The coming "disassociations"

by Elsewhere 88 Replies latest jw friends

• GeddyLee
    GeddyLee

I think what everyone here is forgetting is that, the only authority that these misguided elders have is the authority that you give them. If anyone knocks at your door, and asks you if you consider yourself a JW, DONT BE INTIMIDATED!! Just calmly tell them that you dont discuss religion or politics with anyone! These are two things that are personal, and will remain that way.Be confident with them, then they are out of their element, and will have no idea how to react. After they stutter around for a moment, change the subject. It will work everytime. You are in charge all the time not them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wednesday

You are clearly not yet ready to face the exit. Plead ill health, be polite and ever so respectful. You will get away with it.

Geddy Lee

You're comments would be taken as a rejection and the next meeting could hear your name announced as d/a. That may be O K but if you do have any family still in, they would be ordered to shun you.

Personally I share the thought of an earlier poster. Perhaps it just means they will try to "encourage us." I can see nothing gained in this approach.

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hey, JT or anyone, I have a "left-field" sort of question.

All of my witness time was put in in the US and I stopped attending a couple of decades ago. As far as I know no one (except the lurking elders here) know where I am, much less that I live in Mexico.

However, I have identified myself to the local JWs as a former witness and bethelite (in Brooklyn). As I stated before, I do not recognize them as having ANY authority over me at all. But, honestly, the publishers coming to my door irritates me. As I said before, nice people but thoroughly deceived.

My question is this. Do you think, knowing that I was a JW (I have never given them my name), that I can expect a visit? It would be very entertaining for me. I have no family left to lose. No "friends" in the org. Just would like to know if anyone has a clue as to what they would like to do with someone like me.

Marcos

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just don't give a rat's ass what they think of me anymore. I have been thinking what I can do to go out with a bang. I just might go to a meeting and stand up and say just how I feel about the whole stupid JW deception. I don't know why I feel mad at the org. recently, but I have been feeling fed up with the whole damn mess. I guess it must be the stories I have read here about the family break ups because of the shunning etc. I hope I get over it before I do something I may regret.

Ken P.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Sometime this last summer, I spoke with my mother about the pedophile issue and the Dateline program that was aired. To make a long phone call short, she was very upset with me for even thinking that the Dateline program was honest and fair. A couple days later, I received a call from an old friend of the family, an elder, who asked me how things were going. Well, I knew why he was calling as only my mother would have had him call to set me straight. His conversation started off with the normal howz it goin and such. But then he got right into the meat of the matter. By the time I heard him out, he was asking me if I still felt that this was god's earthly org, if the gb was being directed by jehovah, etc etc. I wanted to say no to each question, but my Theocratic Warfare training kicked in and I lied and said yes to all of the questions. I only said what he wanted to hear because I knew he was going to report back to my mother and let her know what I said.

Funny thing was, the whole time he kept telling me that it wasn't his place to be asking me about how I felt and that I could "tell him off at any time." He never had a rude or insisting voice, but rather, he was trying to be very low key and humble sounding. That is his personality btw too.

So far, everyone has talked about inactive ones that do not attend the meetings. What about inactive ones that still do? I know, the two do not really go together, but they do in my case. I have yet to ever receive a shepherding call(in this hall), to be asked out in service by ANYONE in the hall including my own bk study conductor, or asked to enroll in the school. My wife is the only one that has asked me to go out in service with her. That one is easy - "uh, NO." The school overseer has never asked me to join the school, not even for the new layout for next year with just the straight bible reading(something that wouldn't be too hard if I had to appease the elders from trying to DA me). It almost appears that the elders can read my mind and want to leave me be. I for one would be extremely happy if my current situation stays just like it is for a while longer until I can get my wife to turn a little more to the dark side.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good observation. Seems the WT does not want fence sitters. If you state that you do want to be considered a JW, then you are asking for Elder help (read spying and intrusive actions). If you state no way, then you are out with all the privileges attached (read being treated like s**t).

Simon: lol

Edited by - thichi on 16 December 2002 16:31:9

• metatron
    metatron

Another aspect of this is the effect that these abundant df'ings is having on the Watchtower
    hierarchy.

Some of them, along with the rank and file, are now looking at df'ing as a mere procedure
    needed to get a divorce, in particular. I knew a Circuit Overseer who thought this was
    a great way to bring more people in the 'truth' - by df'ing someone who then brings
    in their 'worldly' mate as repentance. This should give you an idea how warped the organization
    has become.

I will add one detail to my theory of Watchtower Survival:

Jehovah's Witnesses must become dumber and crazier - and be led by more and more
    deliberate cynics. After a while, there's no other way. More and more guys at the top
    know it's all fake and the doctrines have all been disproved. The money and zeal and compassion
    drain away leaving men in charge who can send innocent dupes to death over the blood
    issue without a twinge of conscience - or cover up any crime without remorse.

The irony of Jehovah's Witnesses is that, in the end, they will be led by the very kind
    of men they denounced as Satanic - corrupt clerics and unfeeling fascists. The next time
    you meet a Circuit Overseer, ask yourself whether he seems like a selfless servant -
    or better suited as a smiling Nazi bureaucrat.

You reap what you sow.

metatron

• jazbug
    jazbug

It seems to me that if they do this massive disassociation then it would give the wTS more control. As it is now, JW's can talk to inactive ones and many inactive ones are becoming "apostates" (I use that word loosely) soooo making us da'd prevents the good dubs from talking to us. I think this goes along with no subscriptions..so inactive ones can't get the literature. Then the 15 min of time provision ensures that the sick, elderly, etc. have no excuse for not getting time in so they won't be counted as inactive. It looks like a master plan to me...to keep tighter control of those who are still in and to keep them away from those who are out.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

This also reminds me of the eight points the GB Chairman submitted to Ray Franz. Ray "artfully" answered them to avoid Dfing himself. Good reading about this in COC page 314.

• JH
    JH

If people just didn't get baptized, then no one could be Disfellowshipped. That would take away their power over us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit