Reality check: World less happy about America

by Pathofthorns 91 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    germany would have gotten its corridor to danzig and perhaps even occupied the parts of poland that belong to germany...and that would have been it.

since all the answers, along with your psychoanalysis of madmen, seem to be at your fingertips, why didn't you just, instead of running off to Europe, stay in the US, run for office, and straighten out US policy? perhaps you could've even prevented the WTC tragedy ?

edited to add: YOU GO BRITS !

Edited by - deddaisy on 9 December 2002 16:18:7

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

I do not consider getting the shit bombed out of you till D-day a military Challenge to hitler. The Brits did a great DEFENSIVE job of not letting Hitler take over England but they did little offensively. I give great credit to the British Navy for keeping the German Navy in Check, the RAF for going at it against all odds, and Hitler stupid decisions (as in the bombing of London. No real Military value and a waste of German resources). The Brits didnt get involved offensivly until later in the War. They got rocked in Africa! (Rommel!).

So IMO the British were not an OFFENSIVE threat to Germany and didnt become one until Germany started to implode. DEFENSIVELY they did one hell of a job.

• Realist
    Realist

iwasyoungonce,

not all arabic/islamic countries are/were ruled by islamic fanatics. the situation gets worse however due to war, corruption and poverty. right now the situation is quite bad in most places...however egypt and tunisia for instance allowe free religion.

just to straighten this out...i have NO sympathy for islam whatsoever (like for any other fundamentalist religion)...its a primitiv and cruel religion. but that doesn't change anything about the above discussion.

englishman,

yes sorry...it was chamberlain.

2 years all by itself? hmmmm not quite...it was US support that kept britain going.

Yeru,

the islamic fundamentalists hate the US and western culture...i never questioned that. but without US involvment in the region they wouldn't go to NY and washington and bomb something. we have to face it...it were the europeans/americans that started the whole thing ...not the arabs.

israel is a chapter for itself...israel lives solely because of the strong jewish lobby in the USA.

iran? i don't think they ever wanted anyting from the US (since the islamists took over)

about the US going there because they were invited...yes they were invited by corrupt governments that deserved no protection...the US went in these coutries to protect their interests...keep the oil flowing baby!

• Realist
    Realist

deddaisy,

i have schwarzenegger! he will straighten things out for me!

crazy,

the british had an expedition core in france...which was offensive of course. the germans didn't have a massive bomber fleet and a small marine force. they were not prepared for this war. hitler gambled and lost.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Realist lets get real answer my questions if you can. I said Islamic rule do you not understand what that means? (Or what I am saying)

An Arab is not nessesary Islamic and an Islamic is not nessesarly Arabic.

Can Islamic rule live (rule) in the same nation and allow for personal choice of religon not of Islam, giving it and it's people equal status. Yes or no?

Realist do you think that Islamic rule is a kind government to it's people? Do you think that it is fair to women? Do you think that they really understand what it is that they hate about the West? Do you think that they understand the West at all?

I have heard quite far assesments that bad Islamic Governments get US support and I agree. There are no good Isamic governments to support; Better to take them all out.IMO

If you are (again) going to say (or imply) that the "jews" control the US you should at least be able to give credible answers to these simple questions. On 9/11 80 Countries were attacked and they all lost Citizens. This in not about US hatred. It is about Western hatred and it is supported all thoughout the Middle East.

I am asking you to explain to me how you believe that I am wrong. Other than being born in a Western Country and denouncing Allah as a supreme and only god.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist,

The expidention force that you talk of had to FLEE across the English Channel on a bunch of fishing boats back to England. Hardly an offensive threat. They were about to get Massacred. Another German blunder. They had the British pinned and foolishly let them escape. Within the week Hitler was having a Parade in Paris.

As for not being prepared for WWII,

Hitler lasted 6-7 years, took over ALL of Europe, a huge portion of Russia, almost all of Northern Africa, fought on 3 Fronts, fought the Americans, Russians, French, and British all by themselves- and damn near won. I consider that being prepared for war.

And while the German Navy Pound for Pound could not match up with the British, the U-Boats blasted the shit out of everyone. RADAR saved the British (that and they're stubborn ;) ).

• Realist
    Realist

Iwasyoungonce,

sorry maybe i misunderstood you before...islamistic governemts are terrible...i believe i never said anything to the contrary.

crazy,

hitler took over europe because of the blitzkrieg tactic. german forces overrun poland, they invaded france by going through belgium and attacking from an unexpected side with high speed...and they overrun the russians. they had streched their military resources to the absolut limit. it is not true that they had a super massive force at their disposal. if you think about it...the only ground war they had to fight that took longer than a month was that in russia...when the allies landed in normandy it took them less than a year to fight the germans back to the homeland and further. the whole war with the west was faught in the air.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well, if you figure it took 6 years to get rid of him and it took 4 Nations to do it, I think I would call that superior forces. German tech was better. Their tanks were better (until the t-34 came out and the Russians had U.S. help making them), their planes were generaly better. When it comes right down to it, Hitler bit off more than He could chew and made crucial mistakes. Blitzkrieg or not, Hitler stomped France and Russia (until the winter came). And the attack on Russia was MASSIVE. Hitler wasnt crusing around with a couple of divisions, He had ARMIES. Look at the pure #s. Its insane. Germany had a very long ground war in Africa, and the only reason the didnt have long ground wars in France is because the Nazi's kicked the SHIT out of the French. Germany had superior tactics, generals, and equipment, and #s.

One on One Hitler would have beating Russia.

Without the Russia fiasco, there are good odds that Hitler would not have lost.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Crazy, Radar, and computers. You miss out the whole story of our code breaking machines that changed computing forever and basically won the war.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

i can agree with almost everything you said...but hitler was not an idiot...he wouldn't have attacked russia without the necessity to do so. the russians were planning an attack and it was just a matter of who attacks first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit