What Are Some Of The STUPIDEST Comments Made?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What are some of the stupidest comments made in the Watchtower, or by a Circuit Overseer or Elder that you've never forgotten? The one about" the rapist being human" too, ranks right up there....Like we're supposed to feel bad for him?

• neyank
    neyank

How about:

Even if this isn't 100% true, it's till the best way to live.

neyank

• Gopher
    Gopher

"You're not a Witness, unless you witness."

Gopher (of the tired-of-hearing-exuberant-exhortations klass)

• LB
    LB

Lots of dumb comments by elders and such, but the dumbest thing I ever said was

Yes I want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I heard this one and I laugh still

"Sometimes when we have doubts, we still have to remind ourselves to have faith"

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Birds of Prey are increasing, Armageddon must be near! (1965)

Outaservice (who's more worried about JW Elder 'Jail Birds'!)

• Scully
    Scully

Hi minimus:

That comment in the WT article about having respect for a rapist because he's human just baffles me.

The woman is supposed to be fighting for her life and virtue, yet she's supposed to RESPECT him?? I guess they don't want her fighting dirty, do they?? Like a swift kick to the groin to incapacitate him...... NOOOOOOO that would be DISRESPECTFUL!! Because of the scripture that says

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 23:1 *** 23 No man castrated by crushing the testicles or having his male member cut off may come into the congregation of Jehovah.

We can't do that to someone and make them unacceptable to Jehovah, can we??

Actually, it reminds me of many elders I've known...... NO BALLS.

Love, Scully

• Angharad
    Angharad

In the UK we have a yearly event called Comic Relief, to raise money for third world countries. This particular year they had raised something like 13 Million pounds. The week after during the public talk the elder mentioned comic relief and said obviously this 13 million isnt going to help these people one bit what they need is the truth.

I really felt like standing up and shouting No what they need is money to feed and clothe their kids not a bloody watchtower.

• Banshee
    Banshee

"Most modern rock music has a beat that is designed to excite libido which is why it is considered debasing music." --Heard from elder during a talk

---Banshee

• whyhideit
    whyhideit
    what they need is the truth

Maybe the Witnesses could teach them to eat their Bibles and make clothing out of the pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit