Reality check: World less happy about America

by Pathofthorns 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

yes the U.S. is trying to control the world (or at least the parts it wants). Do you honestly believe that another country would not try the same thing? Do you believe that China wouldnt do the same thing if it could? Russia already tried (and almost succeded). Germany already tried. Japan already tried. Who would you rather be in power?? As messed up as some of our Policies are, Im glad its the U.S. instead of say China. Remeber, it could be alot worse if a dictator was doing it.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

with all due respect i have to disagree

a) britain and france declared war on germany because they had the backing of the US. without promised support from roosevelt churchill wouldn't have dared to declare war. and the french were not eager for the war in the first place.

b) hitler never showed any intention to get involved in a war with the west. his plan was always an expansion to the east. so without lobbies on all sides who wanted the war the damn thing wouldn'T have happened.

• Realist
    Realist

yes for us its better...for the arabs hmmm...i'm not sure if they would agree with you

yes all countries tried to control as much as possible...again what pisses me off most is that the US tries to disguise it with this we want to free the world bullshit. stay to what you want and say 'WE WANT TO CONTROL THE WORLD'.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

1) Yes we want to control the world :) well not all of it.....Africa sucks.

2) Yes the Arabs dont like it. Would the Taiwanese, Japanese, Vietnemese (and every other South East Asian country), Russians, or South Koreans like it if China was in power???? Probably not!

3) Would you want the Arabs in Power????????????????????????????????? They would be suicide bombings in every election! (If they even had elections.....)

4) France, and England were in NO position to challenge Hitler (This was shown by Hitler kicking Frances ass). If anything, France was over confident that it could keep hitler at bay with its Magnot Line (I think that was the one...). While England might have had our economic back up, we were in no way a Military Threat to Hitler and if the Japanese hadnt gotten greedy, Hitler would have stayed in France. The French were foolish, however, I find it hard to believe that Hilter would have stopped. Did he really need all of those Divisions and Miltary hardware to take over Poland?? Hardly. Hitler was gearing up from the Start. Plus, Hitler didnt need to build up his Navy to attack land locked Poland. Nor did he need Jet planes, V-2, etc..etc... If anything, Hitler played the political Victim "oh they declared war on me!". Boo Hoo!

As I said before, thank God hitler was an idiot and didnt listen to his Generals.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Drinker what do you mean England was in No position to challenge Hitler. We did so for the whole legnth of the war and won. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce
    "britain and france declared war on germany because they had the backing of the US. without promised support from roosevelt churchill wouldn't have dared to declare war. and the french were not eager for the war in the first place.

b) hitler never showed any intention to get involved in a war with the west. his plan was always an expansion to the east. so without lobbies on all sides who wanted the war the damn thing wouldn'T have happened"

Said by realist.

Now we are starting to get somewhere. True colors are begining to bleed through. The Nazi party was a victim of a US conspiracy to start a world war. lol "Mulder, I mean realist, "the truth is out there."

Realist, (about what?) I have a question for you. Can Islamic rule live (rule) in the same nation and allow for personal choice of religon not of Islam, giving it and it's people equal status. Yes or no? This is very important to your argument but you have to answer this for me to go on.

Crazy I know that I do not want to control the world. That is too much responsibility. I would like to see the world get some self control, and, some self accountablity.

Realist do you think that Islamic rule is a kind government to it's people? Do you think that it is fair to women? Do you think that they really understand what it is that they hate about the West? Do you think that they understand the West at all? I mean they still see a bunch of blood thirsty crusaders. I have heard quite far assesments that bad Islamic Governments get US support and I agree. There are no good Isamic governments to support; Better to take them all out.

Crazy all that the West has to do in Africa is step back and do nothing. We could just watch entire nations of people die out. I would hate to go down in history as the generation that did that.

Last realist where are you going with the American Indian wars?

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

ballistic, true. You brits were and are brave and tough as nails.

• YERU2
    YERU2

Realist,

You, dear heart, need a reality check. The Radical Muslims hate the US because of our music and our wealth, because our culture affects theirs and lures their youth away from the way of Allah.

Give me an example where the US has intervened in the Arab world without the request of one of the countries involved? Saudi? Nope, they invited us there? Iran, nope, We were invited there. Israel, nope the Israelis invited us. With this one exception of TODAY with Iraq, the Arabs didn't invite us. Your conclusions are all wrong.

If the US were completely withdrawn from the world political stage, the Radical Muslims would still hate us, and still attack us.

• YERU2
    YERU2

You, dear heart, need a reality check. ; The Radical Muslims hate the US because of our music and our wealth, because our culture affects theirs and lures their youth away from the way of Allah. ; </P>
    <P>Give me an example where the US has intervened in the Arab world without the request of one of the countries involved? ; Saudi? ; Nope, they invited us there? ; Iran, nope, We were invited there. ; Israel, nope the Israelis invited us. ; With this one exception of TODAY with Iraq, the Arabs didn't invite us. ; Your conclusions are all wrong. ; </P>
    <P>If the US were completely withdrawn from the world political stage, the ;Radical Muslims ;would still hate us, and still attack us.</P>

• Englishman
    Englishman
    britain and france declared war on germany because they had the backing of the US. without promised support from roosevelt churchill wouldn't have dared to declare war. and the french were not eager for the war in the first place.

Churchill didn't declare war. Chamberlain declared war.

Britain survived 2 years all by itself, and fought of the Blitz raiders during the Battle of Britain, this was in 1940.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit