep it safe from other people. Knows how to use it safely.

Guns have existed in America for a long time, MASS SHOOTINGS (that I promise you the disgusting media drools over) are relatively new. Since the Mid 80's they really took off. then with columbine that ushered in a new era in the America mass shooting age. Broadcast murder. Watch it live! America didn't discover the gun in the 80's, something changed no? what changed in the 80's?

Firearm death decrease

Firearm ownership increases

Mass shootings increases

The spectacle of the mass shooting is what is driving them. Not the guns

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I showed, that OF COURSE the far right is reporting this based on racism, while the same people reported on Dylan Root, who purposely targeted a black church and visited and aligned with racist imagery and sites, focusing on mental illness

And the left does the exact opposite - showing the Dylan Roof racist shooting as just that, racist, but downplaying or even omitting the racist motives of Vester Flanagan because he himself is black.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/22/dylann-roof-charleston-shooting-product-system-racist-hatred-centuries

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/virginia-gunman-vester-flanagan-wdbj-2012-memos-medical-help

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I advise not listening to the biased media. As i said it all has an agenda.

The american media would also convince you with the bombing in Mass that americans here are getting slaughtered by islamic terrorists. While that is not a fact. Tons more americans are killed by home grown terrorists,

The media is another high control manipulation factory.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Seriously, they were hero's. It shows what training can accomplish. If there were 10 amateurs with handguns I suspect there would be 20 dead people instead.

Though that last sentence was hyperbole, I do agree that training is important.

I train, along with many other gun zombies, at the local range.

I am also of the opinion, that in order to own a gun, you shouldn't necessarily have to be licensed, but at least have a certification that you've been through some type of approved training course on safety and etiquette.

For example: in many states, Texas included, in order to get a hunting license, you must have been through an approved hunter safety course. Why the hell can't we have the same thing for gun ownership? It's not a license, it's just a certification that you've been through the course and passed it.

However, in no way does my having that stance jive with supporting an outright ban.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I advise not listening to the biased media. As i said it all has an agenda

Agreed. I don't place too much store in the media.

But as I believe that the hypocrisy of both the right and the left needs to be highlighted, and that someone like Billyblobber is unlikely to highlight left-wing hypocrisy, I had to chip in with my comment.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

He became a self fulfilling prophesy, like so many others: Leave the org and become just another tool of Satan.

What a different outcome if he only remained a JW and put into practice what the Bible teaches us all about love and morality.

All of a sudden, wasting time preaching door to door, giving Bible studies, attending meetings or other JW activities seem like a better alternative than what this nut job did.

Although he may have been raised a JW, he did not remain a JW because he was not their kind, as his actions now clearly show it.

SL

• clarity
    clarity

Just like to say that of course people from many religions commit evil etc like this, but the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses without a doubt say that they have the ONLY TRUE beliefs in the whole world, only ones with gods spirit actively guiding & blessing them.........gods only happy people. Now if you have that kind of GOD righteously directing this Noah's Ark.... this shit should not happen..........

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't think there is any getting around the fact that every mass public shooting is done by a person with a serious mental issue. Their mental framework is distorted.

We also have to understand that there really isn't any control on guns in the USA. Go online find a site that brings sellers and customers together to work out a purchase and delivery method privately. Start with Facebook

http://venturebeat.com/2014/02/26/exclusive-buying-a-gun-on-facebook-takes-15-minutes/

armslist.com is an active site whose sole purpose is to arrange a hook up for the buyer and seller who set up a meet privately. Here is their disclaimer:

"Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. ARMSLIST does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our privacy policy and terms of use for more information. Report Illegal Firearms Activity to 1-800-ATF-GUNS.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/want-buy-gun-without-background-check-armlist-can-help

The real numbers aren't known because the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives does not track how many guns are sold online or how many of them are used in crimes. But gun control advocates suspect the market is large. Jon Lowy, director of the legal action project of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, says, "The last figure we have is 40 percent of gun sales take place without a background check. That figure is probably low, because it dates from before the advent of the thriving internet market. Today the internet provides a mechanism to facilitate countless private sales without a background check, no questions asked."

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    The reason there hasn't been another 9/11 style hijacking, is because the US Government has ARMED US Federal Air Marshals on a good majority of the high-risk flights!!!!!!! Air Marshals carrying Sig Sauer pistols!!!

Wing Commander, you speak as if Air Marshals are on most flights. I can't get into numbers, but I can assure you, that's not the case. I think I can speak with some authority on this, as I've been flying, as First Officer & Captain, for passenger & cargo airlines for over 20 years. It's statistically more likely to be alert passengers & F/As who are first on the scene if an incident breaks out in the cabin. Recent incidents have proved this. My own experience has seen this.

Yes, some of us pilots are FFDO certified, yet that's really only relevant to a flight-deck breach.

Yes, the Air Marshal system is a great deterrant, but they need more staff. (Maybe you can apply, Wing Commander). I'll say it again...the previous SOP, pre 9-11, was to comply, comply, comply. Those days are over. Just ask the shoe bomber, underwear bomber, and the many others who have started fights, gotten drunk, forgot their meds, or just overall went berserk and totally apesh!t on many, many domestic & international flights. Then ask the passengers who took action if they'd do it all again. You'd get a resounding, " hell yes!"

And by the way. Air Marshals have some of the highest weapon qualification, and discipline standards of any law enforcement branch. In speaking with many of them, the last thing they want to see are a bunch of poorly trained, un-disciplined Rambo wannabees walking into Chipotle Grill, Walmart, or Target, with ARs slung over their shoulders.

It's also funny how Ronald Reagan, the great bastion of American conservatism, so fawned over by those who claim to be conservative, was himself, IN FAVOR OF AN ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN, along with the Brady Bill. Wow! What a hippie, pinko, commie, liberal that Reagan would be if he were around today!! Smh 😏

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

And the left does the exact opposite - showing the Dylan Roof racist shooting as just that, racist, but downplaying or even omitting the racist motives of Vester Flanagan because he himself is black.

What are those "racist motives" exactly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit