Reality check: World less happy about America

by Pathofthorns 91 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah Freeman. You said it like it is. I recommend that all of us read his reply several times over.What he stated is about the best analysis of the world powers that I have seen in a long time.

It is absolutly correct that many countries fear the US because they know that their populace will try to overthrow the present corrupt regimes if they were allowed to adopt a form of government or life style like ours.

Many corrupt regimes have a populace that is like a waiting time bomb due to the horrible living conditions. Their anger and hate is misdirected to those countries who live much better. But that same anger and hate may one day be redirected toward their present corrupt leaders.

Contrary to the belief of some, this situation is not something new. It has been this way for centuries.

There is plenty of blame to go around. It does not need to be directed to only a hand full of powerful nations.

Outoftheorg

• avishai
    avishai

It's interesting that this study is so alarmist. Of course some #'s are down, a lot of those in countries w/ no free press. Plus, we're up from 37% to 61% in russia. These are controversial times, of course some "approval" #'s are down. big deal

• JeffT
    JeffT

A couple of thoughts.

First, whether we like it or not we are at war. It began September 11, 2001. I think future history will mark that date as the start of the third world war. There are significant numbers of people out there that want to destroy our way of life. They've started with the US because we are the most visible symbol of what they hate. But they hate all western lifestyles and it is only a matter of time before they hit targets in Western Europe. The bombing in Bali deliberately targeted Australians. The only thing I'm seeing from this survey is that large numbers of people around the world still have their heads up their butts.

I read recently (from a reliable source) that "defiler of women's honor" is an official job description in the Iraqi army. I think that says a lot about why we need to do something about this snake pit.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

JT

thousands illegal immigrants are queueing up in france to get into england. seems like everyone wants to come here and sponge off the british taxpayer. we'll be a third world country in a soon.

• happy man
    happy man

I must say that i have never understand this," we are better beaucasue we live in a surten place on this potatoground", if you understand what i meen.

So to all of you here, wasnt it better when you was Jw and look at evry man on earth as your brother, and all same .

This is one of the most nice thngs widh being JW, never forget when i was in US 1969 and what kindness i have from Us friends.

Fore me this nationalism is a very powerfull poison.

And this clown from texas, are using it to have peopel on his side.

I think he belive he live in wild west, and he want to shoot first, so take care.

from sweden to all of you widh love

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

At least the "clown from Texas" believes in freedom and free conscience, and tries not to practice creed prejudice.

Something you seriously lack.

hawk

• avishai
    avishai
    So to all of you here, wasnt it better when you was Jw and look at evry man on earth as your brother, and all same .

Since when? When I was a jw, all men that were'nt jws were devil worshippers & going to die horribly @ armaggedon. Including women, children & babies. Geez.

Yes, nationalsim does suck, but If you want to look @ the cowboys over here, maybe first you should look @ why sweden has the highest suicide rate in the world, happy man!

• Mary
    Mary

As for the world not supporting the issue I guess you people haven't even noticed that the Canadian Base in Saudia Arabia is all loaded up with troops, planes and state of the art equipment.....

That's right, and we've armed them with the Canadian weapon of choice: plastic knives from Kentucky Fried Chicken

Why I bet a lot of you didn't even know there was a Canadian military base in Saudi land.

Wholy crap, I'm a Canadian and I didn't even know we had a military base over there........sure it's us....Canada??....I guess that's where all our GST went..........

I don't care what anyone says, the second these terrorists attack another country, that country will more than likely look to good ol' USofA for help..........

Edited by - Mary on 5 December 2002 13:55:44

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

LOL!!

That survey was Hillarious!!

Yeah, we sooooooooo BAD but yet everyone keeps trying to move here! LOL

Ohhhh I wonder why the Russians dont like us, we only wanted to nuke them for 50 years LOL!!

The best part was bush's response when he said they we were not a conquoring nation! COMON! Give me a break! I bleed red white and blue, but even I know that we like to carry a big stick.

Basicly, I throw this survery into the "I dont give a shit what your sorry 3rd world ass thinks" pile.

• JT
    JT

borgfree says

I do not think most Americans look at the UK, Canada, Australia and some others countries as rivals, someone we must compete with for world power or anything else. I have always considered those countries as partners (maybe family) in keeping the world relatively safe and free.

my feelings as well ---more like we keep the bullies from beating the He!! out of others

as i tell folks if you had to choice between the usa, france canada , england and a few others being world powers/partners or most of the middle east/china being world powers which would you want to live under?

i have yet to have anyone tell me -----o yea i would perfer to live under china/middle east as a world power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit