Silent Lambs/Bill Bowen..Who rejoices now?

by wasasister 87 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

TheWiz said:

i just had a visit from my brother-in-law, an elder at bethel.

i mentioned to him about Barbara Anderson and her role at bethel, etc.

his response was predictable.

he simply said, "a sister would NEVER have the responsibility and position she claims to have had."

so with a simple sentence, consisting not even a dozen-and-a-half words he brushed it ALL aside.

making everything moot.

i said, "you know someone mentioned that that is what the society would do, even before they did it. it would be their way of not even having to address anything she has to say." and that is what they did hook-line-and-sinker. kinda' like putting hooks in their jaws.

Yes, that is the excuse the Elders are giving everyone (at least I have seen several people mention that it is).

But you know, I would love to hear the Watchtower Lawyers use that excuse in front of a Judge and Jury after Barbara Anderson presents her files and records!

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

I am not overly familiar with the SilentLambs organizaton and infighting. But consider this: perhaps it is just growing pains? Every organization has them.

Richard

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh, Richard, that sounds so "dubbie", like "leave it to Jehovah".

If this is an evidence of "growing pains", I'd like to know what it will grow up to become.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Duplicate post deleted. Sorry about that.

Edited by - ozziepost on 21 December 2002 7:51:15

• Dia
    Dia

I remain loyal. And grateful for an outstanding job.

I embrace my work, which is to keep alive that exposure of evil which has finally been put onto the public stage.

To 'pass it on', in the hopes that our concerted efforts will rescue some almost future DUB from becoming yet another victim of the WTS.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I thought long and hard on all of this last night, took a long hot bath, and pondered this entire thing, from beginning to end. I came to the conclusion it's just plain embarrassing, and it has benefited no-one. However, the cause in itself HAS. So my point is, if we've helped even one person, and saved even one person regarding this horrific crime that continues to take place in our society, then it far outweighs the negative effect of the series of events that have taken place. Is that a good excuse? Does that mean that we should just let it go? Absolutely. It's time to move on and look to the future. I don't care what Bill Bowen said about Ray Franz. I don't care what Bill Bowen has said about me. It's not about Bill Bowen, or Ray Franz, and it's definitely not about me. Ray Franz does his thing, Bill does his. I feel in my heart Ray Franz is a good man, and I'm trying my very best to feel the same about Bill Bowen. Like I've said, I am a very forgiving person, and it appears as though Ray is as well. I can't help Bill in whatever agenda he might have, no matter what that is. I can't change his mind or opinion on those around him, BUT.....I can do my part for the cause, and that's all I can do. I realized last night that my trying to defend my name against Bill's allegations is not time well spent, and neither is worrying about it for that matter. I have more important things to do with my time and energy than to worry about what Bill thinks of me. I think there's several classes of people here. There's those that support Bill Bowen, those that support Bill Bowen/silentlambs, those that support silentlambs, those that support THE silentlambs, and those that don't particularly support the cause at all, for whatever reasons. Those of you that support Bill Bowen, more power to you. Those of you that support silentlambs, God Bless you. Those of you that support the cause, but NOT silentlambs, I understand you. Among some of you, I'm sure there's frustration. Some of you WANT to support the cause, you WISH you could support silentlambs, you WANT to help, but you just can't find it in you, for whatever reasons. Well, there are things you can do. You CAN support the cause, but not the organization of silentlambs. You can tell everyone you know about these problems. You can pass out flyers, outlining these problems. You can start websites with ALL this information. You can do a number of things, the possibilities are endless. Do you need to follow one man or organization to do this? I'm not saying I have all the answers, but that's what we're trying to do with LambsRoar. It's not about any particular person. It's not owned by one man. Whatever, and wherever LambsRoar goes is up to the Abuse Survivors, and that's that. It belongs to THEM, and if Bill Bowen doesn't like it, too bad. I'm not going to worry myself as to whether or not we have Bill Bowen's approval or that of silentlambs. We ARE the silent lambs, and WE decide how we will heal, and no-one else will. I'm not going to spend my time debating, or worrying or wondering or arguing about it anymore. I need to heal just like all the rest of us, and we need to push forward with that. Does something have to be done about Watchtower Policy? Sure, but we can only do that by educating the general public. No matter how many letters we write to the GB, or how hard we try to make them fall, they will not change. It's time to realize that. We can only educate, and lend support for those that are harmed, and that's it, because NOTHING will make them change. Some want the Watchtower to fall, thinking THAT is the only way to make them change. Well, that could very well be, but while we're beating at the narrow minded rock solid heads way up there at the top, there are still people being abused. So who's going to help them? That's the question.....How will they heal? How do we prevent this from happening? What happens when and if they fall and release all those pedophiles out to God knows where? It STILL doesn't solve the main issue. They'll just run to the Mormons, or someone else, and then what? We chop them down until they fall? Good luck! This is getting lengthy here, so I'll sum it up:

Who cares what Bill Bowen thinks about anyone?

Who cares who Bill Bowen approves of, or disapproves of?

How is all this helping the cause?

How are WE going to educate the general public??

If YOU support the cause, how can YOU help?

edited - Spelling

Edited by - RevMalk on 21 December 2002 10:42:33

• borgfree
    borgfree

I just have a question. I have wondered for a long time if it wouldn't be the best for everyone, if there was one attorney or legal firm, that all of our support could go to, not only for the abuse victims, but for all of our efforts at getting justice from the WT.

In the end isn't that where everything of substance will end up anyway? in the courts?

Maybe CONCERNED LAWYER?

Borgfree

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Lets get this into perspective

1. Bill Bowen has done more to change the WTBS than anyone else in 100 odd years

2. The Society have had unleashed upon them a floodwave they cannot - and will not handle

3. The WTBS would love to see us destroy ourselves - we are the only ones who can do that

4. More has gone into Bills work than the rest of you know, filtering out gossip and untruth

5. How many of us on this board would have had the guts to do what he has done

6. It is easier to criticise than to do.

7. If we "sack him" who will take his place? None here thats for sure - and then the society will have won

Jim

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Jim Dee, well said, BTW noticed your picture there. I've actually met Craig Charles, and am a big Red Dwarf Fan. Can't wait till they're movie comes out. :)

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Jim Dee,

Who said anything about "replacing" BB?? I think all anyone wants is for him to change his abusive attitude toward others, thats all. The man does NOT have to act like "MR Almighty Elder" and demand total control like he did while he was in the WT Society. His biggest problem is that he still has the JW Elder mindset. That mindset will not accomplish the goal of helping the cause of SL. It will only serve to destroy it.

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit