Silent Lambs/Bill Bowen..Who rejoices now?

by wasasister 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Danny,

Unfortunately i am not familiar with your american cuisine, but tommy burgers sound yummy

:)

Undis.

Evil to me is a very harsh word, however stupid can be a lot more accurate.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

HS

In which case they have committed an alleged crime. I hope that they get their just deserts in a court of law and not on a public discussion forum where unsubstantiated accusations are inflammatory and dangerous.

Amen to that bro

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Outlaw,

My best to you too. How is the weather up there? Any bears knocking at the door looking for food?

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Undisfellowshipped,

The absolute proof I am speaking of, is the Elders-Only Letters, the Watchtower Publication Articles, The statements on the Watchtower's Official Website, and J.R. Brown's statements, which basically outline how the Elders have been instructed by Bethel to NOT turn pedophiles in to the Authorities, and also to Shun the Abuse Survivors if they choose to turn the molester in to the Authorities.

Yes, but understand UDF that the WTS has never lost a case yet, many of which have involved the very issues that you noted above. Much more is needed than what you deem absolute proof. They have successfully claimed ecclesiastical privilege over such issues in the past. Recent events however, such as the cases dealt with in the Catholic Church in Boston are beginning to establish legal precendent. Last year for example, the Mormon church was instructed to turn over its files in a case on the West Coast after itself claiming legal protection under the same privilege. It is such cases that brings the WTS closer to the courts, and it is such cases that lawyers such as Kimberely Norris watch carefully.

If Barbara, BB, SL, or any other person or group brings facts to court they will probably win the case, if they brings discussion board rhetoric and unsubstantiated accusations they will certainly lose.

When I posted above, I was talking about the GB covering up pedophiles -- I wasn't talking about the accusations that some of the GB are pedophiles.

Yes, I understand this UDF. You stated this:

However, there is most certainly absolute proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Governing Body has protected pedophiles and allowed them to continue to molest children.

Get me a paper trail and I will buy you the moon! When will they be arrested for this criminal act? Absolute proof should allow you, no, even demand, that you pick up your telephone this evening and call your local police precinct and make this accusation a legal reality. Why will you not do this? Well, because the hard evidence needed to bring this to Law is not as yet in place.

As I say, I have nothing new to add at this stage so I am going to blunder off into the rain for another sabbatical.

Best regards - HS

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

HS,

Thanks for your reply again

Yes, I definitely understand what you're saying.

No, unfortunately, I don't have the absolute proof.

Believe me, if I did have absolute proof that a Court of Law would accept, I would have turned it in to the Authorities and the Media the minute I had it.

I believe Barbara Anderson has quite a bit of it.

However, I, and several others, do have Watchtower Statements in which J.R. Brown and others have admitted that they have a database of all molestation accusations in the Country at Bethel, and that they HAVE NOT reported the names on the Database to the Authorities.

I know they will try to use their flimsy and wimpy excuse of "Ecclesial Privelege", just like the Catholics have done.

However, I'm pretty sure that among those accusations on the Database, that there are quite a few that were never reported to Authorities, even though they were in a Mandatory-Reporting State for Clergy (Panorama showed this to be true, at least in the U.K.)

I look forward to Barbara Anderson's Trial and the upcoming Television and News Articles.

Peace to you and Merry Christmas Hillary_Step!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 22 December 2002 1:49:23

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 22 December 2002 1:51:38

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

HS said:

Get me a paper trail and I will buy you the moon!

I don't have the paper trail for the Courts (that's where Barbara Anderson comes in), however, I am working on a very nice paper trail for the Media and the Public, which in my opinion would prove to the Media and Public that the Watchtower Leaders are absolutely conspiring to cover-up and protect molesters and punish abuse survivors.

I hope to be able to post it on this Forum soon.

It will be called "Jehovah's Witnesses PROTECT Pedophiles and PUNISH Victims".

It will include everything that I have found.

• JT
    JT
    However, I, and several others, do have Watchtower Statements in which J.R. Brown and others have admitted that they have a database of all molestation accusations in the Country at Bethel, and that they HAVE NOT reported the names on the Database to the Authorities.

i think this is one of the worst things that JR could have confirmed THAT THE FILES ARE IN BROOKLYN OF KNOWN- UNREPORTED CHILD MOLESTERS

not good

• Farkel
    Farkel

hawk,

: My own feeling is that Bill is being played like a fiddle by those who are taking advantage of the fact that he is still not far enough removed from the WTS to be firmly standing on his own emotionally territory, and that they may eventually damage SL far more fatally than the WTS might hope for.

Let's start and end with this part of that statement:

: My own feeling is that Bill is being played like a fiddle

Yep, but for reasons I think are different than the ones you might think they are. You know how to reach me.

Farkel

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

JT said:

i think this is one of the worst things that JR could have confirmed THAT THE FILES ARE IN BROOKLYN OF KNOWN- UNREPORTED CHILD MOLESTERS

not good

Yes, the Governing Body will be regretting that for a long time.

Also, on Panorama, basically Theodore Jaracz also confirmed the Database, when the Reporter asked him about it, he did NOT deny the Database, in fact, Jaracz even tried to make up an excuse about the reason why the Database is not given to Authorities.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

This could only work against the WT IF:

It is proven that some of the "unreported child molster" cases are in states where they are required by law to report such allegations.

Unlike the Catholic church I have never seen or heard where the WT purposely moved molesters from one congregation to anther in an effort to "cover up" such activity.

I personally believe that any supposed changes in WT policy have been a result of the crisis in the Catholic chruch and have much less to do with the work of Silent Lambs. I would suggest that ALL major religious organizations are following quite closely what is happening in the catholic church.

For all the alleged cover-ups (I only say alleged because I know of no case where it has been rules that the WT has- court case that is) I personally know of cases- one in OK in the 80's where a JW servant was turned over to athorities, convicted and expelled from the WT. In fact due to possible cover-up or misshandling of the situation the entire body of elders was required to step down. I only bring this up because clearly te WT will bring up all such similar cases to show that they do take a strong stand against pediphiles. One of the elders who was asked to step down was a close friend of my families.

Though we sit here and feel very confident that what we have heard is true and that all this is the start fo huge things in the WT world- remember that both side get to tell their story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit