Silent Lambs/Bill Bowen..Who rejoices now?

by wasasister 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Wasasister, don't be discouraged. I think what Hawk said is true. When I came forward over the issues of abuse covered up by WT, I never did so believing they would be good enough and change their arrogant attituted, and their 2 witness policies. I came foreword because I wanted to encourage others to do the same and break free from WT terrorism towards victims. I spoke out because the pedophiles in the organization thought they had the power to impose silence. I spoke out because I wanted WT to know they can't impose silence on vicitms of abuse. I spoke out for me and my family. The media attention, and Bill's support were an added blessing for his outspokeness. His effort and drive did what many of us were not able to do on our own, in that not only was WT put on notice by victims, but that victims were willing and able to inform the public through the media what WT wanted hidden. I feel that we have succeeded beyond what I ever dreamed of in the 80's. The public is no longer as ill informed about Jehovah's Witnesses. And Watchtower no loger is as able to impose silence among victims by telling them "they are the only ones". Yes there has been bickering and dissention between Bill and others, and I am sure the WT cult will try to explain it by saying they don't have Jehovah's backing. But that is rediculous and typical WT doublespeak. All newly forming groups, companies, organizations, families, marriages, and alliances ultimately go through periods of adjustments though trial and error. That is normal human nature. Silentlambs is no different. And mistakes and poor judgement will be made. But people learn, and perfect, and iron out the kinks. JW's with thier "we are the center of the universe" attitude will undoubtadly think the way they will think anytime there is a problem. And sometimes coming out of WT we tend to carry over the same belief that everyone is watching every little move we make. Well Hawk is right, outside this board no one knows or cares. I know this because when I stay away from here I lose touch with what is going on. And that is a good thing. I am living my life apart from WT, and everything that goes along with it. So don't worry so much. Take the bad with the good and look at all the good that came from all of this. But if you are sitting around believing more has to happen so WT changes it's policies, you will be waiting with all he JW's sitting around waiting for the New System. I son't believe a leopard can change it's spots. WT is just an arrogant, greedy, uncaring money making corporation totally detached from the needs of it's members.

Edited by - ARoarer on 20 December 2002 16:1:54

• JT
    JT
    The entire situation makes me ill. This is exactly what a Witness would have predicted at the beginning, using scripture to substantiate their reasoning.

"See what happens when people oppose Jehovah's Organization? They cannot have unity! If this cause was from Jehovah, it would not fail. See?? They fight amongst themselves! They seek prominence with men, not aid for victims."

well put

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

I am sure that Bill appreciates your loyalty very much, I certainly admire your desire to try to defuse what has become a larger issue that it should have. I am also well aware of the great work being achieved by those involved in protecting the future and bringing justice to the past of many JW children. This with all due respect is not the issue.

In order to understand the psyche of the average XJW you need to understand what is truly unnerving people here.

Our Governing Body abused us emotionally for years, dictating how we should dress, what we should converse about, what entertainment we should chose, even how we should smile when we met strangers in our 'preaching work'. We suffered this abuse, some like my own wife for four decades because we were told that they saw the 'bigger picture' and we did not. When we eventually came to realize that many agendas were at play and that our Governing Body were at best misguided and at worst a collection of cynical politicians who viewed our individual lives as fecal matter, it was a devastating blow to us.

Many of the pronouncements, and much of the behind the scenes political activity that has taken place within SL strikes a sinister note with many who see an alarming similiarity in attitude emanating from SL.

We must all learn as Nietzche once said that 'Those who fight monsters must not become monsters themselves'. I see no particular honor in abusing adults who have not seen the 'bigger picture' in order to further ones aims, whatever they might be. That is what we learned to do as Jehovah's Witnesses, and I for one can assure you that I will not regress that that type of thinking ever again. Remember Hawk, all many abused people need is an apology for the healing to begin. The power to heal the public rifts in SL valleys is firmly in Bills hands.

My own feeling is that Bill is being played like a fiddle by those who are taking advantage of the fact that he is still not far enough removed from the WTS to be firmly standing on his own emotionally territory, and that they may eventually damage SL far more fatally than the WTS might hope for.

Best regards Hawk - HS

• JT
    JT
    Kind of makes one wonder if people like Russell started off with good motives but then just became to full of themselves

i have often stated i think he did- you had a guy who loved the bible, i mean come on -what would the avg single man with $250,000 do- we are talking HOT CARS AND HOT BABES-

"COOCHIE' FOR DAYS

BUT instead this guy wants to write bible articles- that is about as straight laced as you can get- even if it was 1879

I think he started out well and missed the opportunity when it presented itself and instead stood by and watch a movement develope around him

when he first got word or heard rumors about some of his readers claiming he was the FDS he sould have presented a SPECIAL EDITION of the wt to address that very issue

stating clearly bro i ain't no fullfillment of some bible prophecy about the FDS, i'm just a fellow slave like you reading and researching the bible and publishing what i PERSONALLY FOUND

INSTEAD HE allowe his reader to say that GOD WAS DIRECTING HIM LIKE MOSES and he never stopped it, THERE IS NO ARTICLE ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE TO SHOW where he tried to Nipe it in the Bud-

and as a result he went from being merely a student of the word of god TO THE VERY MOUTHPC OF GOD ON EARTH

HOW SAD

AND that is something that can happen to anyone when folks start telling you how great you are after awhile you start to believe it

• Seven
    Seven

Hawk, Being the media maven that you are, do you know of any site that exists such as the one at http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=46 that has an "abuse tracker" concerning JW abuse? Something of an independent nature (not discussion boards) where articles only can be viewed on the subject daily? Thanks in advance for your reply if you know of any.

Btw, Happy Holidays! {{{Hawk and family}}}

Cheers,

Seven

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome back HS. Glad to have your input again.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Amen" to that, H.S.!

BTW we loved the song in yr last post!

Cheers, Ozzie

• borgfree
    borgfree
    "See what happens when people oppose Jehovah's Organization? They cannot have unity! If this cause was from Jehovah, it would not fail. See?? They fight amongst themselves! They seek prominence with men, not aid for victims."

That may be one of the problems. I do not think Bill has ever claimed to be doing what he does because of spiritual beliefs or even say that he is religious. I may be wrong, but, I have never heard him express any kind of Christian faith.

Borgfree

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

*Yawn* How many threads are going to be opened about this issue. Guess you peope have nothing better to talk about.

• thewiz
    thewiz

i just had a visit from my brother-in-law, an elder at bethel.

i mentioned to him about Barbara Anderson and her role at bethel, etc.

his response was predictable.

he simply said, "a sister would NEVER have the responsibility and position she claims to have had."

so with a simple sentence, consisting not even a dozen-and-a-half words he brushed it ALL aside.

making everything moot.

i said, "you know someone mentioned that that is what the society would do, even before they did it. it would be their way of not even having to address anything she has to say." and that is what they did hook-line-and-sinker. kinda' like putting hooks in their jaws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit