Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    What is this claim that the thread is 50/50 on if we landed on the moon or not? The OP was maybe, another comment is a maybe, and only one other poster claims we didn't. And there is about 30 that insist we did, most offering solid evidence.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Ok Viviane ...I have spent a little time reading your past " Topic Started" thread so....

A) please present the evidence man landed on the moon.

B) Define the place of Molescular Biology in a clone community.

Today I learnt According to you bringing up topics on this debating board requires an advanced knowledge of the subject.....special qualification....I must read the rules.

Off topic and I am sure you will answer this question. Complete the following sentence " I think I help people visiting this site find the truth about Jehovers Witnesses, because........"

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Ok Viviane ...I have spent a little time reading your past " Topic Started" thread so....

OK. It's irrelevant, but, whatever.

A) please present the evidence man landed on the moon.

No.

You're more than capable of looking that up on your own. If you have specific questions, we can discuss them. So far you've asked some questions, but when pressed on what research you've done into this, the answer is "none". You've no basis for dismissing evidence until you do some research and attempt to understand the evidence. I will not be doing your work for you.

B) Define the place of Molescular Biology in a clone community.

No. That's utterly irrelevant.

Today I learnt According to you bringing up topics on this debating board requires an advanced knowledge of the subject.....special qualification....I must read the rules.

I've no idea how or why you decided to make that up.

Off topic and I am sure you will answer this question. Complete the following sentence " I think I help people visiting this site find the truth about Jehovers Witnesses, because........"

It is off topic, I agree.

• DJS
    DJS

"bringing up topics on this debating board requires an advanced knowledge of the subject.....special qualification....I must read the rules."

A childish an immature statement by a feeler/perceiver, and not even effective as a wise-ass comment. Bringing up topics is vastly different than making definitive statements about topics for which the poster has no real knowledge and no experience. That's arrogance and narcissism. Respect debating protocols; know something about the topic or exercise self control and avoid the keyboard.

And Mark, feigning being rational while being a hard-core conspiracy theorist isn't lost on any of us. As Viv would say, own it. Your rationale is typically employed by theorists. Make a mistake, say something in error or in the heat of the moment - all the while trying to do the very best thing - and a theorist somewhere at some point in time will use it. You and those like you are predictable.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Vivianne so you enter a debate I started " won't get fooled again...Moon Landing" and then take such an active involvement in this discussion, but you won't present evidence man landed on the moon.

And I do want you to be doing my homework for me....because the way you question people on your thread " What is Spirit" yet wont give a direct answer to my question is hard for me to comprehend.

The Rebel

• Viviane
    Viviane
    My god, this is why we need to teach critical thinking starting in kindergarten.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

The Rebel: If it's any consolation, I sympathize with you.

Remember: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Landing on the moon is extraordinary. There is a wide range of empirical evidence to support that man landed on the moon. An extraordinary amount of evidence.

As extraordinary as the claim of man landing on the moon is, an even more extraordinary claim is that it was all faked. The hypothesis that the landing was faked has been thoroughly debunked as false. There is no evidence to support ANY of the claims, much less anything coming close to the definition of "extraordinary."

• Viviane
    Viviane
    but you won't present evidence man landed on the moon.

Nope. I won't. I never said I would. I've consistently said I would be happy to discuss things you brought up and that I wanted to understand what you have done to understand them so we have a starting off point for discussion. I've no idea why you expect me to do your work for you. In the time you've been researching me and complaining, you could have done research on the lost tapes, flag waving, heat transfer, etc. Why haven't you, if you are truly interested in debate and discussion?

And I don't want you to be doing my homework for me....but the way you question people on "What is Spirit" and wont give a direct answer to my question is hard for me to comprehend.

I've given you several direct answers and explained several times why I was saying what I was. I can't make you understand it. And the other topic is another topic. If you want to discuss that, post on that thread. I won't discuss it here.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I can't believe this thread has gotten so long.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    VI: I can't believe this thread has gotten so long.

That's what I was gonna' say.

Vivian: This is why we need to teach critical thinking starting in kindergarten.

Amen to that, sista'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit