Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane
    ?..hmmmm the above is how I conducted bible studies with irrefutable evidence that Jehover set up a kingdom in 1914?

You used to objectively examine evidence using critical thinking and logic while conducting Bible studies? That's odd. I doubt you did any of that. In fact, I suspect that you rather took people that didn't know how to do any of that (and that you did not know how to do either) and led them down a pre-conceived and contrived trail to arrive at a pre-determined conclusion using coincidence, altered history, bad logic, numerology and the pretense that Biblical prophesies said something they didn't.

What evidence is their that man landed on the moon?

Shitloads. Go look it up and quit being lazy.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Viviane, I say "but" because many professionals have the pressure to produce, produce, and if you fall behind on any given project the stream of money gets dried up quick. When I say they have an agenda, I'm not talking about a conspiracy to take over the world, blah, blah, blah. A better word would be "goal", they have their goals and in occasions may favor certain experiments or reports in order to keep the different Nasa programs alive.

Back to the moon landing topic.

This is what I was reading a few days ago explaining the Van Allen Belt:

The Van Allen belts are full of deadly radiation, and anyone passing through them would be fried.

Needless to say this is a very simplistic statement. Yes, there is deadly radiation in the Van Allen belts, but the nature of that radiation was known to the Apollo engineers and they were able to make suitable preparations. The principle danger of the Van Allen belts is high-energy protons, which are not that difficult to shield against. And the Apollo navigators plotted a course through the thinnest parts of the belts and arranged for the spacecraft to pass through them quickly, limiting the exposure.

The Van Allen belts span only about forty degrees of earth's latitude -- twenty degrees above and below the magnetic equator. The diagrams of Apollo's translunar trajectory printed in various press releases are not entirely accurate. They tend to show only a two-dimensional version of the actual trajectory. The actual trajectory was three-dimensional. The highly technical reports of Apollo, accessible to but not generally understood by the public, give the three-dimensional details of the translunar trajectory.

Each mission flew a slightly different trajectory in order to access its landing site, but the orbital inclination of the translunar coast trajectory was always in the neighborhood of 30°. Stated another way, the geometric plane containing the translunar trajectory was inclined to the earth's equator by about 30°. A spacecraft following that trajectory would bypass all but the edges of the Van Allen belts.

This is not to dispute that passage through the Van Allen belts would be dangerous. But NASA conducted a series of experiments designed to investigate the nature of the Van Allen belts, culminating in the repeated traversal of the Southern Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly (an intense, low-hanging patch of Van Allen belt) by the Gemini 10 astronauts.

How can we test this explanation to determine its validity? our only source is Nasa when it comes to explaining this... that's where gets complicated to me.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Vivianne :

The Rebel : " What evidence is their that man landed on the moon?"

Viviane : " Shitloads. Go look it up and stop being lazy."

Did you not start a post what is spirit?

Would you have accepted this explanation " Gods active force. Go look it up and stop being lazy"

Now I don't think I am being lazy and I don't think Viviane can present any evidence man landed on the moon.

The Rebel

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

My half-brother worked for TRW Space Technologies in the years prior to and after the moon landings. I actually visited him in his lab in El Segundo, California one time when they were testing the gold drop down curtains that are visible in the moon landing photos and movies. While much of what he was doing was top-secret, some things were not and the lab I visited was not off-limits to related persons or contractors. They were also testing a lot of switches and rotors and other hardware that had to last through a very rough space flight.

He had all sorts of ovens that they would test various materials in to see what level of heat and cold they could stand and also not tear under any expected stress during the flight. I believe that he also tested the clear face-plates on the helmets they wore and the windows. The windows had to be able to handle certain pressures and decompression and also resist fogging up from both sides.

On the night of the first moon landing my wife, 3 little girls and I went to his home in Torrance, CA to watch the moon landing together. We cheered and cried and cheered and cried during the whole thing. Every so often my brother would jump up and go over to the TV and point out something on the moonlander that he had personally been involved in testing. The gold protective/reflective sheeting was one of those things. He mentioned even before they planted it - that the flag they were planting was also something very special. While he did not personally work on that, he had knowledge of some of the materials used and what the specifications had been.

My brother died 14 years ago, but chatting with my nephew I learned that my brother would often bring that whole event up and want to share stories about his small involvement in that project. He retired from TRW after 25 years working there. He was very Republican politically and was an early fan of Rush Limbaugh, so if there was any chance that he would have been involved in a hoax I'm sure he would have given me some clue. When he was buried in a military cemetery, his family buried his medals from his service during WW2 and also a special commemorative pin that he got from TRW in recognition of his personal contributions to the space program and the moon-lander project.

A hoax? Very, very doubtful. If it was, then the whole moon program was a hoax from the very beginning to the very end. Too many other events have happened since then that built off of the moon-lander program. You'd pretty much have to discount everything including the space station and all the landings on Mars as well.

JV

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, I say "but" because many professionals have the pressure to produce, produce, and if you fall behind on any given project the stream of money gets dried up quick. When I say they have an agenda, I'm not talking about a conspiracy to take over the world, blah, blah, blah. A better word would be "goal", they have their goals and in occasions may favor certain experiments or reports in order to keep the different Nasa programs alive.

Oh yeah, very true.

How can we test this explanation to determine its validity? our only source is Nasa when it comes to explaining this... that's where gets complicated to me.

Our only source for explaining what, exactly? The Van Allen belts? That's not true. The route taken by Apollo? Also not true. What, specifically, are you imagining NASA as being your only source for?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Did you not start a post what is spirit?

Post on that thread if you want to discuss that topic.

Now I don't think I am being lazy and I don't think Viviane can present any evidence man landed on the moon.

Oh, thinking is most definitely NOT what you are doing, agreed.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane

Can you present any evidence man landed on the moon?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Can you present any evidence man landed on the moon?

Yes.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Viviane....I should start a new thread, not based on what is " Spirit " but based on what is " Ego"

The Rebel: " Can you present any evidence man landed on the moon?"

Viviane : "YES"

So would it be asking to much if Viviane were to enlighten not only this discussion board,but the whole world with her evidence that man landed on the moon.....

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane....I should start a new thread, not based on what is " Spirit " but based on what is " Ego"

Agreed. A good example would be of a person that's done no research on a topic, expects others to do the research and critical thinking for them and somehow still thinks they have a valid opinion because reasons.

So would it be asking to much if Viviane were to enlighten not only this discussion board,but the whole world with her evidence that man landed on the moon.....

Yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit