The coming "disassociations"

by Elsewhere 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Yes and yes.

Cold hearted bastards. I'm sorry Scully. Are you okay?

• Scully
    Scully

Elsewhere and Big Tex <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>> back atcha you guys are great!!

I'm ok with it.... just pissed off that they stooped to the level of asking my husband about my status, instead of dealing with me directly.

The way I'm going to handle it, actually, is that when JW relatives try to give me "the treatment", I'm just going to tell them that I never spoke to any elders, and never wrote any letter to the effect that I wanted to DA. And that will be the truth. They can even check with those two elders who came to the house. They never saw me, never spoke to me, and never received a letter from me. As far as I'm concerned, they were just looking for the easiest way to get rid of us both.

It's one thing for them to take my husband's statement about his own status. But to make a statement - in public - that has the appearance of something that did not transpire (that I met with them or wrote a letter to them) makes them liars, and it proves to me beyond the shadow of a doubt that they did not have MY spiritual interests in mind when they came calling.

So, Bob Stanzel, if you're reading this: Thank you for proving, once and for all, that there is NO LOVE in that congregation, or in the organization.

Love, Scully

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I know how you feel Scully. I think our time is coming very quickly. My wife got a call this evening from a JW who works in her office. She gave Nina the third degree (do you believe this is the truth; why are you celebrating birthdays, etc.) Now mind you this is from a woman who rarely speaks to my wife. At the end of the conversation came The Question: "Now what congregation do you go to?"

I have no doubt that The Dreaded Elder Visit (tm) will be made in the next couple of weeks. But I'm ready. Shields are up and phasers are set on Annihilate.

• Scully
    Scully

Big Tex:

I know how you feel Scully. I think our time is coming very quickly. My wife got a call this evening from a JW who works in her office. She gave Nina the third degree (do you believe this is the truth; why are you celebrating birthdays, etc.) Now mind you this is from a woman who rarely speaks to my wife. At the end of the conversation came The Question: "Now what congregation do you go to?"

My advice to you and Nina is this: DENY EVERYTHING.

First of all, as a female, this "sister" has no authority in the congregation. If she rarely speaks to Nina anyway, I would have told her to read 1Peter 4:15 ("let none of you suffer as a murderer or a theif or an evildoer or as a busybody in other people's matters") and then hang up on her. You don't owe her, or anyone else, an answer, particularly when you know they will likely use it against you. I would also - particularly if she used a telephone list that was acquired through work - threaten to report her HARASSING PHONE CALLS to management at work. I'm sure she will re-think her position if the boss calls her into the office for making phone calls to preach to fellow employees.

As far as the question: "Now what congregation do you go to?" I would have said "NONE. I do not go to any congregation anymore. But thanks for asking." You are not giving her the information she wants, and you are being honest at the same time.

Oh, and make sure that she knows that without another "witness" to the conversation, she can be held liable for slandering you both, and that you have no problems with reporting her to the elders for gossiping about you. Threaten her with that too.

Theocratic War Strategy. Use it.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 19 December 2002 0:1:51

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

I haven't been to any meetings in about five years. I have NEVER been contacted by any elders. Now, I'm sure they'll be contacting me in their new push, because my entire family are JWs. My grandmother, sister and aunt (all reg pioneers) will all be more than happy to give them my info (telephone #, address). I fully intend to avoid them at all costs. My husband was never a JW, so they will end up talking to him. If they happen to get me on the phone, I'll say 'Tiffany is not available, would you like to leave a message?' That's not a lie! I'm never available for them. I don't ever open my door without identifying who it is. If it looks like elders, I ain't answering the door. In my angrier days, I've told off several publishers who had the audacity to ring my bell. But I never give them my maiden name, and I've moved out of the territory.

Actually, I think I'll tell them that my husband does not allow me to talk to men, and that I have to obey my head. I'll tell them that whatever questions they have for me, they can pose them to my hubby. My husband is a Christian Minister who is very well versed in the tricks of JWs (thanks to me.) Two elders actually tried to study with him. I would listen from upstairs and crack up as their logic was blasted.

Maybe my name has already been announced. I doubt it though, because when I run into JWs, they still speak. My sister is actually the only one who chooses to shun me (until she needs to borrow money).

JT,

Maybe they'll send Eugene by my house!!!!! That would be HIL-FREAKING-ARIOUS!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Scully,

Have you considered legal action? They have made an announcement on you without even talking to you. That might be enough to open a whole can of worms for those poor brothers

In the meantime, you can truthfully say, "DA? Me? I don't think so." Its almost as good a way out as a fade.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

(((((((Scully)))))))

I know what your going through keep your chin up

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

For some reason, I find it hard to believe that the local elders will pay me a visit. We have been in our current congregation for over a year and I attend about once a month. The only time the PO acknowledged my existence was once when I was talking to his wife. As much as I would welcome a visit, my prediction is that I am totally off their radar and will be avoided at all cost.

• line6guy
    line6guy

Interesting thread. This explains why someone called and talked to my 14 yo step-son, saying he knew me and asked if I was a JW. Of course, since I haven't attended a meeting for several years, my step-son said no. I wonder what they'll do with that???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit