The coming "disassociations"

by Elsewhere 88 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT
    If they contact us, which they haven't done since last memorial, I plan to lie through my teeth. I will say the reason I don't attend is that I am convinced there is not an ounce of Jah's spirit in the local area, as I witnessed first hand after my daughter's death. And the fact that another young brother took his own life after having disagreements with the same PO that made my daughter feel so worthless she took her life. I will say I know of areas where entire circuits were disbanded because of the lack of Jah's spirit. I cannot attend and risk my son's life in such an unloving area. I still believe Jah's spirit operates in other areas, and that I am waiting to move when my son finishes high school to one of those "areas" (lie, lie, lie).

this is too good. I LOVE IT-

and you are right they played with our lives we might as well have some fun on the way out, like i mentioned before if i had known i would have Aux Pio for the last couple of months doing no door to door just turning in BOGUS TIME for that is all it is anyway

• JT
    JT
    JT - I like the way you write and think. Hope we get a chance to meet up someday and swap horror stories. Your use of the phrase "Cheese cracker men" cracks me up so much.

Elder: Do you believe the WT is god's spirit directed organization?

Me: "Cracker, please..............."

(The above is an inside joke that was part of a comedy sketch on white boys trying to sound ghetto.

Makena1

hey man I love it - your post are alright- and yes You are now a "Ghetto card carrying Brotha"

smile

feel free to hit me anytime and we can trade WT WAR STORIES

in wash dc- 202-336-8792

• titomunoz
    titomunoz

Perhaps the real question is how can they possibly benefit from losing members on one fell swoop.

The WT operates on a method of operandi of looking for ways to motivate as many members into productive activity as possible. The pattern is clear upon reviewing their history. A strong campaign to recruit new members follows a "cleansing period", "Jehovah is speeding it up", "Draw close to his organization", "The end is ever nearer", etc. These new ones are privileged to form the nucleus of the new world, system, society, etc.

Next, consider answering why.

I was one of the 75 or so elders privileged to attend the District Convention Seminar in Denton, Texas May 4,5, 1996. It was made clear to all in attendance that the primary purpose and real reason there is a strong push to have good attendance at the district convention is for none other than to raise funds. Each attendee donates on average $80-$120. Although they use scriptures to explain the loving kindness of lowering hotel and travel costs, the real pragmatic reason is so publishers will have more money to contribute.
    District conventions are simply an annual fundraiser.

With all the financial strain currently faced by the WT, they definitely have a need for new contributors; hence weed out the inactive (pretending to cleanse the organization; since they are not providing financially anyway there is nothing to lose), push the remaining ones to recruit more and with more ease, hence more contributions.

In the end, they benefit from control over new inexperienced publishers and the fringe financial benefit to care for all the new growth.

Only the wrapping has changed on this old package.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

They honestly think people are going to contribute $80 to $120?? I never contributed anything at conventions. The way I saw it, they owed me for my time. You take time off work, you travel to some foreign town, you stay in a hotel, you eat out at restaurants, and you're supposed to pay more on top of this? Ya right.

GeddyLee,

I don't know the sloop personally, but I've seen his work. Maybe you'll meet up with him in Mexico next week.

Since you figured me out anyway, you have to admit this was a pretty funny alias!! Maybe some JW lurker from Ambassador will stumble on this site, see Stan Conroy posting, and the s**t will hit the fan!

Stan

• NoMoreJW
    NoMoreJW

I bumped into an elder (one of the very few I had a modicum of respect for) and he told me to expect a visit in the new year. He wouldnt say any more but from this topic I get the general idea. Ive decided to string whoever calls along for as long as possible. After all, I spent 9 years waiting for the new system, depriving my kids of xmas and birthdays, losing my family and finally being shunned by the dub fanatics when I faded away.

It`ll hopefully go something like this: Them: Do you consider yourself to be a JW? Me: I don`t see why not - I havent done anything wrong. Them: Do you consider blahblah to be Gods channel/the truth/whatever? Me: Well, I spent 9 years studying it very closely and havent looked at anything else since. Them: Would you like a bible study/whatever help to return? Me: Sure, why not? Then I would make excuses for not making their meetings etc for as long as I can keep it up.

The only thing i dont want to do is give them the pleasure of handing in time. I`ll ask for certain ones to call that could use that honour, on the odd occasions I grant "whoever" an audience.

What really are the chances of successfully suing the org? Surely it would bankrupt them well before theyd reimbursed everyone?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

this business about meeting with inactive ones after the first of the year is pretty general knowledge but I haven't received even a hint from usually reliable and forthcoming sources that there's any more to it than just calling on people and trying to get them active again. has anyone seen or heard anything definitive on this or it all just the usual speculation?

• Scully
    Scully

PorkChop:

We had our "visit" last week. It took all of 5 minutes. Two elders (one we knew, the other we didn't) approached my husband in our driveway. One minute of small talk. First question: Is there anything we can do to help you get back to meetings? (Allow for response.) Second question: Do you still consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses? (Allow for response.) Third question: Does your wife still consider herself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses? (Allow for response.) Walk back to car and drive away. Make announcement at next service meeting that Mr and Mrs So-and-So have disassociated and are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses.

Love, Scully

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Refresh my memory, was this the deal where your husband was putting up the Christmas decorations? And just to confirm, you're saying it was announced at the next service meeting?

• Scully
    Scully

Yes and yes.

Love, Scully

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn, that's brutal.

(((( Scully ))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit