Forbidden Pleasures ......

by BobsGirl 57 Replies latest jw friends

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

bobsgirl:
    My dang screen reader is being more idiotic than usual, so forgive any extra spelling mistakes. Anyway, I'm glad to see you posted this. You rock!

Funchback:
    You bring up an interesting point about the R rated movies, thing. Bobsgirl would always, when talking about a movie, inform the dubs she was speaking too the rating of the film. I used to think how silly, because those whom she was talking too were adults. What's up with the rater R thing, and where in the bible is that discussed. They didn't even have the motion picture association of America in Jesus's day, you know?

Edited by - aluminutty on 26 November 2002 13:12:40

• TresHappy
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

...........being able to bury my head between a woman's.........................wait.............can't say that on here, don't want to be offensive!! But you get the idea. :)

Wing Commander :)

• Buster
    Buster

Sleeping in on Sundays

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Handel's "Messiah". Singing Christmas Carols. Reading books by Stephen King, Anne Rice, et al. Displaying a flag. Saying "Happy Birthday" and "Merry Christmas" and "God Bless You" at the appropriate times.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

It was years before I could take out a magazine subscription for more than 1 year...

Just in general, even after being out as long as I am, I still appreciate not having to be a JW 24/7. It wasn't a religion, it was a way of life. Every minute of every day, "Is this OK? Is that OK? Am I allowed to do that?" From everything to saying "bless you" to a sneeze or participating in the office football pool, or whether or not it was OKAY to eat a Christmas cookie or grab a handful of Halloween candy, it was lurking, lurking, lurking every freakin' second of every freakin' day. And night.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

For me, its being able to have my Saturday morning free to do what I want...also, going to the pool place for lunch and having a beer when the boss buys!

• els
    els

I love singing in the car also. I grew up thinking I couldn't sing but I think that was because we had such poor songs to sing. Now I just belt out whatever I want and I'm not that bad. At least I don't think I am.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Bobsgirl!

I actually voted in the gubernatorial election in September...first time I've ever voted and it felt grrrrrrrrrreat! (just call me Tony ) Only downside is...a few weeks later I got called for jury duty. Bummer. Never done that before either, so...I get to experience something else that's new.

Dana

• metatron
    metatron

Most states I know pull jury pools from DMV rather than voting records.

However, if you want a REAL INTERESTING experience you won't soon forget,
    volunteer for Grand Jury Duty. You may get to hear fascinating tales of sorrow
    horror, and humor. (lesson one: if you get drunk, don't beat somebodies car with
    a club, so the police have to drag you away)

It can give you a view of the underside of your community you may not have
    ever imagined before.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit