Last Post - My Most Painful Public Confession

by Amazing 131 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

((((((((((Amazing)))))))))))

Thank you for all that you are.

I will never forget your correspondence with me when I was initially starting to fade and needed help and guidance. It's strange... we hardly know each other, yet you have been like a father figure to me on this board.

My thoughts are with you for all that you will have to continue to endure and the new challenges in your life, health wise and otherwise. This too shall pass...

You are thought of and cared about (((((((((Jim))))))))))

Lots of Love,

Star

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Jim,

You were kind of like a big brother here who always kept composure and offered a lot of good info. for all of us. Thanks for sharing such a private matterbwith us also.....that must have been a little hard to write.

Loves ya bro,

Gumby

• pandora
    pandora

Jim -

You will be missed, as I'm sure you know. I'm a little late in seeing this, but I had to tell you that I have looked forward to your posts and will miss reading them.

I hope you are able to overcome your heart disease and live a happy and healthy life. Please come back a long time from now and update us on your wonderful progress. I know you will do well.

((((((Jim))))))

All thoughts are with you. Good luck in the future.

-P(J)

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

WOW, 3, 298 post views since the 29th, either people know and love Amazing by name or someone has this post linked.

Either way, I hope Amazing's influence has been a very positive one on everyone's lives.

Amazing, you are truely amazing.

Yizuman

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Jim,

Please take care. Your health should be your first priority.

I will miss you tremendously.

Andee

• Derrick
    Derrick

No words can express how I feel after reading your post. All I can say is this from my heart of hearts, Jim:

May the God to whom Jesus prayed, Yahweh, comfort you in this life and the next -- not the "Jehovah God" persona created in the lonely hearts of those who never understood the true God of love, those who are loyal to the Watchtower's organization, those who spend their lives in Kingdom Halls like cloistered nuns and monks worshipping a surrogate god who is nothing more than a concept of a generation that has almost passed away.

Of all those who I have known on the forums throughout the years, you truly stand out in my mind and heart as someone who is deserving of peace, spiritual fullness, good health and a good life. I watched you grow and I began to understand that you lost faith in the Watchtower, a manmade organization, not in Jesus and his Dad.

Remember Jim, the end is better than the beginning! So said the ancient proverb. Try not to fret about the past, don't look back, and continue the forward momentum you have worked so hard to achieve.

Warm regards,
    Derrick

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Amazing,

Don't arrogantly discount God, he just may care about you, and he likely have invented evolution ... and he may have your eternal happiness at heart ... besides we have to admit Jesus Christ is cool.

Agree - like the song says, "give faith a fighting chance." And "may" covers a lot of territory & freedom of thought.

Life is painful enough, so why kick one another in the ass all the time? Why not love and care for one another? Regardless of our individual beliefs, at the end of the day what we made of today and how we treat one another is what really makes up the stuff of life .. like a bank account ... what we make of life either says we are bankrupt or adds up to a ""big positive"" that says we are all millionaires in our hearts.

Amen. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner....but seven pages before me shows the high esteem that you have earned, and that people just like you "just cause." What a full bank account on the Big Positive Side!

Please take care & come back and visit with us? I've copied your address - and hope you have peace.

waiting

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Jim,

I'm sorry I didn't read this thread earlier. I hope your operation goes well and your recooperation is uneventful.

You are a very wise man. Of course you weren't born that way, but your life experiences sure have made you that way and thank you for sharing yourself with us.

((((((((((((((Amazing))))))))))))))

j2bf

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I just now came across this 'farewell' post...don't know why, guess it was just the holidays. In any event, I'm bummed that you will be of the site for awhile as I really enjoyed your posts. When I first came here to try and figure out by JW friend, your 'life' series of posts greatly attributed to my understanding of just what's going on in my friend's head. Thanks for all your insight.

I hope all goes well with you, as it should... modern medicine is truly a 'miracle'..... my thoughts and prayers are with you Amazing.

We'll miss you - take care and come back soon.

Double Edge

Edited by - Double Edge on 9 January 2003 12:24:30

• minimus
    minimus

Anybody know how Amazing is??? I miss him! If you're reading this, Jim, remember, we are looking forward to your coming back!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit