Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

So let me get this straight, Rebel and the rest of you theorists. There were tens of thousands of professionals who worked on the space program and the mission to the moon. There were computer experts, payload experts, thrust engineers and specific groups who worked on the lunar lander and take-off, re-docking, re-entering the atmosphere, landing in the ocean, etc. - not to mention a thousand contingencies built into the process.

These were highly educated and trained individuals. To believe your nonsense every one of them would have had to been in on the conspiracy and the cover-up. AND maintained that silence for decades. You make grandiose claims, definitive statements and refer to conspiracy theorist websites and data posted by mommy basementers with nothing but a high school diploma and mommy's internet account, as your evidence.

Gotcha.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Won't get fooled again...Conspiracy Theories
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Well, that's what we do with the so called "JW Truth", their own words condemns the WT fallacy.

No... no it's not. You're asking us to trust them to tell the truth in order to trust they are lying in order to believe a conspiracy theory. The JWs are an isolationist doomsday bloodcult operating in a relatively well known fashion for an isolationist doomsday blood cult.

It's well know that these cults have public and secret levels of information. You're asking us to believe that NASA is confirming it has secret information by believing their public information, the opposite of what we do with JWs.

I'm sorry I had no education because I've been peddling WT magazines during the weekends. The reality is, that Nasa cannot get our full confidence just because they shows us nice pictures and tell us what we are looking at.

First, "no education" is not the same as "uninformed". You could do all the research needed in the space of an afternoon on any of these questions, don't blame the WT because you've not used google. Secondly, you've shown no reason to distrust NASA and they do far more than show "pretty pictures" and tell us what we are looking at. Have you bothered at all to look at the full scope of what NASA does?

All I want is the truth, and Nasa is not our God and should not be the only source for truth. A cover-up is very unlikely but it is not impossible for them to hide crucial information because it would be too much for the people to take.

Well, I suggest that, rather than making uninformed assertions using logical contradictions, you do some work to get at the truth of the matter. It's all out there for anyone to see, but it's not going to be handed to you without you doing any of the work.

• suavojr
    suavojr

DJS SAID: These were highly educated and trained individuals. To believe your nonsense every one of them would have had to been in on the conspiracy and the cover-up. AND maintained that silence for decades. You make grandiose claims, definitive statements and refer to conspiracy theorist websites and data posted by mommy basementers. with nothing but a high school diploma and mommy's internet account, as you evidence.

Talk about name calling! So much for having an open mind.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

DJS. Please clarify one statement I have made that is noncence?

Vivianne. This is a debating board in which we can cross pollinate and share our thinking.

my statement " The moon landing is one of the greatest achievements in the history of mankind" Is a fact. My question " Am I right in thinking NASA lost the origional footage?" Was asked because I have watched a documentary on the moon landing that claimed the origional footage was lost. I therefore thought the question relevant to the debate.

The Rebel

• suavojr
    suavojr

Nasa are Nasholes and the government wants to control our lives. I don't have to believe and will not believe 100% of what Nasa feeds us on a daily basis, they have too much at risk to talk openly about their mistakes.

We know very little about the enclosure we find ourselves living in and have many new things to discover. I have the right to doubt what they claim and their is nothing wrong with doubting.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Vivianne. This is a debating board in which we can cross pollinate and share our thinking.

Agreed, I am trying to understand your thinking and figure out if you understand it.

My question " Am I right in thinking NASA lost the origional footage?" Was asked because I have watched a documentary on the moon landing that claimed the origional footage was lost. I therefore thought the question relevant to the debate.

First, whether or not humans landed on the moon is as much of a debate as asking "Do owls exist" or "are there hats" (props to JO).

Secondly, I asked have you looked into it. You haven't, which is fine. Also, I'm trying to determine why you think it is relevant since you don't know anything about it. It's like asking whether or not the moon is made of cheese because you once saw an old cartoon of a mouse eating the moon and it was made of cheese.

What effort have you personally put into researching this and determining whether or not there was any relevance?

• DJS
    DJS

Suavoijr,

I made one direct reference to one of your posts. I agreed with your premise 100%, that we should not believe everything NASA, the government or anyone else tells us. Unless it's Cofty. I would say Viv too, but the scotch speaks sometimes for her… Not that that is a bad thing; it is a very good thing because she ends up talking about girl on girl, which is my favorite topic.

Anyway, my comments are accurate about the entrenched theorists; that doesn't seem to be you. If not, ignore them. I have major issues with uneducated, inexperienced people making definitive statements of disagreement about complicated issues that people with advanced degrees and decades of experience understand and are involved in. And so should we all.

None of the empiricists would suggest that NASA is our god and that we shouldn't use multiple sources, which we have done. Overandovernadoverandoverandover. And over.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Nasa are Nasholes and the government wants to control our lives. I don't have to believe and will not believe 100% of what Nasa feeds us on a daily basis, they have too much at risk to talk openly about their mistakes.

OK, so you've done nothing to educate yourself, are using bad logic to stomp your foot like a child and declare you can do whatever you want. You don't want actual information nor do you have any interest in looking at information, you're interested in promoting suspicion founded on ignorance and laziness.

We know very little about the enclosure we find ourselves living in and have many new things to discover. I have the right to doubt what they claim and their is nothing wrong with doubting.

You have the right to be ignorant, lazy and suspicious, absolutely agreed 100%.

• TheMark
    TheMark

I once firmly believed and strongly argued that the bible was factual, scientifically and historically. I believed a conspiracy theory. When people would call me crazy for believing it, I'd turn around and call them crazies for not believing the truth. So it can happen.

As far as the moon landings goes, well I was glued to the television set 24/7 at the time. Kinda hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that maybe they didn't happen. I did look at what the theorists consider evidence that the landings didn't happen and was not convinced.

Did the US send spacecrafts to the moon? I'm pretty sure they did.

Were they manned missions? Maybe.

Did they land on the moon? Maybe.

Two arguments in this thread were brought up to prove that the moon landings could not have been faked.

1.-The Russians did not deny them.

2.-Too many people had to be involved and secrecy was impossible.

NASA could have faked the manned part of the mission. In other words, send a spacecraft to orbit the moon a few times and come back. It would be difficult for Russia to really know if these were manned or not, especially once in the vicinity of the moon. So Russia knows that a spacecraft was sent to the moon but wouldn't be in a position to disprove if there was actually someone there or if they had landed.

From that point, setting up a studio to fake the moon landings wouldn't be difficult and wouldn't require that many people. Simulators could have been used to even fool some NASA employees.

And since the big brains over at NASA recorded over the original footing there's no way of knowing. That part sounds a little suspicious to me. They recorded over the most important achievement in human history? Maybe they did this because with today's technology it could be easily proven that they were made in a studio setting. Now that raises my conspiracy flags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit