Great Tribulations Starts December 20, 2002

by proplog2 112 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Spanner:

I've been playing with the 2300 day scenario for about 10 years. You are right - you can count back from any Nisan 14 and come to a date sometime in December. What is different about this December? Convergence! A lot of serious stuff is coming down.

1. Putin (King of the North) & Bush (King of the South) made a declaration of friendship in May of this year.

2. Bush has been pushing the King of the North - by withdrawing from the Missile Defense Treaty & Pushing Nato right up to Russia's borders. Putin has been grinning through it but he can't stand it.

3. JW's have completed their work in the richest countries of the world - evidenced by stagnant membership.

4. Bush is about to assert USA hegemony by engaging in an ill-advised war. It is also a war that will result in a drop in oil prices that is likely to continue for the next 10 years. A drop in oil prices will completely derail the recovery of the Russian economy which is tied to exporting expensive oil.

5. Russia has an opportunity to knock the USA off its throne by blowing up New York and not even having to take the blame.

6. The Watchtower has moved most of its critical management functions out of the hypercenter of a Manhattan nuclear blast.

7. JW's will be focusing on the very prophecy that they have screwed up and need to figure out.

So it looks a lot more ominous THIS December than in any December I've observed.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

You are right to be skeptical. I also am skeptical - usually! I have been picking away at the Watchtower's prophetic orientation for the last 22 years. I am using the only tools I have at my disposal - sight, logic, induction, deduction, intuition.

Does a person quit playing the stock market when they fail to predict accurately? No they cut their losses. Playing the stock market is a more serious game than predicting the end of the world. You lose your money in the stock market.

I agree to leave this forum if I'm wrong. OK? If I'm right I guess there won't be a forum very long. How quickly can they repair the internet?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Proplog2

oil prices drop? last gulf war the oil prices shot through the roof. why would oil prices go down? there's a lot of key people in the world like the Bush familiy who make a lot of money out of oil so why would they engage in a war that was detrimental to them?

• larc
    larc

proplog, nothing of consequence is going to happen in the 2300 days following Dec. 23rd, but you can stay here anyway. In any given year for thousands of years someone could put together a bunch signs that they believe will be a fullfilment of some vague scriptures in Revelation. It is all vanity and a seeking after the wind.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Pleasuredome:

Uncertainty of supply is what drives prices up. In reality there is a glut of oil because the world's economy is in a recession.

Right now Iraq's huge reserves (2nd only to Saudi Arabia) are off-line. If and when Hussein is toppled the USA will ramp up Iraq's production to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure and help pay off the 100 billion dollar expense of the war.

Short term - uncertainty therefore higher prices.

Long term - excess production therefore lower prices.

Russian oil companies have expressed open concern about oil prices getting down to the $12 to $16 dollar a barrel level. Russian oil costs isn't profitable below $18 per barrell.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Proplog2,

I find your reasoning VERY subjective.

I agree to leave this forum if I'm wrong. OK?

It's OK; I'll just look out for a "Proplog3" on 21st December!

Spanner

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Proplog2 said,

"So it looks a lot more ominous THIS December than in any December I've observed.

I think you need to reflect on the phrase "I've observed" for a few moments. Throughout history, EVERY generation has felt that "things couldn't get much worse." Most of these people were being subjective in their judgements. One of the few generations who may have had it right was the generation that experienced the Black Plague. The generation that experienced the Spanish Influenza was another. (Note that NEITHER of these two devastating events was foretold by the Bible, by the way.) It is easy to understand why every generation thinks it will be the last - I think two factors are at play - 1. Each human life is finite, and so any human life will be the "last" life that individual experiences. 2. Children grow up. A child has no real concept of the size or the goodness or the badness of the world, and as one moves through maturity, one could say, "my understanding of the complexity and sufferring of the world has never been as complete as it is today." THAT would be an objective, likely more accurate statement than a subjective "things have never been this bad." Do you see the difference?

It is completely likely that in the fullness of time human life on earth will b ecome extinct, either as a result of an asteroid impact, planetary vulcanism or actions attributable to man himself. In no case will the Bible have foretold the event, even through the rear-view mirror of prphetic hindsight, and in no case will any god intervene to preserve "his faithful."

Then you asked,

"Does a person quit playing the stock market when they fail to predict accurately? No they cut their losses. Playing the stock market is a more serious game than predicting the end of the world. You lose your money in the stock market."

If every trade you made in the stock market had a 100% history of failure, then you might be prudent to avoid the stock market. The stock market is a rational human activity, though, and so it does not have a 100% history of failure, unlike "Bible based" specualtion, which for success depends on the actions of imaginary, irrational beings.

Lastly, you said,

"I agree to leave this forum if I'm wrong. OK?"
    I hope you don't do that. No one has suggested that you should leave that I can recall. But the heat in the specualtion kitchen can get pretty intense, so you will do what you feel you must do.
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

JT said:

I agree with you 100% that week will indeed proved to be very powerful

Yeah, he's right. Something of historic significance is happening that week.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is opening in movie theatres everywhere December 18th.

• hippikon
    hippikon

I can feel another stoning comming on. Better go out a buy some rocks

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

JT,

I agree with you 100% that week will indeed proved to be very powerful

Well, it'll be Christmas, won't it? Those powerful evil deemunz will be out looking for submissive souls! Beware!

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit