Silent Lambs/Bill Bowen..Who rejoices now?

by wasasister 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

thewiz,

Typical Bethel attitude toward women in the WT Org.

Edited by - ARoarer on 20 December 2002 16:59:50

Edited by - ARoarer on 20 December 2002 17:5:13

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hawk,

If you can't see that accomplishment then you are being sucked into this micro mess.

In comparison to the Catholic Church the JW religion is puny, in comparison to what the Catholic abuse victims and their advocates have been able to accomplish the accomplishments of their JW counterparts can also be considered puny.

I grew up in a puny religion that pushed their great "accomplishments" down my throat every chance they got. I finally came to see that not only were they puny but that I as an individual was not! I have my rights and responsiblities, my dignity, my views and feelings and the privilege to express them. (Thank you U.S. Constitution! Thank you Simon!)

In this "micro mess", as you call it, are individuals who have been publicly dishonored. Again and again it is Bill Bowen who publicly throws maligning trash at people. He seems to think of himself as a knight in shining armor who in defense of the abused is willing to publicly abuse others with no regard for fairness or truth. If he speaks this way in public I hate to think what he is telling people in private.

Seeing the "big picture" is all well and good but to regard the hurt caused here in this "little" place as irrelevant because it is a little place, is not good, it's not right.

IW

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Oh boy here we go again!

• COMF
    COMF

HI, wasa. I had increasingly stronger misgivings in proportion to the switching focus from cause to personality. My abandoning of hope immediately followed the salvo on Ray Franz, and I have neither followed nor spoken on the matter since, knowing it to be doomed due to ego.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Man this sounds just like the gossip in a Kingdom Hall.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Nah TH, gossip would be like some people sending emails out to other, select people. On the contrary people are posting their thoughts in an open, public forum where we can either agree or disagree and respond if we wish. It's not gossip, its open discussion. There is a difference.

• Mulan
    Mulan

You are so right, Charlie. Always was one of my problems. It's very hard for me to be silent on these subjects. I keep failing.................boo hoo boo hoo.

• Prisca
    Prisca

If anyone's been "gossiping", it's surely been BIll Bowen. The guy doesn't know how to stop shooting his mouth off before putting his brain into gear.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hawkaw,

the main action (legal with a little more media) goes forth to the horrior of the WTS brass. If the WTS is looking at this tiny little board and thinks for one second they are free and clear .... too late ... the lawyers are coming and legal process can't be stopped by little infighting on tiny boards like this..

I agree. I often fear we would be giving the WT cause to discredit the issues here, but in court is where they have to prove their case and they will have plenty of experience trying now that the survivors and attorneys have taken notice.

I hope Bill will continue doing what he does well, keeping the issues before the public. Meanwhile, since the public and legal attention is rolling I would like to see more focus on helping the victims of abuse get the help they should have had if it were not for the WT policies.

Is it time to those who care to look at what can be done in regard to healing and recovering? Other than damning the cause (which must continue to prevent further abuse) can we also focus on rebuilding lives, self esteem, dignity and personal spirituality?

It appears we have that very intent developing if we can move on from this, ignoring the negative and personal attacks, working together for the recovery of those who have been personally injured by abuse. RevMalik seems to be willing to forgive and forget while working with Silentlambs giving them whatever he has that can benefit them. If this is true, GREAT. Lets get on with the issue of helping the abuse survivors.

Jst2laws

HilaryS,

So good to see you drop in with your insight.

• Lin
    Lin

All of this is simply depressing me. Where did the focus on the victims go? Where is the focus on helping them? All this who-dunnit crap is making me sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit