The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Earnest
    Earnest

Craig:

1) God is infinite.

2) Distinguish infinity into three parts.

3) You have three infinite parts.

4) Each part is infinitely different to the other parts

5) Jesus and God have as much in common as Jesus and the Devil

6) Heinz [beans] is limited to 57 varieties

• herk
  • herk
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Morning, all you lovely people.

Will: thanks for your openness. Am I to understand from your comments that you are a Modalist? I have no problem with your comments, even though they don't concur with my own beliefs.

I believe that your comments about viewing God "out of the box", whilst with a finite mind, are especially poignant. That's one of the reasons I smile when I see anyone alluding to the math's of God, and using simple formula, at that.

Herk: You seem oblivious to your own conduct. Further, you dodge a simple request for an acknowledgement of your relationship with the divine, and try to turn it into a perceived attack. How long have you really been on this forum, btw? I ask because you certainly appear to have picked up the mechanics and flavour of this particular one very quickly, for someone who has only been registered for three weeks.

Well, it's nice to see that at least one of us hasn't a hypocritical bone in his body, at least in his own high opinion of himself.

Interesting. I don't see how I could be deemed to be hypocritical, as I can meet each of those points. And as for a high opinion of myself, I never commented on my opinion of myself, I just asked you to confirm or deny my understanding of you - which you appear to still refuse to do. Interesting. Or am I misunderstanding, again, and are you claiming that we are all hypocrites (yourself included), but that I may be trying to exclude myself from that category? I can't see it being that one, since I never made any statements about hypocracy.

To get back on thread, are you saying, by your comments, that man was made in the likeness of angels? Are you also saying that it was angels, rather than the creator, that was instrumental in our coming to being? To my limited understanding, the text indicates a similitude between the one speaking and the one(s) being addressed.

Earnest: I take issue with your points 5 and 6. They are not factual .

Lew: I have a lot of respect for your opinion and style, too. You know that my perception of God is different from yours, however I don't have issue with your sincerely held beliefs. You summed it up very nicely in: "It isn't the trinity, but the belief that Jesus is the Son of God, not God himself. And, loving one another."

I have to concur that my "coming to Christ" was whilst in a state of belief of JW Dogma, but through a growing comprehension that Christ hadn't been preached correctly by the JW's (e.g. Rev.5:12-14, which I'd appreciate, if you would tackle). That awareness of Christ was the liberating factor, and my understanding grew day by day.

I don't have issue with anyones level of understanding, nor personal convictions. As far as I'm concerned we all comprehend things in our own way, as God permits. As has been so often stated: we can argue until we are blue in the face (throwing proof texts from all sides) but the end result will probably be that we all have egg on our faces, when we stand before the great white throne.

It all boils down to loving God, with complete surrender, and "love your neighbour".

Meanwhile we all need to keep seeking, and keep loving. I suggest that both of these aims can only be met by the grace of God, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Littletoe....How long have you really been on this forum, btw? I ask because you certainly appear to have picked up the mechanics and flavour of this particular one very quickly, for someone who has only been registered for three weeks.

Herk/fjtoth you are shoooooooo busted again !

Bwa haha hahaah aha hahhaha

Brummie

• herk
    herk

LittleToe,

Whether you realize it or not, you're not a difficult person to see through. The following two sentences, for example, when set in juxtaposition to each other, reveal just who the oblivious person is in this thread.

You seem oblivious to your own conduct.
    I don't see how I could be deemed to be hypocritical.

You wrote:

To get back on thread, are you saying, by your comments, that man was made in the likeness of angels? Are you also saying that it was angels, rather than the creator, that was instrumental in our coming to being? To my limited understanding, the text indicates a similitude between the one speaking and the one(s) being addressed.

I'm saying that the millenniums-long understanding of Genesis 1:26 is good enough for me. Unlike Trinitarians, I don't feel a need to put a new interpretation on it in order to force my own beliefs upon the Scriptures. The Jews have always believed that both angels and humans were made in the image of God. A comparison of Psalm 8:5 with Hebrews 2:7 shows that the Hebrew word used by the Old Testament writer for "god-like" was understood by the New Testament writer to mean "angels." Angels often appeared to men and women in human form. However, humans were made, according to the Scriptures, "a little lower than the angels."

Herk

• Brummie
    Brummie

SoOoOoOo00000ooOOo Busted

• herk
  • Brummie
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Herk:
    You're so right - I'm transparent. Maybe that's because there's no hidden agenda's, no falsehood, no dishonesty, no unfairness, just a simple love of God and neighbour (in my imperfect way of manifesting that). Ask anyone here.

On the subject of Milleniums of belief. It seems strange that Jesus and the Apostles had to clear up some misunderstandings. Are you saying that you are content with an understanding that is over 3,000 years old, and are trying to pick and choose what parts of the New Testament fit your perspective? I'm just curious, please elucidate.

You see, the point that you really seem to be missing, with me, is that I'm quite happy for you to believe what you will. That really is your prerogative. It doesn't make me or you right.

I also strongly suspect that what any of us believe will be dwarved by the reality beheld, in glory. Meanwhile it helps us get by, and helps put a person to the One we are instinctively in awe of.

There are two key laws, both involving love. Beyond that is subject to great, and heated, debate. It is also subject to change of opinion. And strangely enough, one of the few constants in life appears to be chance.

Oh, and btw, your cartoons do nothing to bolster an image of love, nor a respect for others opinions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit