The coming "disassociations"

by Elsewhere 88 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Ask yourself what happens to a congregation that announces one disfellowshipping after another.

Likewise, this DA effort. I'm still not convinced it's anything more just a desperate effort for
    more converts/attenders/publishers - with overzealous elders loving to judge people.

As more and more people discover the truth about the 'truth', do they intend to DA people
    without end? An announcement every month? I would welcome this greatly because it would
    break the whole df'ing thing down. Add the usual kids and divorced people getting df'd
    and it gets quite draining.

I once knew an inner city P.O. who had to ask his wife who was df'd because he couldn't
    remember who not to talk to. This is desirable because it tends to break the whole thing down
    and make it silly.

The more common they make df'ing, the more irrelevant they will become. It also increases
    the bitterness surrounding the 'truth' - with more bad -mouthing of how cultish the Watchtower
    is. Bring it on!

Remember, when the Nazis ruled they put signs saying "Verboten" in so many places,
    people began to ignore them. So be it.

metatron

• JT
    JT
    JT - you're scary.

Dead right, but scary.

not trying to be, it's just I personally know so many of the guys at bethel who are movers and shakers, Take JR Brown he was my mentor along with a number of other black bro, he felt that we needed to prepare ourselves better if we wanted to be used by the org-

i had another bro hisname is Robert (RP) Johnson, short little bro, yet carries a big stick he is a Society Troubleshooter, he used to tell me of cases where he would fly in sat morning meet with a group of elders in a Cleveland, Detriot Houston, (ok HE WAS THE INNER CITY BRO) delete every elder in the room and appoint new elders on the spot,

so i asked him didnt' you need to send a letter back to bethel for the GB to pray over the appointment recommendations and it was then that i realized how appointments really work- the GB have very littel if anything to do with appointments below the CO level.

this is truly a Corportation and the run it like one as well - many posters ere are always trying to link the wt to some funky bible fullfillment, yea right they are still hooodwinked and bamboozled by thinking that wt has ANYTHING TO DO WITH GOD OR BIBLE-

looking back at the heavies at bethel it is so clear now ------there is this guy named David Sinclair- this guy would run circleS around any CEO of a fortune 500 company and so does so many other guys, despite the fact that most of the heavies at bethel are only High School graduate they have mastered the art of "GETTTING OVER"--- TO A SCIENCE

MANY folks here think that the guys at bethel are in it for the money, well i don't believe it - NOT IN THE CONTEXT OF WHAT WE usually assoicate with folks who sit literally on top of billions of dollars

o yea they get the hook up when they travel, but the real test - what happens if they get dfed today-

you see most phoney religios folks make sure they got the CASH IN A NICE STASH SOMEONE AROUND the world - not the boys at bethel, if Don Adams the president got the shaft today he would be upcreek -

they live and die on Power and for many person power means much more than money- while they enjoy money it is the thrill of 80,000 clapping at thier dry ass speech that gets their motor running

we always speak in terms of jw in the USA or the west, but in so many countries the poor jw truly believe this is the truth, some african black bro who got put in the CO work considers it a blessing from jah that he no longer has to farm behind a bull-

so wt offers each member a promise of something

how often did we hear "Jah is opening his hand and satisfying evry living thing"

well as jw we all had different needs and wt convinced us that our hope, dreams and desires would be taken care of all we had to do WAS SELL BOOKS

HOW SAD

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find it fasniating that they are going after all of the "inactive" ones so they may be DAed... I could have sworn that they jw-media website said that "those who simply leave the faith are not shunned".

I'm still waiting for a response from them regarding my last letter:

Christian Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses
    2821 Route 22
    Patterson, NY 12563-2237 Dear Sir or Madam: Your FAQ page says that "Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned." Yet a referenced article says that those who "went out" (disassociate) are shunned. What is the difference between a person who "went out" and a person who "simply leaves the faith"? One situation results in shunning, but the other does not. I would appreciate a more detailed clarification on this. What scriptures are used to make the distinction?

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1988/4/15/article_01.htm

Such shunning would be appropriate, too, for anyone who rejects the congregation: "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us. But they went out that it might be shown up that not all are of our sort."1 John 2:18, 19.

Regards,

[Elsewhere]

Edited by - Elsewhere on 16 December 2002 14:30:42

Edited by - Elsewhere on 16 December 2002 14:31:20

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I wouldn't expect a response any time soon Elsewhere.

• Xander
    Xander

not trying to be

Oh, quiet, I know.

It's just - and you explain why in your post - you seem to be able to 'nail down' how the WTBTS reacts to thing, really paint a scenario that is believable.

It's just weird - sometimes we forget how they REALLY operate...what their REAL motives are....

• wednesday
    wednesday

JT,

u say they can't force us to meet with them. but i have heard so many on jthis jbaord say that they refused to meet with them and they were DA as a result for refusing meet with them..

So, now i am worried b/c i was going to plead ill health and depression etc. Actually this is all true, i'm just going to use it to may advantage. Do u think they would buy, we are to ill to accept help? Both my husband and i have depression, and i have a couple of chroinc illness that would problaby keep me away from the meeting even should i want to go. It seems to me, that if it is known i am ill, and my husband to, perhaps they will leave it be. i only wory b/c i am not ready to DA myself and my husband wouldn't do that anyway. he'd accept help first. So maybe if we tell them we still view ouselfs as jws,just with severe limitations do u think we can get away with that? i know they could say they could d a phone hook up for the meetings, but have chronic fatigue syndorome and am too tired to do that.

• JH
    JH

Country Girl

I dunno... do you consider me as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I don't know is a great excuse. No ambiguity there. You just DONT KNOW

You are not aloud to doubt. If you do, you're OUT. They want a firm Yes I am a J.W. nothing less.

Why not just lie to them. Say oh yes I do consider myself a J.W. Call it theocratic warfare like they do. :-)

Edited by - JH on 16 December 2002 15:10:57

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, for me it's been great having my cake and eating it too.

We left four years ago -- moved out of the area. No one knew where to find us, not even my husband's family.

For this entire time we have not been shunned (other than by my sister because she sees us celebrating Christmas, etc.) And we only kept in contact with those we chose.

This saturday we hung out with some witness friends. We just plant questions and doubts here and there but mostly just hang out. They love us. Why? Because they can be themselves around us. They can cus, they can drink, they can talk about oral sex, etc. We don't judge anyone. And their consciences don't bother them because we're not da or df.

Well, now people know where we live. And it kills my sister to no end because the PO has never attempted to reach us. And I would be surprized if he ever would. So we'll continue to have our cake and eat it too. When his mom comes over and sees the Christmas tree, so what! When other JW friends of ours come by and we're celebrating the 4th of July, too bad. We do what we want.

And when the day comes that they do come to my door, I'll say, "I'm in the middle of breastfeeding my baby." And I'll pop out my breast right there in front of them. I bet that'll make them leave really fast without asking any questions.

hehehehe I am just loving it!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well i was a little crafty, because i went to see an elder just before i stopped going to meetings, where i made a statement to him that i wasnt going anymore and the reasons why. he asked me questions and i responded to them, luckily they weren't the killer questions any of these inquisitors would like to ask, so i got off lightly.

so if i do get a visit, it'll become like how the old Prime Minister's question time used to be....." i refer the honourable gentleman to the stateman i gave a few months ago"

• Scully
    Scully

wednesday writes:

i was going to plead ill health and depression

The elders don't care about your health. They don't care if you're depressed. They think that the reason why you're sick and depressed is because you aren't "exerting yourselves" enough in doing JW stuff.

They become insane with jealousy that people can just leave without being punished for it. They desperately want to make your life miserable for walking away from meetings, service, assemblies, circuit overseer's visits etc etc. They can't stand that you have your freedom from those things, and can still claim to be JWs, while they keep plodding along and doing all the work.

This frenzy of activity to DA inactive people proves one of the points of metatron's theory about JWs: For the organization to survive, JWs are going to have to become dumber and crazier.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit