What Are Some Of The STUPIDEST Comments Made?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day mino, one of your finer questions.

If X elder counts, it comes from Jim Wittney, something like
    ' the jehovah of the watchtower is lower than beelzebubs excrement'

amazing coming from amazing !

Not due to its offensive content, but to display such lack of respect for ANYONES model of a supreme deity, especially considering he is such a bright and astute man, whom we all admire, that bitter hatred just shocked me deep ! I couldnt see its neccessity really, even given the scope of his introspection.

If it was directed toward the members of the borg, it could have been discounted as a mans opinion, based on his individual sagacity with the system, but to a god he obviously hasnt come to comprehend ??

Shame jim ol' boy, 'twould be advantageous IMO to move on and learn from your experiences, and help others appreciate your important and valid insight without the distraction of your (hopefully) transient animosity.

• rebel
    rebel

Bathory,

If we are to see God as a loving, forgiving, compassionate being, the God of the WT is not a person I want to know. I am sure so many people agree with that. A God that is forever looking for faults, forever keeping a tally of hours, forever watching who is absent from meetings etc - I'm sorry - but I don't want to know. I have many issues going on in my life - God understands them - he doesn't judge me or find fault with me which is what everyone in my KH does. How is being hateful, spiteful and vindictive showing Jehovah's spirit?

Just my view.

xxR

• freedom96
    freedom96

If you are hurting financially, having marriage troubles, having doubts, kids are in trouble, you are in trouble, no matter what is the problem, it can be fixed by going to more meetings, and going out in service more.

Just bury your head in the WTS and everything will work out ok. BULL****!!!

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day rebel, thank you for your thoughtfull reply.

You say " If we are to see God as a loving, forgiving, compassionate being, the God of the WT is not a person I want to know."

Ok, my point regarding this issue and jim's comment, is that as you have mistaken already ( by an association fallacy ), the is a presumably 'TRUE' God, and then there is the WT interpretation of him.

Unless anyone is athiest, we believe a 'True' God does exist, and takes whatever form we believe in, beit loving / forgiving or evil / vindictive etc. The WT presume this 'True' god to be the way they do, which most if not all of us disagree with ( incl myself ).

Now i imply that why should good people like Jim ( and yourself, viz: your above comment ) implicate the 'true' god jehovah with the Wt model of him?

Regarding Jim's opinion, it would mean to me that within the duration of his association within the WT, he has failed to evaluate his own concept of the diety he presumes to worship.

Now that is no ones fault but his own.

And by doing this, he ( and most here that lend themselves to similar dispositions )has regrettably denied himself of the true grace of jehovah, a real charm that one can only feel when one searchs and is receptive to his energy.

Forget knowledge, i am refering to the natural spirit that is avaliable for those that are willing to tap into it. Therein lies any necessary knowledge one may require.

It is harmonious with ones congenital makeup. It is the only thing that is ' true ' in this world.

It disregards reason as much as it supersedes it with enlightenment that is undisputed, which then can mature into many other enchatments.

Also you say " A God that is forever looking for faults, forever keeping a tally of hours, forever watching who is absent from meetings etc - I'm sorry - but I don't want to know. I have many issues going on in my life - God understands them - he doesn't judge me or find fault with me which is what everyone in my KH does. How is being hateful, spiteful and vindictive showing Jehovah's spirit?"

I dont personally know of this god, as you explain him above, short of saying that i know that most in the borg do know him as such. Bloody shame really considering that these ones pride themselves on their knowledge of him, but fall infinitely short in their personal investigation and discovery. For such ones detect only a human myth.

Funny though how you say that " god understands your issues ".

Whom is your god that understands you, if it is not the WT god that you implicate in your discontent ?

• rebel
    rebel

Bathory,

I have a bad bout of flu at the moment and my mind is really fuzzy - but I really want to know more about the God you believe in.

You see, I am not presumptuous enough to think I have all the answers. In fact, I am searching for answers. I have this dreadful need to know - I call it dreadful because it is. I lost my fourth child and I need to know where or what she is. I know this may sound really horrible to those that have a sound belief - but I was RC then JW and now I know nothing. Please forgive me. Wanting to know Claire is safe and happy is the be-all-and-end-all at the moment!!!

xxR

• Beans
  • Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I'm listening to the comments of Freddy while I type this, so I'm changing my answer. Is that OK? Freddy just reminded me of a comment I heard back in the early 80s when "1914" was being pushed down our throats a lot more often. (That was the food at the proper time, back when we were a lot closer to the end.)

The comment was one of those secondary, follow-up comments by an elder who likes to show that he thinks just a little deeper - so he expands and clarifies answers already given. A brother had just answered a question about the fact that 2,520 years from 607 BCE brings us to 1914. So Brother Elder adds:

"Not only that, but if you start out in 1914 and count back 2520 years, it takes you right back to 607 BCE! -- so it's proven double. It's without a doubt!"

Gamaliel

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

we had an elder that when I went to him about the mental and physical abuse by my in-laws always said I was "digging up the dead cat" I could have slapped him upside his head, no matter what the issue it was MY FAULT for bringing it up LOL

Also that anything doing with ANYTHING they don't agree with is either of Satan of apostate LOL

• minimus
    minimus

Beans, get rid of Freddy Franz now! He sucked then and he sucks more now. Tell that false prophet to shut his word- whiskering mouth! I'd rather her senile Uncle Milty (Henschel).

• LB
    LB

By our PO several years ago

Sisters that wear boots under their dresses are lesbians, or want to behave like lesbians.

My wife must be lesbian, it couldn't be because we live in the mud all winter and wearing heels just wouldn't have worked for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit