Forbidden Pleasures ......

by BobsGirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

This morning on the way to work, I burst into song. Not just any song ... but the heretofore forbidden "Star Spangled Banner". I just felt like singing and I wanted to sing something challenging and it seemed like the perfect choice. I LOVED IT! I loved the way the words rolled around my mouth, I loved the ebb and tide of the melody and I loved that I nailed every single note. As I was singing, I felt truly free.

This experience made me start thinking about the small pleasures that I now enjoy that were previously forbidden, and I was wondering if others have experienced a similar freedom? What little things do you really enjoy that you never allowed yourself when you were a member of the borg? I'm not talking about the big stuff like oral copulation and Christmas (two of my favorite things ), but those little pleasures that you never would have thought of trying before. The ones that make you feel as if you are finally free.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I just entered a raffle. While I generally will continue to avoid most gambling for personal reasons (it's just too much of a waste of money to me), I decided to enter this raffle. It's for charity and I get a chance to win a Playstation II. So while I really don't expect to win, I'm glad to donate my money to charity in way that was a forbidden before.

Maxwell

• Funchback
    Funchback

Good topic!

I will watch an R-rated movie now. It can even have something "supernatural" in it (like 'The Ring'). I plan on going to see 'Friday After Next' tomorrow.

Gosh! I can't believe how I would "counsel" my "friends" for going to see R-rated movies. What a butt I must've been.

Oh, and I also speak to DF'd and DA'd folks. "HI, NIKITA!!!"

• more2C
    more2C

I registered to vote in the elections for next year. Also, I bought a lottery ticket for fun. I didn't even know how to scratch it off, and it took forever to decide which one to buy. It was fun. (Even though I didn't win anything!)

Next time,

more2C

• Mary
    Mary

You can't beat this for forbidden pleasures.................

• Matty
    Matty

"Backing It Up To My Palm Pilot" without worrying about Jah looking!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have enjoyed being patriotic.

• Xena
    Xena

Saying "God Bless You" when people sneeze

Putting money under my daughters pillow when she loses a tooth and pretending it is from the Tooth Fairy.

Long lazy weekends in bed....

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I went to vegas and .........Gambled.......

It was fun, I lost 200 bucks, but it took all night. I figured I was paying for my drinks and entertainment. It didn't feel sinful at all....that came later at the strip clubs

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Make sure you listen to the Jimi Hendrix version of the Star Spangelled Banner.

Truth, you'll win it all back in Febuary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit