What Are Some Of The STUPIDEST Comments Made?

by minimus 80 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

On the two posts on this thread by Soledad:

1. I'm still trying to figure out what your mom was trying to say.

2. Hey, that elder's prediction still has about 33 hours of life left in it - so don't count him out just yet!

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Our congregation was once "privileged" to have one of the higher-ups from the Toronto Bethel come to visit us. He gave a special little talk at the end of the service meeting one Thursday night. I think that it was meant to be encouraging or something. Anyway, he proceeded to spew out what I thought at the time was one of the stupidest things that I had ever heard from the platform when he announced with such pride that "we have the cream of the crop at Bethel". How could anyone with a modicum of functioning brain cells look around at a full KH and tell them so directly that they were the less-thans? Of course, to complain about what this idiot said was tantamount to grumbling against one of the holy ones of Jah, (especially if you happen to be female). <gag>

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The stupidest comment?..I have heard it from many dubs including my parents..The all time no brainer:"Why would any one want to think for themselves,when the society(WBTS) can do it for them"..What a bunch of dumb-ass`s,LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Soledad
    Soledad

lol @ rocketman

I still dont know what my mom meant either--but it had something to do with people leading double lives--she used to say that to me when I was about 16-17 and I acted "worldy"

you think that elder's prediction still has some life in it? should I call him up?

• troucul
    troucul

Here are some gems:

"What is peach schnapps?"

"Why would you want more than one beer?"

and in response to the pedophilia question--"You know, there is a certain percentage of the population that does these things, there are going to be pedophiles, people are going to beat their wives, do drugs, have sex, and the same percentage is going to exist among Jehovah's organization. It's up to you to decide which side you want to be on."

An elder after being approached by someone who had serious personal problems: "Hey, do you like to go fishing?"

"It's no skin off my back."-An elder asking me when to set up a judicial hearing.

"Do you have a problem with masturbation?".(numerous times by the same elder, not only to me, but to all young men)

There are more, when I think of them I'll let you guys know...

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

When I was holidaying in Florida a few years ago with my elder husband and kids, we went to the Sunday meeting much to my horror and my girls but hey ho we done like we were told as usual. Well, anyway after the meeting a very nice couple invited us back to there home for some food and a few others were invited as well. An elders wife asked how us brits dealt with brothers who had beards, it seemed a real big thing to her. I said that it wasn't really an issue for us and that several of our friends and a couple of MS's in our cong. had beards, she nearly choked on her coffee and promptly said in defence of the US stand on not using men with beards -

"If its good enough for Mickey then its good enough for Jehovah!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

An elder once told me that resurrected ones would not marry or have children. It was to be their job to raise all the aborted fetuses and resurrected children.

• mindfield
    mindfield

Reason given to me by an elder why he didn't like the "Simpsons" : "The action goes by too quickly." 
    WTF?
    One of the stupidest comments was actually the lact of one. A CO was coming over for dinner, a 
    huge meal that my mom and sister took hours to prepare the evening before, and guess what... even 
    after all the entrees, the main meal, and the dessert, he said absolutely NOTHING about the meal. 
    Absolutely... nothing. Aaaaaargh. Can't you just feel the love?
  • Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

A public talk bit of wisdom:

Masturbation causes a person to grow up without the ability to be serious. When you see a person that is always laughing and joking around, that is the result of masturbation.

An assembly talk bit of wisdom:

Satan's influence can be seen on the young people in the circuit because some have been involved in motorcycle accidents.

Stan

• minimus
    minimus

Stan, you got minimus laughing hysterically....do you wanna hear some good jokes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit