The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Barry, the only thing I have any problem with in your statement is that, depending on which trinitarian I talk too, is what definition of the trinity I will receive. Saying my beliefs are based on a straw man isn't quite chipper either as I could say the same thing about yours and we fall into another deeply divided argument.

To me, I seek as much as the original meaning and intent of the Bible as I can. Due to much translating over the years and bias being placed in certain areas, that makes the search that much harder. But, it is there. One need not be a scholar or even an overly intelligent person to find it. Just seek, that is all that asked.

Matthew 7: 7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (KJV)

Lew W

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Although I concerned my self as non religious I believe in tolerance for all beliefs whether it is of a Christian view point or one opposed to it. I believe the words that Jesus when the Pharisees asked him what was the greatest command, he said at Matthew 22:36-40, (Taken from the New American Bible)

36 "Teacher, 21 which commandment in the law is the greatest?" 37 He said to him, 22 "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: 23 You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 24 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments."

Do those that preach Christianity practice this principle to "love your neighbor as yourself"?? I am not a Christian yet I show more unconditional love for my fellow humans than most Christians.

Further to this the Apostle Paul said at Romans 13:8-10

8 2 Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this saying, (namely) "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law.

I always practice these principles but because I don't claim to be Christian I am considered as being a wicked person?? I have more Christian qualities than most of these "right wing" fundamentalists that think all they have to do is believe in Jesus as their savior for their salvation.

Will

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hey Ash, how are things? I've not been around too much, recently, so I'm a little behind on events. Everything ok?

Will, just gotta love those quotes. They ARE the law.

Lew, I see that you and Brummie are in accord. Can't argue with asking the source. Matt.7:7 has a special place in my heart.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Amac, William Penwell, IslandWoman, Ashitaka, Barry, DakotaRed (Lew), LittleToe, JosephMalik, Gumby, Herk (fjtoth),

I haven't gotten to read all the latest posts, but...

I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you!

I pray that you all have peace and love and grace from our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

UnD and everyone else, I join in with wishing all a Merry Christmas too and hope you all have a very joyous holiday. Mine will be spent at my oldest daughters house watching as the grandsons rip everything apart and have a ball. To me, thats what it is really all about, letting the kids feel special and have fun.

Lew W

• gumby
    gumby

Same to all from Gumby....merry christmas! Good idea UD!

Threads like these have good "things" come out of them even if it's not the intended"things"

Many comments have been made about LOVE being over ALL other things. As long as we live by this....we will be happy, and so will our creator.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Happy holidays to everyone on here and all the best for the new year.

Will

• Brummie
    Brummie

In the Name of the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit I would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas...

Brummie

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful and kind words.

I haven't gotten a chance to read the last couple of pages on this Thread yet.

I just thought I would add some info I found while doing some research the other day.

According to my research, the oldest manuscripts of Jude 1:4 read this way:

Jude 1:4: For there are certain men who crept in secretly, even those who were long ago written about for this condemnation: ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying our Only Sovereign Ruler and Lord, Jesus Christ.

And, in light of that, it is interested to read these Verses:

1st Timothy 6:14: that you keep the commandment without spot, blameless, until the Appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ;
    1st Timothy 6:15: which in its own times He will show, who is the Blessed and Only Ruler, the King over all kings, and Lord over all lords;
    1st Timothy 6:16: who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and eternal power. Amen.

2nd Peter 2:1: But there also arose false prophets among the people, as among you also there will be false teachers, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Sovereign Ruler who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.

• gumby
    gumby

UD,

The "Have a merry Christmas" everyone......was a sign this thread was suppose to stop....It looks like old food on a clean plate on the forum front page. You must start another thread now with another title........or the demon gods of hell will come out and destroy all of the Christmas spirit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit