The coming "disassociations"

by Elsewhere 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have seen several threads about how the elders are going to be going around asking people if they still consider themselves to be jehovah's witnesses.

This will undoubtedly result in multiple DA announcements in the coming months.

I'm curious how the average JW will perceive this and respond to it.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

"Oooh, the end is getting so close!! We have to keep staying close to the organization or we could fall away too! Satan sure is busy, cause he knows he doesn't have much time left!"

etcetera, etcetera

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

If you want to avoid disassociation, you will just answer their questions with a question. Works every time.

"Do you consider yourself one of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

I dunno... do you consider me as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I don't know is a great excuse. No ambiguity there. You just DONT KNOW.

Do you consider the GB and the Faithful and Disreet slave and God's channel of communications to JW's on Earth?

I am not sure. I think sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. It kinda variates.. heheeh. <laugh>

CG

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Nice. Answering a question with a question always leads the conversation.

• benext
    benext

As I was baptized as one there is no unbapitzing procedure. If they are coming to visit they must consider the one being visited as JW. Mass announcements of disassociations could very well backfire as some may start to question why so many are leaving.

• Xander
    Xander

Sometimes yes/sometimes no means no to them - careful with that one.

The "I don't know, what do YOU think" is a classic, though. If they ARE bold enough to say you are not, make sure you don't agree with them. Keep asking questions:

"Really, why not?"

blahblahblah

"But why does that make you think I'm not a JW?"

blahblahblah

"But based on what direction have you made that connection?"

blahblahblah

"But how do you know that is accurate divine direction?"

{angry}BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

"But why does that make you think I'm not a JW?"

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

"But based on what direction have you made that connection?"

lololol, etc.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This news of meetings with inactive ones are not RUMORS. They are true.

The elders are coming after my ex-wife's daughter. She is a mere 13 years old, and was baptized at the age of 10. (That was a big mistake!!)

She and her DF'd mom haven't been to meetings in over a year now. She's not bothering the Witnesses, and is not bringing in any "influence" whatever to their organization.

But the Presiding Overseer (of their former congregation) and one of his lackies took it upon themselves to unilaterally schedule a meeting this Tuesday night at 9:30 pm at the Kingdom Hall (following the Service Meeting) with this 13-year old girl, who unfortunately seems to be caught in a contract with a heartless publishing corporation.

Can you imagine, a meeting with a child at or after her normal bedtime, to try to persuade her to come back to the Borg, and possibly to ask her those tricky questions "do you want to be a JW?", "do you believe God uses this organization?" Why bother this child?

My advice (of course) was to skip the meeting entirely, since the opinions of some ultra-religious people who live across town from you should have little or no impact on your present or future activities!

Edited by - Gopher on 16 December 2002 13:40:26

• JT
    JT
    I'm curious how the average JW will perceive this and respond to it.

the way they always do, NEW LIGHT AND JAH IS CLEANING out his house, which means we are DEEP IN THE LAST DAYS -

don't miss any meeting , and turn in your time

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

this issue was discussed at length right after the wt shifted blood from a DFing offense to a DAing offense

this is why i keep telling folks don't be writing no DAing letter to wt - any action taken should be taken from thier end-

the entire concept of DAing is the greatest invention to come out of the Legal Dept in years

being that blood is such a hot issue legal saw the need to remove any action on the part of their reps the elders as taking an aggressive stand against someone who took blood

previously a person could claim if i take blood they will haul me into a judical meeeting no camera, no recorder, no lawyer, etc and then they will grill me to death - with that the normal way it was handled

it could be argued in court in some countries that a jw refused blood due to fear and intimidation from the church

it has become so important to legal desk that the writing and service dept impliment new dogma and procedures that dont give the APPEARANCE the the indiviual jw is being corieced or force to comply due to being hauled in to the body of elder

as i have tried time and time again to explain the concept behind DAing- so many former jw unbeknown to them too many times ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT THE WT WANTS

even on ones way out of wt they still BOW BEFORE THE SERVICE DEPT ALTER ON THE WAY OUT

by writing a personal letter it FREES WT OF LIABLE ISSUE

for if the day everycomes when wt can be sued for it's goofy dogmas the hell if i'm going to sign avway my Civil Rights to get money ,esp since they pimped all of us

but at any rate when this thread was discussed we talked about the clear direction that the service dept is going

BY moving more issues from a DFing offense to a DA offense they can get the same results without the same legal issues

and this very thing of asking inactive ones DO YOU WANT HELP

I still see the following or a variation of it taking place:

for those of you who were around in sept 81 when we had the DFing Articles where the wt went into 3 study articles on DFing

i see the same again - another powerful articles

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON JEHOVAH'S OR SATAN

and within this article they will use the words of peter to say that a good jw will not be INACTIVE-

AND that we need to decide whatside we are on

in the study article they will go to great lengths to show that jw has always tried to help those who have fallen,but we MUST RESPOND TO THAT HELP and ANYONE WHO REJECTS it is turning their back on jah who is reaching out to them and should be viewed as no longer a jw for we don't REJECT ANY OF JAH ARRANGEMENTS AND THIS IS HIS ARRANGEMENT

and what form does that help take place today--the older men-- and how do you respond-

then they will say the elders will be receiving special instructions on how to REACH OUT TO SUCH ONES -

at this point the service dept will inform the elders to complie a list of all inactive

when i was the SEC we had 127 publisher and in the upstairs storage we had a box of old cards of over 200 cards of deceased, folks who moved ,but mainly inactive ones living right in the terrirtory who were never DFed or any thing

i can see them breaking it down by bookstudies and calling on everyone and asking them the following

DO YOU WANT HELP and if the answer is yes a publisher will be assigned to you to get you back in the swing of things, the elders will be able to allow TIME TO BE COUNTED BY ANYONE, not just the pioneers, showing just how serious jw is about reaching out one last time before the DOOR OF THE SYMBOLIC ARK IS SHUT

If the person says NO THANKS they will be told that they are rejecting jah arrangement and therefore rejecting jah himself and WE CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT YOU NO LONGER WANT TO BE KNOWN AS A JW

we will inform the congo of your decision not to accept the help that jah is offering

AND THEY will be DAed and the elders will not even have to lift a finger to do it

and i firmly believe that we will see less and less DFing offenses as they are shifted to the DAing list instead

and based on what we are reading here from folks still attending we can clearly see things shaping up in that direction

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another example of how no logical person can attempt to rationalize with the JW way of thinking.

If the WTS decides to pursue a massive DA effort so as to "cleanse the congregation" and "weed out Apostates", then I wonder if their annual Service Report would reflect the DECREASE in the amount of JW's? If indeed there was a DECREASE in the number of JW's, they would attribute this as Bible prophecy being fulfilled because "the love of the greater number has cooled off."

On the other hand, if they manipulate numbers as they always do and somehow manage to post an increase in publishers even after a massive DA effort (exact opposite of scenario 1), then of course "Jehovah is blessing their efforts."

You cannot reason with fundie fanatics. No matter WHAT happens, they will always have an answer for it.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 16 December 2002 13:50:26

• freedom96
    freedom96

It scary to think- Are they going to start DA'ing the young children who got baptized at 8,9,10 early teens? What is that going to do to their emotional well being when they didn't have a clue what they were doing in the first place. That is just pure evil.

As far as hearing lots of DA'ing announcements in the halls, perhaps that will help people think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit