"And what happened next was simply unbelievable!"

by Terry 85 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

Terry, Terry, Terry... I must admit that some of your posts tend to wax esoteric and I find them hard to follow. I'm sure they're very insightful, but sometimes my poor ol' south Georgia uneducated mind gets a little lost.

BUT... this thread's opening post is probably the best one I've read all year. Well done, Sir!

• Freesoul
    Freesoul

They were mean't to get a witness from you today, well done on taking the opportunity to free them.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs love playing the victim, don't enable them by feeling sorry for them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Love it.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Well played! I love how you had them verify that the media was accurate about the Catholic Church cover-up and then when they played the persecution-by-the-media card! You forced them to use critical thinking. It would be wonderful to be able to see into their heads right now...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Tell me this is not a dream you had it I'm having right now , that's fantastic!!!!!
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Amazing job Terry. Last week 3 of my wife's brothers came for a visit and I was going to bait them when one asked what news item I was reading on my smartphone. I said it was a report on how cultural and religious organizations in Australia deal with child abuse...and how the Catholic Church and Orthodox jews had been blamed...I waited for a smart ass JW comment that didn't come...so I didn't pursue it not to pass as the instigator and upsetting my wife. Sadly JW turn on the messenger instead of checking the validity of the message. I love how Terry threw off the JWs by telling them he is agnostic to avoid being labeled an apostate.
  • cofty
    cofty
    it was a bit ugly of me.

No it wasn't. It's open season on all JWs as far as I am concerned.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    What is most frustrating about this experience is that it shows how even though this is a really big story picked up by many news outlets, it's still not out there enough and most in the U.S. are not aware of it. You know these two will probably go home and Google it in private but who knows if they will pass it on. Sadly, probably not.
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Brilliant Terry! Well done!

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit