What Are Some Of The STUPIDEST Comments Made?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

Gee.. hard to narrow them down...

A CO telling my mother " This isn't Disneyland" when she was talking to him about a problem that he could have handled had he been so inclined.

My father, trying to explain the "present truth" theory to me " If you beleive that something is true based on all the facts that you are given, and you later find out that it is incorrect, you are not wrong for beleiving it. It was based on information that was valid at the time. You are only wrong if you refuse to change to the new understanding." I told him that was a crock.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Mistakes may have been made but it is still Jehovah's organisation."

The safest place is in the middle . (How many elders have used this illogical expression in their talks to encourage regularity and loyalty?)

Jehovah's loving organisation.

Tobacco smoking is the same as spiritism.

• david_10
    david_10

"This organization does not need YOU................YOU need this organization!"

• minimus
    minimus

"Tobacco smoking is the same as spiritism". Now that IS a CLASSIC. I remember telling smokers that everytime they lit up, they approached the demons. After all, it was PHARMAKIA, which is the Greek word for druggery or pharmacy.Everyone that wouldn't or couldn't stop the habit within 6 months was disfellowshipped for "practice of spiritism".

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

When my wife became emotionally involved with a MS. The elders blamed me because I was not having a family study. Exact words...Maybe if you were having a regular family study this would not have happened...Maybe if I put my foot in that MS ASS this would not happen again.

Diamond

• Soledad
    Soledad

I just remembered another one:

"I bet you there aren't even 10 years leftbefore Armageddon arrives!"

an elder from my former congregation said that to me in 1992. should I have taken him up on that bet? [8>]

Edited by - Soledad on 30 December 2002 13:18:10

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Those who rest there eyes on material things are the ones that goe to college..... they will be judged. - My PO telling me not to go to college and continue pioneering.

• Mac
    Mac

Venny,

Sounds like you had Jesse Jackson for a CO!

mac, of the if your mind can conceive it, you can achieve it class

• Simon
    Simon

I remember being told that I woudl never go to high school in 'this system' ... that was about 25 years ago and now I have two little-un's of my own starting out in their schooling.

• Happy
    Happy

" Why not believe in Jehovah? At least if he does exist you'll be saved. It's just safer."

HAHA! ridiculous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit