Great Tribulations Starts December 20, 2002

by proplog2 112 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It's threads like these that reasure me of my relative sanity. Yay!!

• proplog2
    proplog2

And you are probably boring and conventional. Your internal censor won't allow you to experiment with anything new, risky or creative.

That puts you in a comfortable setting of the masses are asses types.

Good for you.

Now go in peace, but don't disturb it with anything that distracts you from your well worn path.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I read some of your posts starting with the most recent. Nothing particularly deep. Mostly the kind of chit chat you would encounter at a sports bar while the game cuts for a commercial. Actually, its kind of gossipy. Certainly not anything anybody is going to bring back up to make a point.

Thats ok. You need a lot of ordinary people. You definitely are not crazy. You are just extremely ordinary.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I read some of your posts starting with the most recent. Nothing particularly deep. Mostly the kind of chit chat you would encounter at a sports bar while the game cuts for a commercial.

Well, I would rather be the guy in a sports bar talking mundanities than the hagard guy outside on the sidewalk muttering grandiose incoherencies interlaced with absurd end-time prophecy.

• ringo5
    ringo5

No one said you weren't interesting proplog, and it would be especially interesting to hear what happened to this prediction?

Perhaps there was some flaw in the gregorian calendar that wasn't taken into account?

(psst, I'm trying to help you out here....)

• proplog2
    proplog2

Daniel P.

Do you really want to ridicule? If I really am crazy does that make you feel good?

You need to use a little on-line etiquette. You chose to make fun of me. I dished some back to you in the spirit of a little lively repartee. Do you want a prolonged worthless discussion like that?

Of course that would fit in well with your other light-weight posts.

By the way. Read your last post here and try to discover the fallacy in it. It is probably obvious to anyone who has taken logic 101.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Ringo 5:

I don't believe in God. But I am interested in the predictions contained in the BIble. Also a little interested in Nostradamus and other so called seers.

If scientists can put up arrays of radio telescopes to look for messages from other life I think it reasonable that there may be communications via ancient writings. Especially when the writers of these predictions claim to have received their information from visitors from the sky.

So, I am looking for a confluence of events that correlate with Bible predictions.

Its not based on numerology. Its hard to take translations of numbers too serious. 40 years might just mean a long period. 7 years may be an average period of time. And 3.5 may be a "short" period of time. Who can say "absolutely".

This prediction was based on a particular intersection of events that indicated the potential for something significant. It wasn't.

You learn to predict by making predictions. Ask doctors how they develop prognostic skills.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    You chose to make fun of me. I dished some back to you in the spirit of a little lively repartee. Do you want a prolonged worthless discussion like that?

It wouldn't be the most worthless discussion you've carried on, that's for sure.

Of course that would fit in well with your other light-weight posts.

Ooh, struck me to the core you did. Now I must go and devise a heavy-weight post in order to apease your sense of worthiness.

By the way. Read your last post here and try to discover the fallacy in it. It is probably obvious to anyone who has taken logic 101.

Irony is supposed to have a drop of fallacy in it. It helps to tip off the dunces!

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

just another failed prophet with a pissy attitude. perhaps it is , once again, time for him to quit this board forever and ever take a short vacation. i thought it was interesting that he quit posting a few weeks before his prediction and didn't return for 3 or 4 months afterwards. it must be really upsetting to see this come back to haunt him after all these years. proplog, thanks to post histories, we all have a more or less permanent record at jwd. thanks to simon for this. i just had another thought about this post history thing...with some people you can see their growth, or whatever you want to call it, and with others, after years and thousands of posts, it is the same old same old.

• proplog2
    proplog2

just2sheep.

I am not ashamed of this thread. I learned from it. And the general direction of things continues.

On the other hand I see you haven't been around here very long to have much of a record of posts.

Let's review your posts in another 5 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit