Forbidden Pleasures ......

by BobsGirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

Redhorsewoman

I LOVE Handels messiah, you just reminded me. I think I'll get a copy of it just for the hell of it>

I LOVE my weekends now. Christmas shopping is an absolute pleasure.

I LOVE music and the choice I have nowadays. I like wearing clothes that would previously have been frowned upon. I like having a sense of humour again after years of suppresion.

I LOVE letting my children know that I love them in many other ways than studying that crappy pink book with them and teaching them that the only way we can have true happiness is from serving jehovah.

I LOVE not having to wear all those crappy clothes that were deemed necessary to be accepted in the kh.

I LOVE meeting nights and mornings because I'm not there.

I LOVE the lack of intrusion into my life that those busy-body-nosey-parkers used to give me.

INFACT.......I LOVE LIFE, NOW THAT I HAVE ONE TO SPEAK OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aztec
    Aztec

A few of mine:

Wearing short skirts..

and fishnet stockings..

and six inch heals..

Once in a while using a wee little bit of profanity...

Reading philosophy...

VOTING!!!

~Aztec

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

"SIx inch heals".........it does? Just teasing Aztec! I agree, fishnet stockings and heels are a good thing!

Swan, are you serious??? You like blood sausage? Or was that just another wildly popular sexual inuendo? hehe

By the way, I'd always heard that an inuendo was an Italian suppository.

Oh boy, I'm starting to go down hill aren't I??

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Wow! I posted this morning and really haven't had time to check it, It is really cool knowing that so many of us share the same joys now .... including the joys of jury duty! Dana ......Mine starts December 2

Edited by - bobsgirl on 26 November 2002 19:44:10

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Surreptitious: Actually "innuendo" is what a country girl says when a bird flies innuendo... <grin>

I can wear a cross, a charm bracelet, and vote, and sing the Star Spangled Banner. Those are my favorite things. I absolutely just get into tears when I hear that song!

CG

Edited by - country girl on 26 November 2002 19:58:14

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I just signed up to take Political Science so I can be an informed voter in time for the next election.

I sing hymns like "Old Rugged Cross" and "Amazing Grace"- well, I try to anyway:)

A girl gave a very moving speech about her niece, who has Turner's Syndrome, and I told her that the baby was very lucky to have her for an aunt. And I didn't have to worry about someone correcting me.

I told everyone to have a happy Thanksgiving when I left school today.

A former congregation member who attends the same college as I do saw me in the library and beat a hasty retreat-I didn't have to come up with an answer for "We've MISSED you at meetings lately."lol

A friend of my son's asked me about Wicca, and I could tell him what I knew without facing the Salem Witch Tribunal.

I just threw a birthday party for my sister. She said she didn't have birthdays because they made her feel self conscious. But by the way she beamed when we lit the candles on her cake, I think she didn't have them simply because no one ever threw her a party. I was so nice to see her happy:)

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

CG, you're a funny girl! How punishing.

Also, (on topic) I've been doing most of the stuff mentioned for years with no repercussions. Well, except for the time I wore those fishnet stockings...............

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Forbidden Pleasures ......

*giggling*

~Beck~

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

U is naughty Beck

What I look forward to is when I finaly find my sould mate, not having any pesky chaperones, and not waiting until the weding day to find out that I might have made the biggest mistake of my life (apart from ever joining the wt).

DUO

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Bobsgirl,

You've got a great voice...I think you should kick off the Red's next season with your rendition of the Star Spangled Banner ;)

Lizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit