"And what happened next was simply unbelievable!"

by Terry 85 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006
    Well played! No guilt required.
  • Anon2
    Anon2

Life sometimes returns things to people. Kinda giving back the pain they've dished out. You were just the balancing act that gave them a little interest on the hurt they loaned. If they were hurt, it might make them think about things they've done to hurt others. Win win. Good job for you. If you feel too guilty, know that you made my evening and probably a lot of others too. See, it all balances out. Kudos to you!

• steve2
    steve2

Do JWs ever care when they cleverly dismantle someone else's cherished belief system? Do they ever leave feeling bad? No. They consider it their duty because it is considered to be unkind to allow people to be imprisoned by false teachings.

Were you clever? Yes. Did you attempt to cleverly dismantle their cherished belief system? Yes. Should you feel bad? No.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I simply wanted to say thank you for sharing that story. It really made me laugh. I also hope that one day, I will have such an opportunity.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This particular relgoius cult has caused the deaths of thousands, has caused insurmountable anguish and grief onto young ones who have been sexually abused by people who exploited and hid behind the so called safe righteous body of its members. Not to mention the millions of families broken apart and decimated.

So reflectively does this organization and the people in it deserve tactful compassionate respect ?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Terry, this goes with the topic I put up a week ago, "Do you feel personally vindicated by the RC exposing the WT?"

Of course you do! You have championed the TTATT and now it has come home to bring such sweet relief. We haven't been petty or vindictive in exposing the bullsh*t and you did what was needed. They weren't wounded, they were called out on their hubris. Don't feel bad. They will sing the songs at the meeting and keep handing out the tracts or standing mutely by the literature cart like before, but perhaps the slap will make them watch the RC this Friday. Take heart ya goof. Pride goeth before a fall. You just fell them is all.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Simply epic!!

You only turned around on them what they have been doing for years.

I have a feeling they will be secretly listening in on Friday :)

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    stdh.txt
  • cha ching
    cha ching

All I can say is "Good job Terry!"

It is very hard to think on the spur of the moment, your heart starts beating, and as you said "your brain turns to mush".... I can feel it.

To help someone get out of their cognitive dissonance, you must help them put their brain in another place, feel reallity. This may just be the one little crack in their dam, that may free their brains, and they will one day say thanks! Right? So many have...

Good job!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Terry, please accept a Pulitzer from me, if i could award it. That was AWESOME. I enjoyed reading it so much!

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit