Great Tribulations Starts December 20, 2002

by proplog2 112 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

I have been overcome by the seduction of prophecy. This is a situation where you spend your whole life looking for something to happen. You join in ridiculing those who take a stab at predicting something when it falls flat. But at some point you just feel you have to say something. That's what I've done. It really isn't very complicated. And there is absolutely no need for me to answer those who doubt. You ought to doubt. And even if I hit it right on target... that still doesn't make me "right", although I will have a more attentive audience.

Frankly, I hope I am wrong because you only have one chance in the prophecy business. If you hit it wrong you're out of the business - you become an unreliable source. Jgnat- has it right. There is nothing complicated here. Either I get it right or I get it wrong. No debates and arguments. If something happens as I expect then there will be plenty to discuss. If nothing happens - its over and I will then have more time for things that are rewarding in a monetary sense.

See all of you around Dec 20

Bye

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am sure "something" will happen December 20. I will get up. I will take another breath. It will either be warm or cold, snowing or clear. What do YOU expect to happen December 20 proplog2?

• SYN
    SYN

Proplog, you have my respect for the sheer tenacity you exhibit here, but you also have my vote for "craziest mofo on this here board". Good to see somebody with SPIRIT!

We'll chat again on the 21st of December. Mark it on your calender, because I'll be here. Hehehehe.

What with Bush bristling to turn Iraq into a parking lot, you may just land up being accidently correct. Who knows?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Nice job proplog2! Five entire lines of response. Perhaps you were too busy making self-deluding predictions to make a complete repsponese.

I am not going to try to convince you that Nationalism is the main cause of war. (Which is not a unique opinion.)

I am no expert on this topic either, but I think the current "War on Terrorism" was started by deranged religious Zealots (I am talking about al Queda here). Wasn't the first time, and I doubt it will be the last

However I resent your out-of-context propaganda you quote from the 1952 Watchtower.

*SIGH* First of all, it isn't *MY* propaganda, it is the WATCHTOWER's propaganda. And I resent it too! As for context (or lack thereof) the entire article is included in the link, ergo the context has been preserved.

Please click on your link and get back to us when you learn to read ALL of a quote and not just the part that is highlighted in yellow. Did you miss the part that they don't kill apostates because Christians don't do those things?

Yes, if you look hard enough, they do mention what Christians are supposed to not do. However, if that were the main (or only necessary) reason, it would have been mentioned first, don't you think? I mean, ask most people a question and the most obvious, most important answer is the first one they give. But what did these caring, loving Christians immediately spew forth? Essentially, we can't kill former members because we don't live in a "theocratic nation." Sobering words when you consider they always talk & sing about restoring true theocracy. That is supposed to come after the GT, so I guess we only have about 7 days (according to you) to find out, eh? TICK TICK TICK....

I will agree with you though that much of Franzian doctrine is disgusting. Part of what happens in fallible human organzations.

Yup, this is what happens when someone gets so deluded that they think they have a special understanding of the ephemeral spirit plane, and think that this understanding give them special insight into spiritual matters and biblical interpretation. The next thing this type of sorry, confused, borderline paranoid person does is start attempting to predict the future.

*SIGH*

• Quotes
    Quotes

Oh, and since you did such a good job of avoiding giving a meaningful response to a simple question, I will attempt to solicit a response again.

Please answer the following question:

Proplog, can I assume you have not bothered with Christmas shopping this year? No need, if the GT is starting five days before! Also, can I assume you put your money where you mouth is and withdrawn all your savings from all banks & financial institutions and converted it to gold and silver (which, unlike paper money, will be worth something during the GT)? Have you stocked up on food? I am talking enough to last months? If you really and truly believe in what you are saying, you will have done all these things, and more, to prepare.

Please enlighten us with the things you are personally doing to prepare for the GT start, now just one week away.

After all, you have told us how much you claim you believe your own insight and gone on at great length to explain how clearly marked this date is. Tell us what you actions are, so that we may see that your actions are consistent with your beliefs.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well dont cha just know that this guy is gonna get a lot of stick in a weeks time. The thread was bound for failure from the outset.

Brummie

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

Don't worry proplog, I got your back! Now please pass that prozac...

• SYN
    SYN

Brummie, you're right! *rubs hands together*

• rebel
    rebel

Proplog2,

Maybe I am the only one here who couldn't give two hoots when the great tribulation & armageddon are gonna come - because it won't make the slightest difference to me! If it is coming tomorrow, what can I do about it? If it is coming in a year, 5 years, 10 years - so what? What can we do to change it or stop it? Nothing! So why not just get on with your life and not worry about it. You can end up spending all your life speculating, getting it wrong, speculating again, getting it wrong again etc etc. That's what the WTBTS does so well - you don't have to do the same thing. If we just live each day as if it were our last, that should be good enough, don't you think?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Gumby asked:

When some people leave the Witnesses......do some go insane?

Yep. Or they leave the Borg, but the Borg doesn't leave them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit