Salvadoran JW house cleaner STOLD my homemade JAM

by Cappuccino OC 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Thanks TH!

How embarassing & I'm in graduate school.

Capp

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ah well, no biggy, but nail her to the wall, and if you need a body gaurd to deal with these JW's, just let me know.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I tried to be nice. Now I'm not emotional; I'm upset now.

THe worst thing is that she is not bonded. She did this as a side job. She has several side jobs eventhough she collects Welfare.

Capp

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Oh Really now? She's also guilty of welfare fraud, sheesh, wish I could collect free money from the government and work. :P Might want to place a call to DSHS also then. Sorry I didn't answer you in chat, I was alone in there, and was reading forums, didn't get back to you in in time. LOL I'll e-mail you. Ciao for now.

• Scully
    Scully

Cappucino OC:

She just doesn't understand she stole them because her definition of stealing is differnt than ours.

Let me guess..... to her, "stealing" is when someone else takes something that belongs to HER. When she takes something that belongs to someone else, she calls it "long term borrowing".

It doesn't really matter what "her" definition of what she did is. The LAW is quite explicit of how it defines theft, and that's the definition that counts.

I agree with Trauma_Hound: turn her in for welfare fraud too. She needs to be taught a very HARD lesson. Maybe her husband needs to have his records checked by the IRS too. And an investigation by the INS wouldn't hurt either. Let them be "persecuted". They've earned it, IMO.

Love, Scully

• Imbue
    Imbue

I understand because I recommended a JW, to someone, for a job as a nanny and she stole things from her house. The woman had to ask for the stuff back. She did comply, but it was very embarrassing for me.

I believe this story you have shared here would identify you to those in your congregation. You might as well post your name and address because there probably aren't many accusing someone of stealing jam.

• Imbue
    Imbue

By the way...How could she be on welfare when her husband is an elder? Then, how is he an elder when he doesn't support his family? Also, you can work while on welfare but you have to report the money. If it's more than you are allowed to make then it's deducted. At least this is what I've been told by some JWs on welfare.

Edited by - imbue on 26 November 2002 10:12:46

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Scully,

I definately agree with you that her definition of "stealing" is when they take something away from her.

They have 3 children that I'm endeared with. IT's not the kids fault that their parents are JW. The kids need to be fed & if I call Welfare they'll loose their food stamp benefits.

But I will file the report today. I'll talk to her before I do. She might say that she only borrowed them ( my baking dishes) & intended to give them back. If she denies it then she'll have to explain it to the Police when they knock on her door.

They are legal. Because last summer she helped babysit my daughter and I had to get a copy of her SS card for income tax purposes & employment.

Capp

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 26 November 2002 11:58:7

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Imbue,

I'm inactive and I don' attend any of the meetings. I never attended her Spanish congregation; I attended the English.

Her congregation is also out in the county & not in town. There is also about 6 or 7 english congregations that attend three different halls. (includes several small towns & county areas beside the big city.)

Capp

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Imbue,

He's a ministerial servant that's a good question. Aren't they supposed to have "jobs"?

He doesn't work. He's trying to get on disability insurance from social security. I know because they came to me so I could translate the paperwork for them about 2 months ago.

Yet, he can drive to Mexico and back (on vacation) with his family with no problem.

Something is fishy here with that family.

Capp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit