Reality check: World less happy about America

by Pathofthorns 91 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

I think George W. Bush is a very dangerous man, and I agree that his only reason for attacking Iraqis solely of greed. I think he is every bit possible to sennd us into a great world disruption...Hum I wonder where I read about all this at ?

• Realist
    Realist

outoftheorg,

a) i left the US already! :-) i can tell you central europe is quite a nice plce to live! :-)

b) the average american is as nice as the average european. the problem is mainly the unlimeted capitalizm in the USA that is a threat not only to the world but also for the normal american. too many people are very poor and without any support. again my critisims is NOT directed against the american people but against the economical system that is completely unscrupulous.

c) one thing that europeans learned (unfortunately the hard way) is that nationalism (call it patriotism or whatever) is NOT something positive. it is a BIG evi l! together with religion, nationalism is the source of much hate and the perfect tool for the ruling class (hussein or bush no difference) to get their people to go to war without protesting. unfortunately the americans haven't learnt their lesson yet as it seems.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

realist

i couldnt agree with you more....nationalism is a fantastic tool of manipulation. thats why the british dont have much time for it.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I for one don't give a rats hairy a@@ what world opinion is of our policies. If we based our foriegn policy on world opinion the Soviet Union would not only still exist, but dominate the world stage, Hitler would have remained in power, and the US would still consist of only some 13 states.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

a) the soviet union would have lost the 2nd WW without the US.

b) so what if the US would exist of only 13 states? with your statement you seem to justify the killing of the native americans and taking away their land. in this view how can you blame anyone else for occupying territories?

c) your attidue is what gives americans often a bad name ...but i guess you don't care about anything but your glorious USA...misled fool.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

What I care about is the safety of my family. I can't change what happened to the Native American population, I can have an effect on the world today. That's why I'm in the military. It's not about the "glorious USA" it's about right and wrong. Good and evil.

Saddam is an EVIL MAN and we can take him out, therefore we should do so. Let me tell ya something bucky, the radical muslim fringe doesn't give a rats a@@ about US policy either. They're jealous of us and afraid of us and they will attack us REGARDLESS of what we say or do. I know this because I've been to the middle east and have had the opportunity to talk to some of these people.

Europe is laughable. They wouldn't stop Hitler, so the US had to get involved, then, they stood by and watch it all begin again in Bosnia and Kosovo. Europe can suck my left toe. Our only loyal ally there is the UK.

When Japan begins paying it's own defense budget they can criticize the US, and the same goes for Korea.

Does the US make mistakes, Heck yeah we do! Do I agree with every US policy, NOOO!!!! But I am a loyal citizen. I try to correct what I think is wrong with the US while supporting her overall. A perfect example of where I differ from the US on policy...CUBA. We should end the embargo, flood the place with US Dollars, then, when Castro dies the communist dictatorship will end with him. Plus, it would be MUCH harder for him to strong arm the population with the whole world on his beaches.

• Realist
    Realist

Yeru,

i think the problem is that you ignore the reason why the USA is currently being threatened by arabs. It is the US involvment in the middle east that caused the attack on the WTC. and the US intervenes/ed there not for human rights issues or whatever but solely to protect US economical interests. yes the arabs hate the US...but what is the reason? its not because of jelousy but because of US involvement!

about WWII...without US support for britain WWII would never have happened. germany would have gotten its corridor to danzig and perhaps even occupied the parts of poland that belong to germany...and that would have been it.

Edited by - realist on 9 December 2002 14:24:35

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Exactly.

I dont see any Americans bringing up all the Bad shit the British did. Who started the Colonies in the first place??? Who started killing the Indians first??? Lets not get into India, the Carribean, the Slave trade, etc..etc...

Every single European country has a historical record as bad if not WORSE than the U.S. NO ONE from Germany can say JACK. Spain?? You wanna talk about killing indians.... Russia?? Stalin...the Czars.....

Can the Chinese talk about how the U.S. is bad?? NO. How many millions of people have the Chinese brutalized?? Japan?? Lets not get into their history or more recently their actions in WWII.

African nations?? Shit, they're killing themselves.

So In conclusion, if people want to start chastizing our country, they need to look in the mirror first and see all the blood on THEIR faces.

crazy.

• Realist
    Realist

true..all countries have a bad record.

should that be a reason to allow any superpower to behalve as the US does right now? i don't think so.

besides...what really annoyes me about US politics is the screaming hypocrisy...ok the US wants to control the world fine...but at least admit it and don't disguise the actions with this humans rights and freedom bullshit...because that is the least the US government is interested in.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

I have to disagree with your conclusion that Hitler only wanted to reclaim 'Germany'. The U.S. was no threat to Germany when Hitler conqered France. Hitler did not invade France. He took the whole thing over. And the Rest of Europe 2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit