Forbidden Pleasures ......

by BobsGirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

My "sin" now I am free is "The Young & The Restless" I told all my studies it was a No-No

Are they missing exciting times? I hope they didnt take my advice - I was only just obeying THE GOVERNING BODY-

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Hey Bob's Girl and Aluminutty!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you at X-mas! Hmmm, I could make a long list of "forbidden pleasures"....

R rated movies, romance novels (when I was younger), holidays--with all movies, music, decorations etc. included, politics (just being able to talk about them), sex, private pleasures, other religions, wearing short skirts or a low blouse......

It's amazing how many things we were deprived of when we sit down and think about it. I think the worst part of all of it is that we were not able to make up our own minds! Great topic--thanks for sharing!

Becky

• wednesday
    wednesday

edited b/c i decided that was too personal to reval

Edited by - wednesday on 26 November 2002 18:8:1

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Another forbidden pleasure for me is having my own opinion!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Oh Boy Oh Boy,

I was up for jury duty and accepted.

Sang the star spangled banner.

Recited the pledge of allegiance AND saluted the flag.

I am so wicked and love it!

Outoftheorg

• jws
    jws

Being able to walk into a church and not feel bad about it. A few years ago, I was in New Orleans and walked into the one outside Jackson Square (is it St. John's?) Beautiful! Being able to appreciate the beauty of what I once called Christendom without regarding it with distaste. Also being able to read other religious literature without feeling skeptical and afraid.

Being able to come home and relax and not worry about meeting night. And being able to sleep in on weekends.

Even though I can enjoy these things, I still think there's something to be said for the pleasure of doing something you're not supposed to. Sometimes it's not as fun when you can.

• Swan
    Swan

Chomping down a good ol' blood sausage! Yum! Yum!

Tammy

• shera
    shera

WingCommander.......heh

I didn't grow up in "that" religion but I was glad to have "my life back"(in at 17 and out at 22)

• termite 35
    termite 35

I love being ' allowed' to make friends with who ever I want and so bloody grateful that they don't tell me off when I get REALLY 'thirsty' at the pub or laugh too loud, sound like a feminist, wear trousers to holy places, stare-at-the -occasional-man-who -is'nt-my-husband, tell jokes, dance like a maniac or sing at the top of my voice at the school carol service

My circle of friends is so much bigger now i've left and they make me really happy .

I can't believe how I used to let the wtbs dictate to me who I should associate with.

I count myself lucky I didn't die of boredom

Edited by - termite 35 on 26 November 2002 17:21:20

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, most of my forbidden pleasures have been fairly big ones -- group gropes, witchcraft, and all that...

but among the little ones I can count playing odd holiday records and wearing pants to church.

GentlyFeral
    mostly skirtless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit