Forbidden Pleasures ......

by BobsGirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• aunthill
    aunthill

Oh, my goodness - there are so many! Singing the national anthem; pledging allegiance to the flag; registering to vote and voting; throwing my husband a suprise 50th birthday party (I needed help, I couldn't remember how to have a party.) Singing Christmas carols and putting up a tree, shopping for Christmas presents and decorations. And, (drumroll) my final act of rebellion - GASP! - giving BLOOD.

• loneowl
    loneowl

Hi,

I left WTS just last July, I'm from Italy. Few days ago my older son gave me a copy of Atom Earth Mother, Pink Floyd masterpiece. It was astounding of wonderful was to hear again such melody after 27 years in prison within the Tower. I think music is a real gift from God. It can reach places within yourself a move things within that would have taken hungdred of thousands of words and reasoning to get the same result.

Lone Owl

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

It has been a long time since I posted this ... and I miss u guys ... so I am re posting and shouting out to my buds from a few years agou ((((2laws, joyzabel)))

r you still there??

Tema

• jambon1
    jambon1

I like pulling on my colours, going to the pub & having a few laid back beers & then shouting on my footy team. A simple pleasure that takes me back to my childhood family activities which I unfortunately sacrificed under the guise of pleasing god. Watching my dad's hface as he realises that he has me back as a normal son is fairly good as well. Thinking for myself & expressing my opinions. Telling everyone that my children & my family come 1st in my life above EVERYTHING. I just love being me again.

• observador
    observador

"I'm not talking about the big stuff like oral copulation and Christmas (two of my favorite things)"

:)

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Observador ... kindred spirits are we? ...

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I bought a beautiful serene 'Buddha' statue - I adore it and every time I look at it I feel calm and free.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

1-choosing my own mate by my feelings, not by her 'standing' in the borg

2- volunteering to help 'Toys For Tots'

3- giving cross jewlery to my girlfriend

4- having great self improvement books not from wtbs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit